Football Tix Renewal?

Rocky Style

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Usually the people that brag about what they have usually have the least.

You are correct in some instances, and usually the people who bit*h about the team, support (financially) the team the least……unfortunately many members of this board fall into that category 

Edited by Jewbull

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,672
  • Days Won:  25

I'm just a fan that pays some dues and enjoys hanging with friends and family on game day.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Do you mean this kind of bragging??

I don't think I have spent more than $10 for a ticket in years.

I agree, you're one of the most prolific bitchers on this site and you provide bottom-of-the-barrel support.  Congrats on that distinction.  Hey, weren't you also the one who famously pronounced the high ascent levels the program would reach once Jim Leavitt was fired?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,556
  • Days Won:  19

The new seat policy also makes it very easy to price individual game tickets fairly, take the total cost of a season ticket, including donation, divide by 6, then know you can't go below that number (you should probably be $10 over that number, to ensure season ticket holders get the best deal). This enables USF to sell single game tickets in any section they want, while being true to the season tickets by making the single game tickets a higher price per game.

For years, this was always a problem. We used to not sell single game tickets between the 10's just to make it clear that season tickets were the best deal, because there were so many pricing models in play, we couldn't price the tickets that ensured we were doing it right (think of a Green Jacket donor with 1 season ticket, paying about $1200 a seat for 6 games, meant they were paying $200 a game for a seat on the 15 yard line.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

The new seat policy also makes it very easy to price individual game tickets fairly, take the total cost of a season ticket, including donation, divide by 6, then know you can't go below that number (you should probably be $10 over that number, to ensure season ticket holders get the best deal). This enables USF to sell single game tickets in any section they want, while being true to the season tickets by making the single game tickets a higher price per game.

For years, this was always a problem. We used to not sell single game tickets between the 10's just to make it clear that season tickets were the best deal, because there were so many pricing models in play, we couldn't price the tickets that ensured we were doing it right (think of a Green Jacket donor with 1 season ticket, paying about $1200 a seat for 6 games, meant they were paying $200 a game for a seat on the 15 yard line.

That's the way they should price them and hopefully they do .... and I would assume that individual game tickets sold in the CA sections wouldn't have Club Access either.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

There's no such thing as a Gold Bull Location .... and you couldn't have put this in the thread about season tix renewal?

Yeah, I know they changed the whole donation level arrangement and donor seating designations but those who've been at this as long as I have know where the donation levels are and what's required to get those seats.  Hopefully the cheapskates get moved to the cheap seats.  Are you one of those?

You can get 8 seats in an old Gold Bull location for as little as a $1200 donation with a maximum of a $3200 donation. Hopefully you're not one of those cheapskates that's just donating enough to get the seats and aren't continuing at your previous level.

Typical TB................answer a question with a question.

Thought your question was rhetorical considering anybody who read the Season Tix Renewal Thread (you know, the one where normal people would have put this) knows where I stand on the grandfatherees ... Plus, I don't see a question in my response, just an observation ..... which you mysteriously chose not to comment on.  :rolleyes:

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,001
  • Days Won:  4

That's interesting...

So, a single per-game ticket in the "yellow" sections (235,236, 210,211 on the ticket diagram) would be: [$650 ($250 ticket + $400 donation) divided by six games] selling for $108 (+ $10 buffer) , or really $118.00.  That is indeed an expensive day at the ball park. 

At the end of the day, while the new system may not be good for everybody (but it is good for most people), I can't see how anyone can say it is unfair to them. Just because you got a great deal in the past, doesn't mean that the end of that great deal is unfair.

Gotta remember, the word 'fair' is very subjective. I think a lot of times the word 'unfair' is used in place of 'unpleasant'. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,674
  • Days Won:  13

Do you mean this kind of bragging??

I don't think I have spent more than $10 for a ticket in years.

I agree, you're one of the most prolific bitchers on this site and you provide bottom-of-the-barrel support. Congrats on that distinction. Hey, weren't you also the one who famously pronounced the high ascent levels the program would reach once Jim Leavitt was fired?

I use to ***** alot, but now I've just come to terms that we will never be where at one time I thought this program could be. It's sad, but reality.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,674
  • Days Won:  13

That's interesting...

So, a single per-game ticket in the "yellow" sections (235,236, 210,211 on the ticket diagram) would be: [$650 ($250 ticket + $400 donation) divided by six games] selling for $108 (+ $10 buffer) , or really $118.00. That is indeed an expensive day at the ball park.

At the end of the day, while the new system may not be good for everybody (but it is good for most people), I can't see how anyone can say it is unfair to them. Just because you got a great deal in the past, doesn't mean that the end of that great deal is unfair.

Gotta remember, the word 'fair' is very subjective. I think a lot of times the word 'unfair' is used in place of 'unpleasant'.

Expect lots of empty seats.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,556
  • Days Won:  19

That is just a couple of sections, which may be pretty full of season ticket holders. There are people out there who will pay a premium for the best seats, so lets collect $150 a seat for the best games and say $110 a game for the less appealing games for those seats. It also gives us an expensive seat to sell to fans of the other team, and ever dollar we collect from them is great.