Dave Rice

NCBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Isn't this what Leavitt did when Alabama offered him the job? Used it for a higher salary, but the primary motive was an increased salary pool for assistants and bigger commitment to upgrade facilities.

It is the way the game is played in the big league boys.

Not really sure how you blame Harlan if the guy turns us down. I mean almost doubling a $700k salary, good facilities. Good BB conference and it was publicly known the guy was unhappy at UNLV.

• Topic Count:  177
  • Content Count:  8,728
  • Days Won:  28

Why did we pay the search firm 60K?  I thought they were to provide anonymity, so we wouldn't end up with egg on our face if someone turned us down.  This coaching search will go down as one of the worst ever.

Great first week Harlan!

Cue the circus music....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The search firm can't keep the candidates from making statements.

Why did we pay the search firm 60K? I thought they were to provide anonymity, so we wouldn't end up with egg on our face if someone turned us down. This coaching search will go down as one of the worst ever.

Great first week Harlan!

Cue the circus music....

Not really sure what you want them to do. No one from USF's side has said a word about any of the coaching candidates at any stage except the press release addressing Massiello.

The only reason the public heard about Massiello is Pitino shot his mouth off about Massiello coming to him for advice.

We know about Rice because the UNLV AD is mouthing off about the fact that she has to resolve her situation because has an offer.

No one knew about Rice until that point. You can't keep it much more secret than that. Not the search firm's fault if the UNLV AD does all her business in public.

Edited by usfgrad84

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

I applaud Rice for doing a smart thing in using leaverage.  Congrats to him as he better himself to a better contract. I love it!!!! 

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

I think that EVERY available and/or interested coach knows what the contract is. I don't see the need to go home and think. I do and can see a coach that's comfortable in his current position giving his current school an opportunity to get in on the bidding.

I would never make a huge, life changing decision, like that, without stepping back on a night's sleep to think about everything.

Only someone that is desparate or a fool would do so.

Also says something about his integrity that he is giving his current employer the last look.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I would never make a huge, life changing decision, like that, without stepping back on a night's sleep to think about everything.

Also says something about his integrity that he is giving his current employer the last look.

Giving your employer the chance to fork over more cash isn't integrity, it's good business.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Giving your employer the chance to fork over more cash isn't integrity, it's good business.

EXACTLY!!!!! A lot of employees think they should not shop around for a better deal but I say that they should. The employer can just lay people off and fire people for a better deal, so why cant the employees do the same thing? I have no problem with employees trying to better themselves and their families.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

who?

not  a household  name