Taggert has 1 more year

Skingraft

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,119
  • Days Won:  14

Don't forget that the level of competition (opponents) has been decreasing over the last 3 years. There should be a couple of wins just based on that alone.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,310
  • Days Won:  8

So let me get this straight....CWT takes a team that was horrid, weak, lacking heart and using skip's team and most of his recruits goes 2-10 in his first year with a walk on QB and a QB that couldnt take a snap from center that is no longer playing football, a transfer that has never played, and a true freshmen then into his 2nd year with many of the same players from the previous coach, playing almost all of the new freshmen and redshirt freshmen he recruited just to start building for the future even though they are not ready and is 3-5 and will most likely go 4-8 or 5-7 with an outside chance of 6-6 , a 2 to 4 game increase in wins over the previous season and you all dont see progress? What did you think was gonna happen? CWT was gonna come in and magically cure all of Skip's ill doings and change a culture of laziness and losing in 1-2 years? Most of you are out of your everloving minds to expect this was gonna be a quick turn around a 1 year fix.

Pretty much this. I predicted 5-7 coming into the year but I think we end up a win short of that. Anyone expecting anything great the first two seasons was being completely unrealistic...

This is year 2.

Team has made strides from year 1 but not as much as people expected.

Yes we could have won a few more of the games this year, but then again I think we are lucky to have won any.

In 2 years name a game that we have played well on both sides of the ball and you felt good about what you saw.

Nobody is expecting great....just a team that is prepared, plays hard and is slightly competitive.

This

There's a huge difference between losing and tucking your tail.

We be tail-tuckers, and it don't sit well.

Exactly. I didn't expect us to be world beaters or even to make a bowl...but I also didn't expect us to struggle to score just 3 points at the last stretch of the season.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

So let me get this straight....CWT takes a team that was horrid, weak, lacking heart and using skip's team and most of his recruits goes 2-10 in his first year with a walk on QB and a QB that couldnt take a snap from center that is no longer playing football, a transfer that has never played, and a true freshmen then into his 2nd year with many of the same players from the previous coach, playing almost all of the new freshmen and redshirt freshmen he recruited just to start building for the future even though they are not ready and is 3-5 and will most likely go 4-8 or 5-7 with an outside chance of 6-6 , a 2 to 4 game increase in wins over the previous season and you all dont see progress?  What did you think was gonna happen?  CWT was gonna come in and magically cure all of Skip's ill doings and change a culture of laziness and losing in 1-2 years?  Most of you are out of your everloving minds to expect this was gonna be a quick turn around a 1 year fix.

Pretty much this.  I predicted 5-7 coming into the year but I think we end up a win short of that.  Anyone expecting anything great the first two seasons was being completely unrealistic... 

Yep.

But that is to be expected.We're dealing with fans, many of whom take considerable pride in viewing the world through green-n-gold colored lenses. There are those who honest-to-god believe that plugging in a new coach is all it takes, at USF, and you're miracled around in one season. 

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So let me get this straight....CWT takes a team that was horrid, weak, lacking heart and using skip's team and most of his recruits goes 2-10 in his first year with a walk on QB and a QB that couldnt take a snap from center that is no longer playing football, a transfer that has never played, and a true freshmen then into his 2nd year with many of the same players from the previous coach, playing almost all of the new freshmen and redshirt freshmen he recruited just to start building for the future even though they are not ready and is 3-5 and will most likely go 4-8 or 5-7 with an outside chance of 6-6 , a 2 to 4 game increase in wins over the previous season and you all dont see progress?  What did you think was gonna happen?  CWT was gonna come in and magically cure all of Skip's ill doings and change a culture of laziness and losing in 1-2 years?  Most of you are out of your everloving minds to expect this was gonna be a quick turn around a 1 year fix.

How can you say that CWT is starting all these freshman and sophomores he recruited that are the foundation of his new regime and declare they also need a culture change from their losing ways? Seems like the only kids on this team who ever won anything are the upperclassmen.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,674
  • Days Won:  4

I guess my question is how could USF afford that?

Skip Holtz is still getting paid $500,000 a year for 3 more years.

If you fired Taggart at the end of this season, that is $1.15 million for 3 more years. Plus on top of that, we paid Taggart's buyout of $500,000 from WKU, so that is another $100,000 we are paying a season for 3 more years.

So roughly that would be $1.75 million of dead money for 3 more years. Don't see how USF could afford to eat that. I think Taggart is going to at least get a third if not 4th season.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,580
  • Days Won:  2

If you fired Taggart at the end of this season, that is $1.15 million for 3 more years. Plus on top of that, we paid Taggart's buyout of $500,000 from WKU, so that is another $100,000 we are paying a season for 3 more years.

So roughly that would be $1.75 million of dead money for 3 more years. Don't see how USF could afford to eat that. I think Taggart is going to at least get a third if not 4th season.

If that is the case the stadium will be empty because even the doe hards on this board won't go and sit through much more of the crap

• Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  5,275
  • Days Won:  1

Can USF afford to fire Taggart after this season? Probably not. However if the stadium is empty cause the product on the field is basically unwatchable I don't see where Harlan would bring him back short of us seeing something happen where the offense starts to resemble an offense and gives us hope for next season. If we get blown out by SMU than I think Harlan might pull the trigger like the ad did at USC with Lane Kiffin just to keep the fans from not showing up against that school to the east.  

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,310
  • Days Won:  8

Not sure why we act like we can't afford this or that...none of us work with the budget. Somewhere in there there's something like $25 mil in Big East buyout money too...plus Indiana's buyout of their game...plus whatever else we don't know about.

Not saying we have the cash to fire CWT--and I'm not on that particular bus yet anyway--just pointing out none of us actually know what the books are like at USF Athletics, we're just guessing.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

If you fired Taggart at the end of this season, that is $1.15 million for 3 more years. Plus on top of that, we paid Taggart's buyout of $500,000 from WKU, so that is another $100,000 we are paying a season for 3 more years.

If that is the case the stadium will be empty because even the doe hards on this board won't go and sit through much more of the crap

Die hards will always be there ... and it took Skip 3 years to supposedly totally destruct USF football so I don't understand, other than the impatience of spoiled teenagers, why some aren't giving the one following him at least that long to get it back on its' feet.

Although, considering he wasn't Harlan's hire, I wouldn't be totally surprised if he let him go after this year, either, if we lose out ... He's really in a tough situation.

• Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  5,275
  • Days Won:  1

Not sure how concerning this is but according to joey knight some recruits are thinking about decommiting due to lack of fans at the stadium.