Dave Rice

NCBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,310
  • Days Won:  8

Has anybody checked to see who he is following or no longer following on twitter?

This is absolutely critical get on it people

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

Dwayne Morgan â€@_theREALdeal15 2h

@Dwayne_Wise yo fam back to the drawing board .

This is a good sign guys.   If the Bulls get Dave Rice and he brings that Top 10 recruiting class with him then this has the potential to be a great hire.   From what I hear his X's and O's are not the best but I would rather have a guy (Rice) pulling in top 10 recruiting classes, with only 3 years head coaching experience, that needs to work on his X's and O's, then a guy (Heath), pulling in top 75 recruiting classes, that still struggles with his X's and O's after 13 years of being a head coach.

At least get your facts straight if you're going to slam him ... 

How is it slamming him.    Our class last year was #22 with a four star and 3 three stars.   His normal class is about 2-3 three stars and has been ranking anywhere from 50th to 75th.   I don't think Heath was an awful recruiter by any means but I also don't think he was ever hitting any home runs either, which we see on the floor year in and year out.

By normal class, you mean the classes he was recruiting before the Muma Center ... ?

Look, I really can't defend the records the last 2 years, even though there were some extenuating circumstances. The records are what they are. My only point is that CSH showed what he could do here in 09/10 and 11/12 when he had the right players, talent/experience wise and I thought he should have had one more year to work with ...

Heath has been coaching big time basketball at Arkansas and USF for 12 years which is a large enough body of work to really judge Heath as a coach.  At his worst his teams win 9 games.   At his best his teams win 22.  He also tends to have a pattern of having one really bad year, followed by a decent year.   We could have kept Heath another year but in the whole scheme of things I don't think it would have made any difference.   I think the nail in his coffin was the fact that the 2013-2014 AAC was much weaker then the 2012-2013 Big East, and we still came in last place.    Personally I don't have anything against Heath.  I think he did an average job at a school that was placed in the best conference in CBB and had no basketball history.   He was never going to be able to take us to the next level though.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Has anybody checked to see who he is following or no longer following on twitter?

I see what you did there lol

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315

Worst. Search. Ever.

Agreed.  USF athletics has become a sad state of affairs.

Truly depressing

Yeah, offering a guy with 70 wins, 2 NCAA appearances, and 5 5-star recruits in 3 years. Such a joke...

I'm with you.    This guy would be a freaking Home Run.   All of the UNLV fans are crying and whining because the guy only went 20-13 last year, which by the way was a season after he just lost Bennett as the #1 pick in the NBA draft.  That's the kind of fanbase that has no idea what it has until it is gone. 

I don't know about everyone else but I would like to have 20-13 be a ****** year, and have a guy that we can tout as the #1 pick in the NBA draft.   Just sayin.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Oh what a circus, what a show!

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,310
  • Days Won:  8

Oh what a circus, what a show!

Grab some bread and have a seat at the Colosseum

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791

UNLV has an interim/temporary president now too and they are presently searching for a new president.  Might not be anyone at UNLV who'll want to give a bunch more money to a coach during this transition period at the school.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Days Won:  14

Hope we get him. Haven't seen his name before today. Tourney 2/3 yrs, 20+ wins this year. Seems passionate. Good choice.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Only one I kind of recognized was @BillReef ...

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594

Only one I kind of recognized was @BillReef ...
Between this and the pic of the bread, the Tripster is making a late run for winning the internets for today Edited by feardabull