Dave Rice

NCBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm not sure what I'm less excited about, Rice saying yes to the job or no. Either we get publicly embarrassed or he's our next coach.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Days Won:  5

The dude got 70 wins in 3 seasons, sounds like an upgrade to me!

I know unlv has a top 50 espn recruit (sg) who committed but didn't sign yet, wonder if he follows his coach!

Thx

jonpfl

He's not staying and will re-open his commitment. Not sure he follows Rice here but Morgan was heavy recruited by USF and if I'm no mistaken he did visit the campus. Should be somewhere in the recruiting thread if anyone wants to look it up. Back to work for me.

Dwayne Morgan is a talented wing forward and, at 6-7, has good size for his position, yet he's barely taller than his own mother. Tabitha Chambers competed for Clemson's hoops squad in the 1990s, a 6-6 center who averaged a double-double in her own prep career.

While her son doesn't possess equivalent center size, he's never needed it. Morgan always has been an impressive athlete and wing scorer who over the years has continued to make gains.

South Florida offered a scholarship early, and his first wave of suitors included Texas, North Carolina, Maryland, N.C. State — and UNLV.

If Rice accepts the South Florida job, there would be big recruiting implications as a result. The Runnin’ Rebels currently have a 3-man Class of 2014 consisting of 5-star small forward Dwayne Morgan, 5-star shooting guard Rashad Vaughn and 4-star big man Goodluck Okonoboh.

Sources told SNY.tv on Friday afternoon that if Rice does indeed bolt Las Vegas for Tampa, Morgan would ask for his release and try to re-open his recruitment. Vaughn offered up a verbal to Rice in February and therefor is free to look for another school.

Edited by bcgruber

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,595
  • Days Won:  3

If he keeps coach rocc, i'll be pleased with this hire.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315

I think this would be a good choice for USF.   He has experience coaching at a college with extremely high expectations.  The fans have turned on him for ONLY going 20-13 this year, even though he was going to bring a recruiting class in that consisted of 2 5-Stars and 1 4-Star.   The Mountain West is a very competitive conference as well.  I don't think the jump in competition from Mountain West to AAC is huge by any means.   It's a jump, but a much easier adjustment then coming from the MAAC.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

I think this would be a good choice for USF.   He has experience coaching at a college with extremely high expectations.  The fans have turned on him for ONLY going 20-13 this year, even though he was going to bring a recruiting class in that consisted of 2 5-Stars and 1 4-Star.   The Mountain West is a very competitive conference as well.  I don't think the jump in competition from Mountain West to AAC is huge by any means.   It's a jump, but a much easier adjustment then coming from the MAAC.

+1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

They averaged just 71 points a game this season. Seems more like Walkin Rebels than Runnin.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  123
  • Days Won:  0

They averaged just 71 points a game this season. Seems more like Walkin Rebels than Runnin.

Only one stat matters in basketball and he has 70 of those in 3 years!

Thx

jonpfl

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  1,174

Don't know about this one.. Rice inherited a winning team at UNLV and his record has gotten worse each year there.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645

Random guy says we're offering 1.4 mil now

USF offering 1.4 per year now.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761

Sarcasm?