Football Tix Renewal?

Rocky Style

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

$15/game. $90 this year.

Don't like the "new rule" that only allows you to purchase 1 parking pass even though I'm purchasing 4 seats.  Have purchased 2 parking passes, heck even 3 a few years since day 1.  With the "new rule" I could purchase 2 parking pass but I'd have to contribute an additional $400 to the athletic fund, which would make the additional parking pass a $490 pass.....unlike Flowers, "I'll pass". 

Yeah, I think this is the one place where a lot of long time season tix holders are getting a raw deal with the new set up

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  418
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Days Won:  12

That article doesnt even make sense.

The only people who have to pay more are the ones who were buying alot of tickets under one name so they would only have to pay the single donation fee. Now depending on how many you buy it may seem like you are spending more because instead of one big donation you have a lot of little donations. But for most people, including myself, I was paying more in my group than I will be as an individual so for most people its a decrease in costs. Lat year, with parking pass, I spent 1148.75 for two club seats. This year, same section, what i consider better seats (although granted probably not as good parking) I get two club seats for $805. 

Now its possible that this guy is a completely philanthropic person and was giving his tickets away to his friends and family, but I doubt it. Most folks who are into philanthropy don't go complaining to the newspaper when there philanthropic ventures cost them more. Most likely these guys were who are complaining either were using them for business purposes or selling the tickets for a profit. And if thats the case, i dont care, he wasn't doing USF any good anyways.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

That article doesnt even make sense.

The only people who have to pay more are the ones who were buying alot of tickets under one name so they would only have to pay the single donation fee. Now depending on how many you buy it may seem like you are spending more because instead of one big donation you have a lot of little donations. But for most people, including myself, I was paying more in my group than I will be as an individual so for most people its a decrease in costs. Lat year, with parking pass, I spent 1148.75 for two club seats. This year, same section, what i consider better seats (although granted probably not as good parking) I get two club seats for $805. 

Now its possible that this guy is a completely philanthropic person and was giving his tickets away to his friends and family, but I doubt it. Most folks who are into philanthropy don't go complaining to the newspaper when there philanthropic ventures cost them more. Most likely these guys were who are complaining either were using them for business purposes or selling the tickets for a profit. And if thats the case, i dont care, he wasn't doing USF any good anyways.

the math for that guy who says it will cost him $4900 more in donations doesn't add up. if he were purchasing the best seats in the house then the donation required to buy those same 18 seats he bought last year would be $7,200 (18x$400). He would be saving almost $3k. even if he bought 28 again which he says he topped out at, most likely back when we were good, it would only cost him an extra $1,200. not sure where he comes up with $4900.

I agree . he must have been either the head of a large group or a ticket broker. he certainly isn't giving out of the kindness of his heart. his math still doesn't add up though. even so he was obviously getting special priveledge as ,correct me if I'm wrong, donors were limited in the number of tickets allowed to purchase under 1 account. last i checked you weren';t allowed to purchase 28 tickets under 1 account.

if he was the head of a large group or was reselling the tickets for profit(purchasers wouldn't have to pay $10k to sit there) then I could see him being screwed if he pledged $200k. the individuals can now buy their own for a reasonable cost. probably much lower than what he charged. I bet he was charging a reduced donation, say $2k for 2 seats, plus ticket price. if he were charging $2k donation for 2 seats he would collect $18k in donations and only have to pay $10k.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,672
  • Days Won:  25

Picked my seats today! 234 Row P 1 & 2 Go Bulls! First time I've had football season tickets in my name. Thanks mechanicalbull for letting me be part of your group these past years! Go BULLS! Now I hope I get a good parking spot. (3 is not a good parking spot) I'll take 6d please! 

Good parking spots are relative. 3 is a great parking spot for us ...

We've been in 3 for 4 years or so. Requested 6D this year to be closer to the Bulls Club Tailgate tent in case we do some of those this year.  Lot 3 was always good for getting out of games since they push us north on Dale Mabry.  If we get 6 we'll probably have to head south on Himes?  Wrong direction but we'll figure it out.

It's been a long while since we were in 6D but if I remember correctly, you have to go south on Himes but I believe you can cut over thru the neighborhood towards MacDill/Habana ... if they still allow that.

Be patient and you can take the driveway that separates lot 6 and general parking. That will allow you to go north on Dale Mabry. If you're in 6D I think you will have to go south on Himes.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

http://www.wfla.com/story/28933294/usf-alum-stops-donations-over-ticket-pricing-flap

My seats also doubled in price. Just seems absolutely absurd to raise anyone's prices after what has happened the last 4-5 seasons. I understand some of it. (Just throwing a number out there) People grandfathered in paying $1,000 for what is now probably face value of $5,000+ had to change. But there's just no way my seats are worth double what I paid last year. I will have season tickets because I love USF and I'm a sucker, but I certainly don't like it at all. Are the tickets going to double again if we squeak out 6 wins in the AAC to go to a bowl? Interested to see the turnout in attendance this year. 

QQ

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Would be interesting to see all the facts of those cases rather than just one side .... and the WFLA guy, Andrews, is an assclown with the way he ends the video, talking about how UF and FSU boosters get more for their money than USF boosters do. Unless he was talking about more on the field, he's full of crap. There's no way a UF booster gets a better deal than $650/ticket for 50 yard line seat and Club access equivalent.

Didn't watch the video. Just read the story. Could honestly care less what he thinks about what benefits each school's boosters get. Found it interesting because that's the 2nd or 3rd story that has come out about long time, big donors walking away due to the structure/pricing change. My situation ends up on the price doubling and I'm not grandfathered in to crap I've only had season tickets for 4 years.I think it's fair to say the demand + the product on the field doesn't justify that. 

Would be interesting to see all the facts of those cases rather than just one side .... and the WFLA guy, Andrews, is an assclown with the way he ends the video, talking about how UF and FSU boosters get more for their money than USF boosters do. Unless he was talking about more on the field, he's full of crap. There's no way a UF booster gets a better deal than $650/ticket for 50 yard line seat and Club access equivalent.

Didn't watch the video. Just read the story. Could honestly care less what he thinks about what benefits each school's boosters get. Found it interesting because that's the 2nd or 3rd story that has come out about long time, big donors walking away due to the structure/pricing change. My situation ends up on the price doubling and I'm not grandfathered in to crap I've only had season tickets for 4 years.I think it's fair to say the demand + the product on the field doesn't justify that. 

how does your price double?

I don't know why don't you ask the athletic dept? Last year I paid $400, this year if I want the same seats it's $840. 

I don't know why don't you ask the athletic dept? Last year I paid $400, this year if I want the same seats it's $840. 

it was a very good move by the athletic department and benefits far more people. it had to be done.

I was wondering HOW it doubled. You didn't answer the question. Did you sit in faculty section? did your donation amount increase?

http://www.wfla.com/story/28933294/usf-alum-stops-donations-over-ticket-pricing-flap

My seats also doubled in price. Just seems absolutely absurd to raise anyone's prices after what has happened the last 4-5 seasons. I understand some of it. (Just throwing a number out there) People grandfathered in paying $1,000 for what is now probably face value of $5,000+ had to change. But there's just no way my seats are worth double what I paid last year. I will have season tickets because I love USF and I'm a sucker, but I certainly don't like it at all. Are the tickets going to double again if we squeak out 6 wins in the AAC to go to a bowl? Interested to see the turnout in attendance this year. 

QQ

Are you kidding? You're a class act big dog. Sorry that dishing out another $450 is a really big borderline unaffordable expense for me. Still paying off student loans and have an extremely young family. You're the man though.