USF Basketball at Alabama

Fold FB Invest in BB

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,967
  • Days Won:  436

Anyone know why Dinero doesnt have a name on his jersey?

Recruited by Taggart?

Haha, killed it.

Lol didnt see that coming..dang

But seriously anyone? Genuinely curious because he's the only one

His #34 jersey with his name hasn't come in yet ... 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  19

I'll watch it tonight

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,382
  • Days Won:  8

I read religious beliefs somewhere but not sure

You probably read that from me. Someone asked that a few games ago and I said that back to them and they accepted it lol I was only kidding. I guess no one wanted to question me on that one. I have no idea why he doesnt. Maybe the recruited by taggart response is right.

Sorry for spreading rumors then! ;)

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Anybody here own an ooma?? Is that commercial legit?

Yep. I have it, its great. Was like $120 for the unit, only pay taxes monthly, $3 and change. That's it.

Go with the one of the OBixxx models + Google Voice

OBi100 VoIP Telephone Adapter and Voice Service Bridge

http://www.amazon.com/OBi100-Telephone-Adapter-Service-Bridge/dp/B004LO098O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417616173&sr=8-1&keywords=google+voice

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Still feel very good about this team. Beat Detroit!

We will, but we may not see it happen. It's Saturday at 3:00 but there doesn't appear to be any TV for it

It's on espn3 so you can watch it through there

Where are you seeing that??? USF schedule and ESPN3 are not showing this.

Saturday, December 6, 3:00 PM on ESFC, ESP(N)3

Google:   south florida basketball schedule

http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=36688&SPID=2923

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

I beg to differ on Guerrero. He is not terrible and will continue to develop nicely. He may end up being our inside scoring presence with some jump hooks. Give him a few games.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I beg to differ on Guerrero. He is not terrible and will continue to develop nicely. He may end up being our inside scoring presence with some jump hooks. Give him a few games.

+1   I think he'll be just fine.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,967
  • Days Won:  436

I am not as familiar with all the new players yet, but here are a few thoughts:

• Cory Allen, Jr. is undersized to play the two, but has found away to get shots (not all of them good)
  • Perry need to play with his back to the basket. His shot selection off the dribble is terrible - too many bricks to count
  • Collins looks like he is still playing in Heath's system and picks up his dribble way to often but has managed to a 2.7:1 assist to turnover ratio
  • Morillo can flat out shoot it -  the pull up 3 on the fast break was not the shot you want but he showed alot of confidence in it and he hit it - he needs to be third scorer this team relies on. Better suited to play the two but will have to defend alot of bigger three's due to Allen playing the two. He's excellent on the defensive boards which this team needs.
  • Zeigler reminds me of a smaller version of Fitz during his freshman year - a bit rigid
  • Guerrero is terrible - he lacks lateral quickness and cannot defend
  • Cousins shows potential but his foul trouble is from being out of position defensively and having to bail out his teammates when their player goes by or gets an offensive rebound
The team is fun to watch but they are going to get killed on the boards come conference play. They currently rank 171 out of 345 in rebound differential but expect that to worsen once conference play begins. Turnovers with this many new players and style of offense are going to happen early, but the team plays with alot of energy and hustle. I can live with those growing pains with the team as engaged as it.

Guerrero terrible but making excuses for Cousins??

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822

Guerrero has probably been our best defender inside, are you joking? And he looks decent on offense. I see a lot of potential in him, and I would much rather see him out on the court than Cousins. Cousins has been pretty **** sorry. He is slow, cannot shoot layups with his right hand, has been dropping a lot of balls and creating a lot of turnovers (not the good kind) for our offense.

I remember a play last game against Jacksonville where Guerrero effectively guarded 2-3 guys with his positioning. 

Edited by Sipher

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  80

Think everyone needs to put this into perspective. Obviously they didn't play good last night, but its a part of growing pains and if it wasn't for foul trouble we probably make it really close. I think it was a lack of depth that showed against team that is has a good shot to make the NCAA tournament. That's the difference between a team on year 1 of a coach and a team on year 5 with a coach.

• Upvote 1