Football Tix Renewal?

Rocky Style

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Would be interesting to see all the facts of those cases rather than just one side .... and the WFLA guy, Andrews, is an assclown with the way he ends the video, talking about how UF and FSU boosters get more for their money than USF boosters do. Unless he was talking about more on the field, he's full of crap. There's no way a UF booster gets a better deal than $650/ticket for 50 yard line seat and Club access equivalent.

Didn't watch the video. Just read the story. Could honestly care less what he thinks about what benefits each school's boosters get. Found it interesting because that's the 2nd or 3rd story that has come out about long time, big donors walking away due to the structure/pricing change. My situation ends up on the price doubling and I'm not grandfathered in to crap I've only had season tickets for 4 years.I think it's fair to say the demand + the product on the field doesn't justify that. 

how does your price double?

I don't know why don't you ask the athletic dept? Last year I paid $400, this year if I want the same seats it's $840. 

it was a very good move by the athletic department and benefits far more people. it had to be done.

I was wondering HOW it doubled. You didn't answer the question. Did you sit in faculty section? did your donation amount increase?

What does it matter HOW it doubled? The fact of the matter is it doubled. No I didn't sit in the faculty section. I sat in the recent grad section. 

what section was that? how many tickets? you see people throw out claims all the time like the guy in that article and don't back it up with vital information. his 18 seats will cost less in donations for him and a little fact checking would have proved that. his issue is that people no longer have to overpay to sit in that section so his large group that i bet he was making money off of will break up.

there are still plenty of affordable sections.

you can sit in 217-220 for $100 more

Faculty and staff tickets (assuming you want the same section) increased by about 30%.

If I was in that section maybe I could talk about that, but I was not in the faculty and staff section. The prices for my seats with donation increased 100%.

Did you ever say what section you were in, how many tickets that previous $400 was for and has it been $400 the whole 4 years? I guess we keep asking questions because something's just not adding up with your numbers. Without some sort of previous great deal, the $400 to $840 (assume that's after 20% discount) just doesn't add up.

240, 4 seats. 

It was a great deal previously. That's why I was able to afford it having $40k+ in student debt with an entry level job in the workforce. 

If USF athletics is trying to tell me those upper level seats in the lower bowl are worth $40-$42 a game they're out of their mind. 

Again... your seats prices would have gone up REGARDLESS:

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=204876216

New Graduate

$99 Exclusively for USF graduates in December 09, May 10 & August 10 in Section 240.Offer good for One Year.

www.usfalumni.org/s/861/social.aspx?sid=861&gid=1&pgid=252&cid=10373&ecid=10373&crid=0&calpgid=61&calcid=5197

Save nearly $100 off the regular price!

You would have been paying (or supposed to be paying) $200 for those same tickets after the first year.

Now... Guess what?   Under the new plan...

Those same seats are now:

$200 + $50 (donation)  = $250

If you renew now with the 25% off per seat price:

$150 + $50 (donation) = $200

You would be paying THE SAME AMOUNT for those seats as you would have been under the old plan!

Edited by Dogma

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Would be interesting to see all the facts of those cases rather than just one side .... and the WFLA guy, Andrews, is an assclown with the way he ends the video, talking about how UF and FSU boosters get more for their money than USF boosters do. Unless he was talking about more on the field, he's full of crap. There's no way a UF booster gets a better deal than $650/ticket for 50 yard line seat and Club access equivalent.

Didn't watch the video. Just read the story. Could honestly care less what he thinks about what benefits each school's boosters get. Found it interesting because that's the 2nd or 3rd story that has come out about long time, big donors walking away due to the structure/pricing change. My situation ends up on the price doubling and I'm not grandfathered in to crap I've only had season tickets for 4 years.I think it's fair to say the demand + the product on the field doesn't justify that. 

how does your price double?

I don't know why don't you ask the athletic dept? Last year I paid $400, this year if I want the same seats it's $840. 

it was a very good move by the athletic department and benefits far more people. it had to be done.

I was wondering HOW it doubled. You didn't answer the question. Did you sit in faculty section? did your donation amount increase?

What does it matter HOW it doubled? The fact of the matter is it doubled. No I didn't sit in the faculty section. I sat in the recent grad section. 

what section was that? how many tickets? you see people throw out claims all the time like the guy in that article and don't back it up with vital information. his 18 seats will cost less in donations for him and a little fact checking would have proved that. his issue is that people no longer have to overpay to sit in that section so his large group that i bet he was making money off of will break up.

there are still plenty of affordable sections.

you can sit in 217-220 for $100 more

Faculty and staff tickets (assuming you want the same section) increased by about 30%.

If I was in that section maybe I could talk about that, but I was not in the faculty and staff section. The prices for my seats with donation increased 100%.

Did you ever say what section you were in, how many tickets that previous $400 was for and has it been $400 the whole 4 years? I guess we keep asking questions because something's just not adding up with your numbers. Without some sort of previous great deal, the $400 to $840 (assume that's after 20% discount) just doesn't add up.

240, 4 seats. 

It was a great deal previously. That's why I was able to afford it having $40k+ in student debt with an entry level job in the workforce. 

If USF athletics is trying to tell me those upper level seats in the lower bowl are worth $40-$42 a game they're out of their mind. 

Again... your seats prices would have gone up REGARDLESS:

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=204876216

New Graduate

$99 Exclusively for USF graduates in December 09, May 10 & August 10 in Section 240.Offer good for One Year.

www.usfalumni.org/s/861/social.aspx?sid=861&gid=1&pgid=252&cid=10373&ecid=10373&crid=0&calpgid=61&calcid=5197

Save nearly $100 off the regular price!

You would have been paying (or supposed to be paying) $200 for those same tickets after the first year.

Now... Guess what?   Under the new plan...

Those same seats are now:

$200 + $50 (donation)  = $250

If you renew now with the 25% off per seat price:

$150 + $50 (donation) = $200

You would be paying THE SAME AMOUNT for those seats as you would have been under the old plan!

Gotcha. Guess I got ahead of myself then. When speaking with Tre he never said any of this so do you want to be the newest season ticket rep over there? All I got was "With the new ticket structure this is what those 4 seats will cost".

Edited by USFbulls24

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

Read another article a few weeks back. I don't remember if it mentioned the donor level, but if you really think this guys the only one you're mistaken. I don't think NBC would write an article about a nobody either, but maybe they would who knows.

The other article was probably an earlier "8 On Your Side" article, http://www.wfla.com/story/28861550/usf-football-ticket-prices-moves-alum-out-of-seats, which mentions the same lower level guy mentioned in the newest one ..... and I don't think you can equate "8 On Your Side" to NBC.

Are they not affiliated? I saw the NBC logo. Apparently I'm not as "up to date" as you are when it comes to my networks...

Channel 8 is an affiliate of NBC, but not NBC. NBC didn't send Tom Brokaw down from New York to investigate this. Channel 8 sent the guy you call if your mechanic tries to gouge you ...

Just as an FYI, people in similar locations around the stadium have been paying around that, including donation, for a while now ...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I wounder if these "big donners" are the same morons who helped push out CJL?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Just as an FYI, people in similar locations around the stadium have been paying around that, including donation, for a while now ...

And for a while there.... we were winning 8 and 9 games a season while beating big time programs as well. If that were the case now you wouldn't hear me say a word. I'd shut my mouth and pony up. There was demand back then. There is no demand now. 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

This is exactly what I was thinking

I guess it's just a personal problem that apparently very few of us have. I cannot afford $850 for football tickets right now. I'll have to drop down to 2 seats from the 4 I had and I don't want to have to do that. I want to go with my family like I have the last 4 years, but it's just not possible now. Like I said I understand the deal had to end eventually, which is fine, but just looking at the product on the field and what would have to come out of my pocket now it's just hard to swallow.

Like someone said earlier, you can still go with your family for $100 more, which you did say you wouldn't have minded the upcharge. It'd even be in a spot where, if you can get get high enough, afford some shade in the mid to late afternoon games.

There are no "big donners" that have been brought forth yet. Just one, who, if he has something that says what he says it says, would be a fool if he doesn't take the legal route with this ... providing, of course, he still WANTS to support USF.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  6,307
  • Days Won:  12

I just moved to section 123 from 124 to get aisle seats and move closer to the field. Anyone sit in section 123? Do the goalpost interfere with your view?