OCS Proponents, you have CWT in your corner now

SpeedyBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Déjà vu, (/ËŒdeɪʒɑˠˈv/) from French, literally "already seen", is the phenomenon of having the strong sensation that an event or experience currently being experienced has been experienced in the past, whether it has actually happened or not.

Admittedly it's been a while since I pulled out the dictionary for etymology and pronunciation, but how in fiery blazes to you pronounce a 13 as a "j"?

That's not a 13. It's an 'I' and a 'Ezh' which is a phonetic character to describe the pronunciation in words such as 'treaSure' and 'deiJa'

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

^^^  yep ... but I'm sure SOMEONE will:

bigstock-Magic-Ball-Outlook-Not-So-Good-

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

"Right now, USF pays more than a million dollars a season to the Tampa Sports Authority to play at Ray Jay. And under the Glazers' stadium deal, most of the profits from concession and parking at USF games goes to the Bucs".  Bucs should be embarrassed, They don't own the stadium it belongs to the People of Hillsborough County. They also donated/ funded the Tulane stadium that just opened this year.  (Make money off the backs of people in Tampa only to turn around and donate to New Orleans).  Bucs should be ashamed.

"Students we talked to say they'd be willing to pay extra for a stadium on campus".  so based on the latest WSJ report our 60% decrease in students at the game WILL make a Huge dent in paying for an OCS.  NOT!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Without donations, an OCS would probably cost us over $10,000,000 per year (S1.4M to $1.7M per game) in debt service only, not counting the cost to operate it.  We would need serious donations to offset the costs.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Déjà vu, (/ËŒdeɪʒɑˠˈv/) from French, literally "already seen", is the phenomenon of having the strong sensation that an event or experience currently being experienced has been experienced in the past, whether it has actually happened or not.

Admittedly it's been a while since I pulled out the dictionary for etymology and pronunciation, but how in fiery blazes to you pronounce a 13 as a "j"?

That's not a 13. It's an 'I' and a 'Ezh' which is a phonetic character to describe the pronunciation in words such as 'treaSure' and 'deiJa'

Was joking about a literal number 13...just looked funny and I've never seen the character before.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

phonemicchart.jpg

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

trì deug

Scottish Gaelic... :huh: 

Guess I should have read more before showing what I don't know...

Edited by BDYZR

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,558
  • Days Won:  19

If we were 2 - 0 instead of 1 - 1...

Then maybe, I would listen to this OCS talk...

Not going to happen. The opportunity to build an OCS has passed. 

Bring it up again -- in 5 years. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,715
  • Days Won:  53

Let's bring it up all the time. OCS!