Aaron Lynch drafted in 5th round by SF

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I agree. There are "some liability issues" or implications. There are no damages though.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Watching Straub tweet over the year I can tell he wears his heart on his sleeve.  Obviously there is some bad blood there, "integrity and character" doesn't equate to calling someone a liar or druggie mind you.  His comments are borderline though and for that reason it's time for Willie to put him on a short leash but not to fire him.  If Straub wants to leave this might be a good time to have the conversation though.

Well there is the fact that AL complained pubicly about the food which is part of straub' s purvey. This all after he left ND to come home to his sweetness. Add on top of that he was taking Adderal which ACTUALLY kept him from gaining weight. I'm backing Straub pretty far on this one.

That being said, you have to remember who the boss is

Edited by Gagged

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

...When we get to a point that telling the truth isn't the right thing to do we've gone down the wrong path as a society.

Not to derail, but I'm pretty sure we passed that marker a long time ago.

If this gets Hans fired then IMO it says alot about CWT and none of it would be good. When we get to a point that telling the truth isn't the right thing to do we've gone down the wrong path as a society.

There are plenty of times that telling the truth is exactly NOT the right thing to do .... and, as mentioned, especially if you weren't even asked. 

I've told the truth when not asked. 

Ever witness something illegal or inappropriate?  Sometimes it's hard to stand by when the truth is known.  There shouldn't be a prerequisite of being asked to reveal the truth, else we set justice and honesty back.

Certainly with all speech, there is personal responsibility.

Self-imposed:

:backtotopic:

I don't condone the tweet necessarily.  But I'm also not going to get all dramatic over it.  Big deal.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Watching Straub tweet over the year I can tell he wears his heart on his sleeve. Obviously there is some bad blood there, "integrity and character" doesn't equate to calling someone a liar or druggie mind you. His comments are borderline though and for that reason it's time for Willie to put him on a short leash but not to fire him. If Straub wants to leave this might be a good time to have the conversation though.

Well there is the fact that AL complained pubicly about the food which is part of straub' s purvey. This all after he left ND to come home to his sweetness. Add on top of that he was taking Adderal which ACTUALLY kept him from gaining weight. I'm backing Straub pretty far on this one.

That being said, you have to remember who the boss is

I believed he said 'he wasn't a fan of usf's meal plan'.

Which inferences negative but has no obvious negative connotation. He could have blamed himself but that almost never helps in sports or politics.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

If this gets Hans fired then IMO it says alot about CWT and none of it would be good. When we get to a point that telling the truth isn't the right thing to do we've gone down the wrong path as a society.

There are plenty of times that telling the truth is exactly NOT the right thing to do .... and, as mentioned, especially if you weren't even asked. 

I've told the truth when not asked. 

Ever witness something illegal or inappropriate?  Sometimes it's hard to stand by when the truth is known.  There shouldn't be a prerequisite of being asked to reveal the truth, else we set justice and honesty back.

Self-imposed:

:backtotopic:

I don't condone the tweet necessarily.  But I'm also not going to get all dramatic over it.  Big deal.

Not to take this further OT than it is, but what I was referring to has nothing with something illegal or inappropriate. It was more along the lines of truthful unasked for comments and asked for comments along the lines of "Does this dress make me look fat?"  There are times the truth is not needed .... or wanted.  B)

Hence we've passed the point where telling the truth is no longer the thing to do.

As a youth basketball coach, I give unasked for, truthful comments all the time.  It's part of being a coach.

Let's give Aaron a big hug and wish him well.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Hence we've passed the point where telling the truth is no longer the thing to do.

Let's give Aaron a big hug and wish him well.

If that was in response to my post, think you missed my point ... 

Just tying it back to the original comment about truth.

If not asked, don't say.  Right?

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

All this talk of societal decline is laughable as usual - does anyone here seriously believe not talking trash about someone (unprompted no less!) is the harbinger of the loss of the gold old days!? In the good old days wasn't the rule if you can't say soemthing nice, don't say anything at all?

Don't any of you know an unmitigated ******* who uses the cop out "people don't like me because I'm honest!"? No - people don't like that guy because he's a tactless ******* who doesn't know when to shut his mouth. If you don't know that guy, it might be you...