I can't believe this class

cmhatter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Flowers athleticism will be more important in the Russell Wilson mold than the Kapernick mold. Extending plays, scrambling when nothing is there, designed bootlegs, and occasionally some read option tied in. The athleticism that allowed BJ to mask very bad pass protection and turn plays with no open receivers into first down rushesyis what flowers brings to the table.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I'm really excited about the quality of the players we got, but I'm even more impressed at their size. Finally getting kids with football size and bodies ready to compete as freshmen instead of having to bulk up for 1-2 years.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'm really excited about the quality of the players we got, but I'm even more impressed at their size. Finally getting kids with football size and bodies ready to compete as freshmen instead of having to bulk up for 1-2 years.

And our S&C program hasn't been good since Ronnie McKeefery was at the helm. I'm hoping Hans Straub is able to surpass what McKeefery brought to our student athletes in terms of conditioning.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Not to take away anything from the class, but a big reason why were are ranked so low is because of the amount of recruits we have. Here are the averages:

USF - 2.89

UL - 2.82

Cincinnati - 2.65

UCF - 2.61

Rutgers - 2.6

Temple - 2.52

Tulane - 2.23

Memphis - 2.2

UConn - 2.2

Tulsa - 2.18

ECU - 2.12

SMU - 2.1

UH - 2.08

Navy - 2

If you resort the list by average, you will find little difference in the rankings. USF drops to 41, still the best in the AAC and of all non-P5 schools. UCF does become the second best in the ACC and non-P5s, but are still ranked at 61, 20 places behind USF.

We are dealing with a value range between 3.92 and 2. Consider the difference between #1 Alabama (3.92) and #41 USF (2.89), 1.03. The difference between USF and UCF is 0.28. That is over 33% of the gap between #1 nnd #41. I guess it comes down to perception and whether you think the glass is half full or half empty. In my eyes, that 0.28 is significant. In the rankings, sorted by average, 20 places significant.

Am I overly excited? No, but, for once, I got some good news. Just enjoying it. banana.gif

Now, I've wasted wayyy too much time on this. :D

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

FWIW its speculated USF will be looking at picking up a transfer or two to fill that QB gap and such.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

FWIW its speculated USF will be looking at picking up a transfer or two to fill that QB gap and such.

Your speculations?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Your speculations?

I've heard the same

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Your speculations?

I've heard the same

I've speculated similarly

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Your speculations?

I've heard the same

Even when I'm not speculating it's widely suspected that I have been speculating.

At least that's what I speculate.

I think we definitely have some late signings/transfers in the works. I would expect movement in the area of large ugly persons.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Your speculations?
I've heard the same

Even when I'm not speculating it's widely suspected that I have been speculating.

At least that's what I speculate.

I think we definitely have some late signings/transfers in the works. I would expect movement in the area of large ugly persons.

I've heard the same... Meow