Dave Rice

NCBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

who?

not a household name

Would you be happier if his name was Maytag?

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I would never make a huge, life changing decision, like that, without stepping back on a night's sleep to think about everything.

Only someone that is desparate or a fool would do so.

Also says something about his integrity that he is giving his current employer the last look.

Giving your employer the chance to fork over more cash isn't integrity, it's good business.

EXACTLY!!!!! A lot of employees think they should not shop around for a better deal but I say that they should. The employer can just lay people off and fire people for a better deal, so why cant the employees do the same thing? I have no problem with employees trying to better themselves and their families.

You know, I was going to check with you to see if you were alright with it.  Thanks for getting ahead of my query.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

UNLV fan here. If you want some insight from the other side of the fence, here is a link to the MWC message board:

http://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?showtopic=53232

Sounds like the majority of the vocal minority would be happy to see Rice leave.  Interesting.

I would never make a huge, life changing decision, like that, without stepping back on a night's sleep to think about everything.

Also says something about his integrity that he is giving his current employer the last look.

Giving your employer the chance to fork over more cash isn't integrity, it's good business.

I'm good with that...the integrity & respect means shutting your pie hole, publicly, while you play both sides privately for 24-48 hours.  THAT...is not too much to ask.  Leaking is ******, and isn't good for USF in any regard, and isn't necessary for Rice (he can show UNLV any written offer, of tell them of a verbal contingent offer...or bluff 'em).

The public crap is what's really painful.  But some people can't shut up, and respect the integrity of the process.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Here's some dude w/ "sources" about UNLV giving Rice a counter-offer.

@Butta1231: @AlBernstein my sources say he got an extension with built in additions to bball budget, more charter flights and facility improvements

@Butta1231: @AlBernstein this guy is almost never wrong on rebel stuff, says he used to hoop with you at LVAC

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,315
  • Days Won:  8

I'm good with that...the integrity & respect means shutting your pie hole, publicly, while you play both sides privately for 24-48 hours. THAT...is not too much to ask. Leaking is ******, and isn't good for USF in any regard, and isn't necessary for Rice (he can show UNLV any written offer, of tell them of a verbal contingent offer...or bluff 'em).

The public crap is what's really painful. But some people can't shut up, and respect the integrity of the process.

I hear you...but I'm just not sure how much integrity is inherent in us trying to steal a coach away from someone else for more money, and them him playing that offer up for more money and/or incentive back there.. It may be the accepted norm, but that doesn't mean it has integrity...

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Days Won:  5

My hope is UNLV is calling Reggie Theus to see if he will take the job.  Then Rice comes to Tampa after all, and this crazy ride will be over.  If not, our next coach will be a nobody and usf basketball will be meaningless for another 3-4 years

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Posted this on the Rocc thread, but it's appropriate here as well... :(

So what you're saying is?

We think we deserve to dance with all the hot chicks in the bar, but only the fat ugly chicks want to dance with us?

If the hot chicks just use us to make their boyfriends jealous, do we stop going after hot chicks and stick with the ugly chicks we know?

Are we really the hot dude we think we are, or are we just another ugly dude being laughed at by all the hot chicks and dudes behind our backs?

I'm good with that...the integrity & respect means shutting your pie hole, publicly, while you play both sides privately for 24-48 hours. THAT...is not too much to ask. Leaking is ******, and isn't good for USF in any regard, and isn't necessary for Rice (he can show UNLV any written offer, of tell them of a verbal contingent offer...or bluff 'em).

The public crap is what's really painful. But some people can't shut up, and respect the integrity of the process.

I hear you...but I'm just not sure how much integrity is inherent in us trying to steal a coach away from someone else for more money, and them him playing that offer up for more money and/or incentive back there.. It may be the accepted norm, but that doesn't mean it has integrity...

I don't think anyone is "stealing" a coach.  Offering promotions is the capitalist way.  Again, I'm great with us making the offer, and UNLV being able to give it's best offer (which could be more money, longer contract, etc...or simply, "we have a contract, we're not moving").  My only gripe is the public aspect of it all.  Don't think it's good for USF or UNLV...but I can understand Rice wanting it public, so he can max his leverage by putting pressure on UNLV, and its fans & boosters.

My guess is he's staying at UNLV, and his situation got a LOT better because of USF.  I never had him on my radar, so I don't really care if he's off it already.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

My hope is UNLV is calling Reggie Theus to see if he will take the job.  Then Rice comes to Tampa after all, and this crazy ride will be over.  If not, our next coach will be a nobody and usf basketball will be meaningless for another 3-4 years

A "name" doesn't guarantee success and a nobody doesn't guarantee meaningless. No matter who the hire is, the jury will be out for at least a year .... except for the kangaroo court members in here who will ***** and moan incessantly because we didn't hire one of their choices.