Would firing Heath be another classic USF mistake?

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Joe, the VooDoo5 stat about close games with and without Collins is quite glaring.

In games decided by 5 points or less we are 5-0 with Collins and 1-8 without him.

Even if you half those 8 losses to wins (we likely would have won more than that had he played) then we're talking about being an NIT team, which many thought we would accomplish this season.

Wagers, if we made the NIT next season, then I do not think that would warrant an extension. Doesn't Stan still have 4 years left?

We lost to Detroit with Collins. The end.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Wouldn't the classic us mistake be allowing a coach to remain mired in mediocrity for years on end when a decision should have been made earlier?

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Most professions ,job security, raises and contract extensions are based on several factors like performance, productivity, wins and losses, outcomes , ect...  

Stan has a losing record at USF 97 Wins and 128 losses in 7 seasons.  1 NCAA tourney appearance.

One could argue that not having Collins hurt us this season, but even if Collins played and we won EVERY game we played this year, Stan would still have a losing record overall with 1 NCAA tourney appearance.

USF invested millions of dollars( 35 Million on  the Sun dome and practice facility),Millions on his salary and asst coaching salaries,  He has had what many would say the best recruiting classes ever at USF and hasn't produced. The hype of the New Renovated Dome was wiped out opening day when Stan lost to UCif and  The team hasn't produced since.

Stan should feel fortunate that he has had Doug as his boss and got the extension and raise based on his performance.

The "give him 1 more yea"r crap  is old. One more year and we could be worse, (yes in theory we could be better) but its a crap shoot at this point. Nothing based on his 7 YEARS here at USF shows that improvement is likely. If we use his history or performance over the last 7 years, Next year should be worse.

He should be fired tonight, following the loss to Rutgers, (3rd of the year) (Rutgers had 1 road win this year I believe) made to find his own way back to Tampa. Doug should have his belongings packed up and sent to him by Fed EX(Since his last loss was at Fed ex arena).  He should be happy to sit home and collect millions for being told to stay away.

In my profession or many others if I had results like Stan I would be fired, sued ect... Imagine if Stan were a Surgeon and only 97 of his surgeries were successful out of 225?  You think my employer or patients would be saying give me another year?  Yes Coaching and the medical field are different but Stan's performance is based on Wins and losses and he isn't producing.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Most professions ,job security, raises and contract extensions are based on several factors like performance, productivity, wins and losses, outcomes , ect...  

Stan has a losing record at USF 97 Wins and 128 losses in 7 seasons.  1 NCAA tourney appearance.

One could argue that not having Collins hurt us this season, but even if Collins played and we won EVERY game we played this year, Stan would still have a losing record overall with 1 NCAA tourney appearance.

USF invested millions of dollars( 35 Million on  the Sun dome and practice facility),Millions on his salary and asst coaching salaries,  He has had what many would say the best recruiting classes ever at USF and hasn't produced. The hype of the New Renovated Dome was wiped out opening day when Stan lost to UCif and  The team hasn't produced since.

Stan should feel fortunate that he has had Doug as his boss and got the extension and raise based on his performance.

The "give him 1 more yea"r crap  is old. One more year and we could be worse, (yes in theory we could be better) but its a crap shoot at this point. Nothing based on his 7 YEARS here at USF shows that improvement is likely. If we use his history or performance over the last 7 years, Next year should be worse.

He should be fired tonight, following the loss to Rutgers, (3rd of the year) (Rutgers had 1 road win this year I believe) made to find his own way back to Tampa. Doug should have his belongings packed up and sent to him by Fed EX(Since his last loss was at Fed ex arena).  He should be happy to sit home and collect millions for being told to stay away.

In my profession or many others if I had results like Stan I would be fired, sued ect... Imagine if Stan were a Surgeon and only 97 of his surgeries were successful out of 225?  You think my employer or patients would be saying give me another year?  Yes Coaching and the medical field are different but Stan's performance is based on Wins and losses and he isn't producing.

Great post.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Reading into what Greenshaft had to say about the men basketball team, Heath is done at USF and has been before Harlan came on board.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Reading into what Greenshaft had to say about the men basketball team, Heath is done at USF and has been before Harlan came on board.

What did she say?

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

What did she say?

http://www.usforacle.com/mark-harlan-named-new-ad-hints-at-challenges-ahead-1.2859985?pagereq=1

Read the 2nd page. I also listed the comments in the gamethread too.

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The stats don't lie. Heath has the most losses of any coach in conference history and the worst conference tourney record EVER.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,156
  • Days Won:  109

The stats don't lie. Heath has the most losses of any coach in conference history and the worst conference tourney record EVER.

The conference is only 1 year old.  :P

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The conference is only 1 year old.  :P

Heath apologizer!