Aaron Lynch drafted in 5th round by SF

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Watching Straub tweet over the year I can tell he wears his heart on his sleeve.  Obviously there is some bad blood there, "integrity and character" doesn't equate to calling someone a liar or druggie mind you.  His comments are borderline though and for that reason it's time for Willie to put him on a short leash but not to fire him.  If Straub wants to leave this might be a good time to have the conversation though.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

If this gets Hans fired then IMO it says alot about CWT and none of it would be good. When we get to a point that telling the truth isn't the right thing to do we've gone down the wrong path as a society.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

And if a team member of your past employer did this as you were leaving to go to a new organization it would mean ....?

Sour Grapes?, They are right but they are dicks?, They are right but unprofessional?,  They are slanderous?

No good can come from it, should have known his place.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Here, here Southshore! If indeed the tweet was about Lynch then I applaud Hans for his "integrity and character" and pointing out (in his opinion) issues with a player. There is no better indicator of future performance than past behaviors.

Sports is not different than any other business. When someone applies for a job you vet them (background check, social media, speaking to people in the industry that know them and their work performance, etc.). It happens in every business and to everyone on this board that works. It's been done to you and you do it to peoples.

Go Hans and Go Bulls!

No one asked his opinion, it wasn't his place to try to rain on a former player's, and now Ambassador to our program, parade.

To me it speaks volumes that he was drafted by San Francisco. Because he clearly wasn't that bad if Willie recommended him.

Sounds like it may of been a personal beef between the two. No place to air dirty laundry like that. Especially not at that moment. He was the one being paid to work here, not Lynch. He should be more mature than that.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Knowing when NOT to speak is often more important than knowing when TO speak.

One of the cardinal rules of management is to praise in public, ciriticise in private.

Learning to hold your tongue is an important part of learning to work with and through others.

And you only criticise in order to increase future performance. This was Hans feeling mean and spiteful, and venting about someone he disliked. Shows an unadmirable lack of self-control. Not something you want as part of your management team.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

******** about a college kid in a public forum when no one asked for your opinion doesn't exactly scream "integrity and character" either.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm unsure when it became "unprofessional" to discuss performance, good or bad.  I would argue the opposite side that it's "unprofessional" if you do not.  I've worked with plenty of people I didn't like.  How I feel about them personally has nothing to do with their performance. 

Hans would know if the kid was doing what he needed to in the classroom as a student athlete.

Hans would know if the kid was doing what he needed to do to become ready to play on Saturday.  There is lots to do weekly to prepare for three hours on Saturday.

I'm not sure it's a big company secret that the kid loafed his way thru school and in prep for games.  Why would he flip a switch and all the sudden become this great NFL employee.  My hope is he does. 

No better indicator of future performance than past behavior. 

And if it's Hans' business to criticise said player, in order to make said player perform better, then yes, he should speak up. But in private, not in a public forum like Twitter. And especially not as a parting shot, said to someone's backside as they're going out the door.

Hans was just being spiteful and immature.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm unsure when it became "unprofessional" to discuss performance, good or bad. I would argue the opposite side that it's "unprofessional" if you do not. I've worked with plenty of people I didn't like. How I feel about them personally has nothing to do with their performance.

Hans would know if the kid was doing what he needed to in the classroom as a student athlete.

Hans would know if the kid was doing what he needed to do to become ready to play on Saturday. There is lots to do weekly to prepare for three hours on Saturday.

I'm not sure it's a big company secret that the kid loafed his way thru school and in prep for games. Why would he flip a switch and all the sudden become this great NFL employee. My hope is he does.

No better indicator of future performance than past behavior.

Hans was just being spiteful and immature.

No better indicator of future performance than past behavior?

******** about a college kid in a public forum when no one asked for your opinion doesn't exactly scream "integrity and character" either.

I missed the part where this was about a kid.... Lynch is a grown man.

Here, here Southshore! If indeed the tweet was about Lynch then I applaud Hans for his "integrity and character" and pointing out (in his opinion) issues with a player. There is no better indicator of future performance than past behaviors.

Sports is not different than any other business. When someone applies for a job you vet them (background check, social media, speaking to people in the industry that know them and their work performance, etc.). It happens in every business and to everyone on this board that works. It's been done to you and you do it to peoples.

Go Hans and Go Bulls!

No one asked his opinion, it wasn't his place to try to rain on a former player's, and now Ambassador to our program, parade.

To me it speaks volumes that he was drafted by San Francisco. Because he clearly wasn't that bad if Willie recommended him.

Sounds like it may of been a personal beef between the two. No place to air dirty laundry like that. Especially not at that moment. He was the one being paid to work here, not Lynch. He should be more mature than that.

The fact that Lynch is referred to as an ambassador of USF in anyway is embarrassing.

• Upvote 1