Football Tix Renewal?

Rocky Style

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Would be interesting to see all the facts of those cases rather than just one side .... and the WFLA guy, Andrews, is an assclown with the way he ends the video, talking about how UF and FSU boosters get more for their money than USF boosters do. Unless he was talking about more on the field, he's full of crap. There's no way a UF booster gets a better deal than $650/ticket for 50 yard line seat and Club access equivalent.

Didn't watch the video. Just read the story. Could honestly care less what he thinks about what benefits each school's boosters get. Found it interesting because that's the 2nd or 3rd story that has come out about long time, big donors walking away due to the structure/pricing change. My situation ends up on the price doubling and I'm not grandfathered in to crap I've only had season tickets for 4 years.I think it's fair to say the demand + the product on the field doesn't justify that. 

What other stories about big donors walking away have there been? He's the first I've seen ... Rest have been ones that have been getting a helluva deal for years.

Read another article a few weeks back. I don't remember if it mentioned the donor level, but if you really think this guys the only one you're mistaken. I don't think NBC would write an article about a nobody either, but maybe they would who knows. 

The other article was probably an earlier "8 On Your Side" article, http://www.wfla.com/story/28861550/usf-football-ticket-prices-moves-alum-out-of-seats, which mentions the same lower level guy mentioned in the newest one ..... and I don't think you can equate "8 On Your Side" to NBC.

Are they not affiliated? I saw the NBC logo. Apparently I'm not as "up to date" as you are when it comes to my networks...

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Long time "Big donors" are not walking away because of the pricing structure changes.  People who have put $50K, $500K, $1million+ into the program are your big donors and they are not leaving because the tickets cost a few hundred dollars more.  To the extent any big donors are leaving it will have to do with other issues, for which they have access to the AD's office directly.

Just my experience, after paying seat donations for football, expected seat donations for men's and women's BB, I still had to pony up a bit of extra money to reach the Silver Bulls level.  So pretty much a wash for us overall except that we are now seated in an area where you had to previously donate $5,000/year.  And, no matter what football does over the next 2 years, we hope to become Iron Bulls at that time.  Barring Chris Christie f'in with our pension some more and assuming Social Security stays solvent that is our plan.

Is your point that you had to try really hard to spend all the money to get to silver bull? If so,  i agree with you. My donation has gone down by half for the same tickets. But for some other things going on in life I would be buying more tickets to other sports (all of which I would have trouble using consistently since I am out of town).

Long time "Big donors" are not walking away because of the pricing structure changes.  People who have put $50K, $500K, $1million+ into the program are your big donors and they are not leaving because the tickets cost a few hundred dollars more.  To the extent any big donors are leaving it will have to do with other issues, for which they have access to the AD's office directly.

Maybe you should read the article.....

Would be interesting to see all the facts of those cases rather than just one side .... and the WFLA guy, Andrews, is an assclown with the way he ends the video, talking about how UF and FSU boosters get more for their money than USF boosters do. Unless he was talking about more on the field, he's full of crap. There's no way a UF booster gets a better deal than $650/ticket for 50 yard line seat and Club access equivalent.

Didn't watch the video. Just read the story. Could honestly care less what he thinks about what benefits each school's boosters get. Found it interesting because that's the 2nd or 3rd story that has come out about long time, big donors walking away due to the structure/pricing change. My situation ends up on the price doubling and I'm not grandfathered in to crap I've only had season tickets for 4 years.I think it's fair to say the demand + the product on the field doesn't justify that. 

how does your price double?

I don't know why don't you ask the athletic dept? Last year I paid $400, this year if I want the same seats it's $840. 

it was a very good move by the athletic department and benefits far more people. it had to be done.

I was wondering HOW it doubled. You didn't answer the question. Did you sit in faculty section? did your donation amount increase?

What does it matter HOW it doubled? The fact of the matter is it doubled. No I didn't sit in the faculty section. I sat in the recent grad section. 

what section was that? how many tickets? you see people throw out claims all the time like the guy in that article and don't back it up with vital information. his 18 seats will cost less in donations for him and a little fact checking would have proved that. his issue is that people no longer have to overpay to sit in that section so his large group that i bet he was making money off of will break up.

there are still plenty of affordable sections.

you can sit in 217-220 for $100 more

Faculty and staff tickets (assuming you want the same section) increased by about 30%.

If I was in that section maybe I could talk about that, but I was not in the faculty and staff section. The prices for my seats with donation increased 100%.

Did you ever say what section you were in, how many tickets that previous $400 was for and has it been $400 the whole 4 years? I guess we keep asking questions because something's just not adding up with your numbers. Without some sort of previous great deal, the $400 to $840 (assume that's after 20% discount) just doesn't add up.

240, 4 seats. 

It was a great deal previously. That's why I was able to afford it having $40k+ in student debt with an entry level job in the workforce. 

If USF athletics is trying to tell me those upper level seats in the lower bowl are worth $40-$42 a game they're out of their mind. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Nobody else reads posted links on here, why should I be the first?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

Did you ever say what section you were in, how many tickets that previous $400 was for and has it been $400 the whole 4 years? I guess we keep asking questions because something's just not adding up with your numbers. Without some sort of previous great deal, the $400 to $840 (assume that's after 20% discount) just doesn't add up.

He mentioned he sat in the "recent grad section".

The NEW GRAD section has traditionally been Sec. 240.. Basically above the band.

But as I've stated previously, from my understanding, it's supposed to be a ONE SEASON offer just for those that just graduated (hence the name of the section) the previous year.

The special was $99.

After that, they would have to move to a regular section.

So it was half off regular price, without a required donation, and if he got it for 4 years, I'd say that was a great deal ..... but honestly, I do kind of understand where he, and the others blindsided by this, are coming from. Something should have been done to reach out to them specifically beforehand, with maybe some little perks thrown in for this year ... maybe a one time little more discount for this year or something else to ease then pain a bit.

how does your price double?

I don't know why don't you ask the athletic dept? Last year I paid $400, this year if I want the same seats it's $840. 

it was a very good move by the athletic department and benefits far more people. it had to be done.

I was wondering HOW it doubled. You didn't answer the question. Did you sit in faculty section? did your donation amount increase?

What does it matter HOW it doubled? The fact of the matter is it doubled. No I didn't sit in the faculty section. I sat in the recent grad section. 

what section was that? how many tickets? you see people throw out claims all the time like the guy in that article and don't back it up with vital information. his 18 seats will cost less in donations for him and a little fact checking would have proved that. his issue is that people no longer have to overpay to sit in that section so his large group that i bet he was making money off of will break up.

there are still plenty of affordable sections.

you can sit in 217-220 for $100 more

Faculty and staff tickets (assuming you want the same section) increased by about 30%.

If I was in that section maybe I could talk about that, but I was not in the faculty and staff section. The prices for my seats with donation increased 100%.

The NEW GRAD section has traditionally been Sec. 240.. Basically above the band.

But as I've stated previously, from my understanding, it's supposed to be a ONE SEASON offer just for those that just graduated (hence the name of the section) the previous year.

The special was $99.

From my understanding it wasn't one season, but I get that the deal would end eventually. No way 4 seats in that section are worth close to a grand though....

Good point.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

Hey, I always read the posted links. It's the best way to catch those trying to ******** us and misread and pull things out of context (none of that this time, though).

The special was $99.

So it was half off regular price, without a required donation, and if he got it for 4 years, I'd say that was a great deal ..... but honestly, I do kind of understand where he, and the others blindsided by this, are coming from. Something should have been done to reach out to them specifically beforehand, with maybe some little perks thrown in for this year ... maybe a one time little more discount for this year or something else to ease then pain a bit.

I guess it's just a personal problem that apparently very few of us have. I cannot afford $850 for football tickets right now. I'll have to drop down to 2 seats from the 4 I had and I don't want to have to do that. I want to go with my family like I have the last 4 years, but it's just not possible now. Like I said I understand the deal had to end eventually, which is fine, but just looking at the product on the field and what would have to come out of my pocket now it's just hard to swallow.

Edited by USFbulls24