OCS Article

TallyBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,144
  • Days Won:  109

So just saw this article.  http://msn.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/syracuse-university-wants-retractable-roof-stadium-to-replace-carrier-dome-012514

Maybe they can ship the Carrier Dome down via google drones and drop it on our campus.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,649
  • Days Won:  51

I am all for an OCS!!!! To hell with calling RJS USF's home!! 2007 was too long ago. Will not get to that level at RJS. Just the way it is. USF needs a new shot in the arm and an OCS is what can do that.

The wife and I make it down usually every season to at least one or 2 home games. We get a hotel downtown, go to the game, and fly out the next morning. Don't ever make it back to campus. That is the shame. Don't get to see all the great things happening on campus. Having an OCS would do so much more to getting alumni more involved with the school instead of just the football program. This will continue to be the case for more and more people.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

Seems like flying from ATL (Atlanta?) is a short hop on Saturday. Assuming the game is at seven that evening, surely there's sufficient time in the day to get the hotel, eat lunch and take a drive over to the campus, right? Or if one were to fly out on Sunday afternoon, there is some time Sunday morning. It's not that much of a drive from anywhere hotel-wise in Tampa to the campus. Besides, on weekends, the campus is somewhat less busy with traffic. Perhaps not the case if you're arriving just a few hours before the game and buzzing out at the crack of dawn on Sunday. 

The thing about the OCS and alumni is that "getting back on campus" is a tough sell. Kind of like the renovated Sun Dome or new baseball stadium. I might go there once to check out the new digs, but ultimately - and thereafter - I'm there for the game, as I would be if the dome were located somewhere other than Fowler avenue. Gotta remember, most of the alumni attending games are pretty much local as is. Drive to Dale Mabry, drive to Fowler avenue...six of one, half a dozen of the other.  

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

OCS might be the key to a Big 5. Actually the Big 12. That's the most realistic. I know that the Big 12 has reached out to several schools, including UCF and USF to discuss their criteria for membership. Maybe an OCS is something that the Big 12 prefers, thus why that would be a priority.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  52

I don't know if you are ever going to get that 2007 WVU atmosphere again considering our conference opponents who are forced to come here are Tulane-like.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

That I find myself agreeing with you more these days is beginning to really creep me out ...

It shouldn't.  I'm one of the few rational people on this board.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

OCS might be the key to a Big 5. Actually the Big 12. That's the most realistic. I know that the Big 12 has reached out to several schools, including UCF and USF to discuss their criteria for membership. Maybe an OCS is something that the Big 12 prefers, thus why that would be a priority.

Well said!!! I believe it would reallly help. Anyone that thinks the OCS for UCF has been a bad thing is just in denial. The OCS was a great investment decision by UCF and I applaud them for it. 

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Well said!!! I believe it would reallly help. Anyone that thinks the OCS for UCF has been a bad thing is just in denial. The OCS was a great investment decision by UCF and I applaud them for it. 

Have you been to the Citrus Bowl lately?  Comparing the Citrus Bowl to RayJay is like comparing a 1972 Pinto to a 2013 Lamborghini.  Citrus Bowl is horrible, parking is possibly worse than parking on UCF campus, and Citrus Bowl is much more difficult to get to from UCF campus than RayJay is.

Whether it was a good decision for UCF or not has no bearing on USF.

Every situation is different.  USF needs lots of things, like an indoor practice facility, a lot more than USF "needs" an OCS.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Have you been to the Citrus Bowl lately?  Comparing the Citrus Bowl to RayJay is like comparing a 1972 Pinto to a 2013 Lamborghini.  Citrus Bowl is horrible, parking is possibly worse than parking on UCF campus, and Citrus Bowl is much more difficult to get to from UCF campus than RayJay is.

Whether it was a good decision for UCF or not has no bearing on USF.

Every situation is different.  USF needs lots of things, like an indoor practice facility, a lot more than USF "needs" an OCS.

I am just thinking ahead of what USF will need in the future. The indoorr practice faciility is next. Then focus on OCS. I believe UCF had a beter deal with the Citrus Bowl than USF has with RJS. Also, I see that Tulane is getting out of the Superdome next season. Houston didnt want to enter a long term agreement with Reliant Stadium. Also see that FAU got out of Joe Robbie Stadium. UNCC is getting out of the Panters NFL stadium to build their OCS. So yes, every stadium situation is different. Just hope USF situation will be getting out of RJS and adding OCS. That would be a good situation. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,144
  • Days Won:  109

Okay, serious question.  What is the big deal about getting people back on campus?  To see the facilities?  The new buildings? So when you see them once what changes from weekend to weekend?  I'm there all the time for games and events.  What does that do for me other than I went to the event?  Really want to hear the reasoning for getting people "back on campus" on a Saturday afternoon.