• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

******** about a college kid in a public forum when no one asked for your opinion doesn't exactly scream "integrity and character" either.

I missed the part where this was about a kid.... Lynch is a grown man.

He's what 22?

I underachieved like hell in college too. Not athletically, but I had a high academic ceiling. But I cared more about booze and boobs and coasted to a 3.4. I could've achieved more and accomplished more. And I got paid to go to USF about 4k a year on top of tuition with my scholarships.

Obviously it's quite different in no one really cared about how much I achieved aside from my family.

My point is that a lot of us "grown men" did the same type stuff in college I'm sure. You live and you learn. If he's learned then he will have a successful career. If not, then he's not smart enough to succeed no matter how talented he is.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

J, do you need leadership lessons?

No better indicator of future performance than past behaviors. Leadership lesson #1. Not rocket science.

Like I said, I guess we can expect more of this out of Straub.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

His statement might be true, but the coaches should act like adults - even if Lynch were a ***** to them while he was in school.

I am in disbelief that anyone could think that a coach taking a pot shot at a player on draft day is a good thing.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

His statement might be true, but the coaches should act like adults - even if Lynch were a ***** to them while he was in school.

I am in disbelief that anyone could think that a coach taking a pot shot at a player on draft day is a good thing.

+1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Saw someone saying something about "telling the truth about a player ..."

I'm all for it ... When they are asked for their opinion.

Pretty sure Straub wasn't asked for his. This Tweet should have never happened.

As for discipline, agree it should be a slap on the wrist.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

If this gets Hans fired then IMO it says alot about CWT and none of it would be good. When we get to a point that telling the truth isn't the right thing to do we've gone down the wrong path as a society.

There are plenty of times that telling the truth is exactly NOT the right thing to do .... and, as mentioned, especially if you weren't even asked. 

And unless the majority of players still here felt the same way about Lynch, there could be other ramifications if they were made aware of it ....

Oh, yeah, another shining example ....Twitter is the DEVIL!!!     :icon_deadhorse:

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I'm more concerned about Taggart vouching for Lynch who did nothing here and took verbal potshots at the program. That makes me seriously question Taggart's judgement and his relationship with Harbaugh.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

And the thread becomes retarded. To be honest this thread was doomed from the onset. Congrats Lynch on being drafted. At least I'm fairly certain Lynch won't become a felon.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

He made a mistake, but this should not cost him his job. Obviously Lynch rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, but we all have lapse in judgements. Our society has become way to PC, but just another example of why I don't have twitter; lord knows the dumb things I would have said

PC? This isn't PC, this is a job description issue. With some liability issues thrown in too.

"liability issues"?

Really?

Hans probably didn't use sound judgement when he tweeted that remark, but Lynch had been bad mouthing USF in subtly and often times no so subtly since he declared for the draft. Most of the times he was taking shots about strength and conditioning and it turns out that has lack of weight gain had nothing to do with Hans's staff but the drugs he was taking that are somehow considered illegal in the NFL but permissible in college. Lynch was essentially taking a shot at Hans's livelihood and reputation. Again, I am glad that he took it down but let's not turn Lynch into a victim.