• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Here's the breakdown of the major areas:

The Offense:

QB [?]  RBs [X]  WRs [?] TEs [X] O-line [?]

Offensive Philosophy:

Is this going to work at USF when we don't have the personnel and the experience?

Defense [X]

Can't score? Well, look at the offensive positions. It's no mystery. If CWT can upgrade those positions, USF will win next year. If not, it's the same stuff, again.

Faith has nothing to do with it.

Edited by Beta4East1989

• Topic Count:  177
  • Content Count:  8,727
  • Days Won:  28

Just read the paper and saw a lot of quotes from Harlan about "working together" to get this turned around.  Translation - Willie is gonna get micro-managed until his eyes bleed.  Harlan may make him seriously revamp his offensive philosophy, make personnel decisions and stip him of his play calling duties among other things.  It will be interesting to see how Willie reacts.  Taggart may not be drivng his bus anymore. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Just read the paper and saw a lot of quotes from Harlan about "working together" to get this turned around. Translation - Willie is gonna get micro-managed until his eyes bleed. Harlan may make him seriously revamp his offensive philosophy, make personnel decisions and stip him of his play calling duties among other things. It will be interesting to see how Willie reacts. Taggart may not be drivng his bus anymore.

Brother, this is why I faith in Harlan. Sometimes it's smarter to manage someone out versus firing them

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878

Taggart hasn't shown a lot of flexibility, nor has he shown he can figure out the problem yet. I think the micromanagement is warranted--Harlan's a savvy dude from what I see, and he's in a position to HAVE to do something.

Just read the paper and saw a lot of quotes from Harlan about "working together" to get this turned around. Translation - Willie is gonna get micro-managed until his eyes bleed. Harlan may make him seriously revamp his offensive philosophy, make personnel decisions and stip him of his play calling duties among other things. It will be interesting to see how Willie reacts. Taggart may not be drivng his bus anymore.

Brother, this is why I faith in Harlan. Sometimes it's smarter to manage someone out versus firing them

One can only hope. 

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Just read the paper and saw a lot of quotes from Harlan about "working together" to get this turned around.  Translation - Willie is gonna get micro-managed until his eyes bleed.  Harlan may make him seriously revamp his offensive philosophy, make personnel decisions and stip him of his play calling duties among other things.  It will be interesting to see how Willie reacts.  Taggart may not be drivng his bus anymore. 

I believe Harlan said he is going to sit down with CWT next week and talk a lot of things over. So a lot can happen after they are done talking about the status of the football program. There was the same kind of sitting down with Coach Heath when Harlan got here and you know how that ended. Not saying that CWT is going to be fired, but I will not be suprised to see some changes coming with the staff. Both football are hoops are too important for USF to waste time. Not going to a bowl game for four years is not how USF wants to market thier school. And most of this is not on CWT it is on Coach Holtz. Nobody expected CWT to start winning right away when he took over this mess. I am sure CWT can sell Harlan on the idea that it will take another season when he shows how well he can recruit. I predict CWT gets at least one more season to prove his worth after the sit down talks. Only way I see CWT gone is if some legendary coach is texting, and ringing Harlan's phone off the hook begging to coach USF. Someone that would bring the excitement and selll tons of tickets right away before even coaching one down for USF.(I dont see anyone right now)

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Pretty savvy move politically for Harlan.

Now he publicly puts the pressure on Taggart to make some moves.

If Taggart doesn't like it, look for a change due to "philosophical differences" in the direction of the team.

That could lead to a negotiated buy out.

Either way, Looks like Harlan is working on righting the ship in a less financially burdensome way. One way or another it sounds like there will be changes either to the coaching staff or the way the team is run.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

I believe Harlan said he is going to sit down with CWT next week and talk a lot of things over. So a lot can happen after they are done talking about the status of the football program. There was the same kind of sitting down with Coach Heath when Harlan got here and you know how that ended. Not saying that CWT is going to be fired, but I will not be suprised to see some changes coming with the staff. Both football are hoops are too important for USF to waste time. Not going to a bowl game for four years is not how USF wants to market thier school. And most of this is not on CWT it is on Coach Holtz. Nobody expected CWT to start winning right away when he took over this mess. I am sure CWT can sell Harlan on the idea that it will take another season when he shows how well he can recruit. I predict CWT gets at least one more season to prove his worth after the sit down talks. Only way I see CWT gone is if some legendary coach is texting, and ringing Harlan's phone off the hook begging to coach USF. Someone that would bring the excitement and selll tons of tickets right away before even coaching one down for USF.(I dont see anyone right now)

I believe Judy fired Heath before Harlan got to sit down with him.

Pretty savvy move politically for Harlan.

Now he publicly puts the pressure on Taggart to make some moves.

If Taggart doesn't like it, look for a change due to "philosophical differences" in the direction of the team.

That could lead to a negotiated buy out.

Either way, Looks like Harlan is working on righting the ship in a less financially burdensome way. One way or another it sounds like there will be changes either to the coaching staff or the way the team is run.

I think this how it plays out.  Just have to give it some time.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

I think someone touched on the most important thing between Taggart and Harlan over the next few weeks.

Philosophy

We know Taggart is stubborn when it comes to philosophy but he also seems deflated too. If Harlan and Taggart can't find common ground when it comes to philosophy, this is the beginning of the end. If I'm in Taggarts shoes I'm daring the Ad to fire me at this point.

What about Doug Meachum from Tcu. I really like what they do on offense.