Football Tix Renewal?

Rocky Style

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Would be interesting to see all the facts of those cases rather than just one side .... and the WFLA guy, Andrews, is an assclown with the way he ends the video, talking about how UF and FSU boosters get more for their money than USF boosters do. Unless he was talking about more on the field, he's full of crap. There's no way a UF booster gets a better deal than $650/ticket for 50 yard line seat and Club access equivalent.

Didn't watch the video. Just read the story. Could honestly care less what he thinks about what benefits each school's boosters get. Found it interesting because that's the 2nd or 3rd story that has come out about long time, big donors walking away due to the structure/pricing change. My situation ends up on the price doubling and I'm not grandfathered in to crap I've only had season tickets for 4 years.I think it's fair to say the demand + the product on the field doesn't justify that. 

how does your price double?

I don't know why don't you ask the athletic dept? Last year I paid $400, this year if I want the same seats it's $840. 

it was a very good move by the athletic department and benefits far more people. it had to be done.

I was wondering HOW it doubled. You didn't answer the question. Did you sit in faculty section? did your donation amount increase?

What does it matter HOW it doubled? The fact of the matter is it doubled. No I didn't sit in the faculty section. I sat in the recent grad section. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Would be interesting to see all the facts of those cases rather than just one side .... and the WFLA guy, Andrews, is an assclown with the way he ends the video, talking about how UF and FSU boosters get more for their money than USF boosters do. Unless he was talking about more on the field, he's full of crap. There's no way a UF booster gets a better deal than $650/ticket for 50 yard line seat and Club access equivalent.

Didn't watch the video. Just read the story. Could honestly care less what he thinks about what benefits each school's boosters get. Found it interesting because that's the 2nd or 3rd story that has come out about long time, big donors walking away due to the structure/pricing change. My situation ends up on the price doubling and I'm not grandfathered in to crap I've only had season tickets for 4 years.I think it's fair to say the demand + the product on the field doesn't justify that. 

I don't know why don't you ask the athletic dept? Last year I paid $400, this year if I want the same seats it's $840. 

it was a very good move by the athletic department and benefits far more people. it had to be done.

I was wondering HOW it doubled. You didn't answer the question. Did you sit in faculty section? did your donation amount increase?

What does it matter HOW it doubled? The fact of the matter is it doubled. No I didn't sit in the faculty section. I sat in the recent grad section. 

what section was that? how many tickets? you see people throw out claims all the time like the guy in that article and don't back it up with vital information. his 18 seats will cost less in donations for him and a little fact checking would have proved that. his issue is that people no longer have to overpay to sit in that section so his large group that i bet he was making money off of will break up.

there are still plenty of affordable sections.

you can sit in 217-220 for $100 more

Edited by Bull94

what section was that? how many tickets? you see people throw out claims all the time like the guy in that article and don't back it up with vital information. his 18 seats will cost less in donations for him and a little fact checking would have proved that. his issue is that people no longer have to overpay to sit in that section so his large group that i bet he was making money off of will break up.

What are you trying to get at with this? You want to say what you want about these guys that were grandfathered in since 1995 cool. I've had tickets for 4 years and my price doubled, PERIOD. Meanwhile our record over those 4 years is 14-34. If I want to go to worse seats I can do that for only paying $100 more or I can keep my same seats for an extra $450?? What a deal. Some may have benefited from this change, but I certainly did not. I guess I'll just be happy for those that did benefit?

Edited by USFbulls24

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Faculty and staff tickets (assuming you want the same section) increased by about 30%.

Faculty and staff tickets (assuming you want the same section) increased by about 30%.

If I was in that section maybe I could talk about that, but I was not in the faculty and staff section. The prices for my seats with donation increased 100%.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,144
  • Days Won:  109

Does that $400 include a donation?  Were you paying $1,000 for green jacket to get those seats at $400?  Does the $840 include the seat donation?

Not being a smart @$$ here, just trying to figure it out.  It seemed that only people that had been grandfathered were paying more.

Edit:  Sorry, didn't read the last page of the thread and missed your last post.  Had just quoted it after reading it.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

USFBull24

If you were in the recent grad section, wouldn't your ticket prices increase this year regardless?

From my understanding, the recent grad ticket is only supposed to be for 1 season.

The discount is supposed to apply only for the year after you graduate (hence the name of the section)

After that you are supposed to either move to a different section, or pay the full price.

• Upvote 1

USFBull24

If you were in the recent grad section, wouldn't your ticket prices increase this year regardless?

From my understanding, the recent grad ticket is only supposed to be for 1 season.

The discount is supposed to apply only for the year after you graduate (hence the name of the section)

After that you are supposed to either move to a different section, or pay the full price.

That wasn't communicated to me if that was supposed to be the case. I would understand if my tickets went up $100 total for the same seats or equivalent and I wouldn't complain about it. However, they want $450 more for the same seats which is more than double what I paid last year. My options are either pay over double, or move to worse seats for an extra $100. Just doesn't seem right based on the product that has been put on the field. Sounds like everyone else on this board got a hell of a deal. That's awesome for you guys. I'll stand on this island and be mad about the situation and renew my tickets because I can't help but support the school I love, it just doesn't make sense to me. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

What other stories about big donors walking away have there been? He's the first I've seen ... Rest have been ones that have been getting a helluva deal for years.

What other stories about big donors walking away have there been? He's the first I've seen ... Rest have been ones that have been getting a helluva deal for years.

Read another article a few weeks back. I don't remember if it mentioned the donor level, but if you really think this guys the only one you're mistaken. I don't think NBC would write an article about a nobody either, but maybe they would who knows.