• Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Great pissing contest going on here!

Less filling!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

How do you know? Maybe Scott had been pushing but meeting resistance. Bottom line is you need some sort of minimal criteria to label someone a particular HC's "recruit" and it only makes sense for that to be an offer ... and fwiw, I'm not part of the Skip=Anti-Christ gang.

My criteria is who did all the work.

But what does all the work MATTER if the offer was never made?  

I think it's pretty clear Scott was meeting some resistance - I mean, Holtz already had a commit in the bag in AW, as the Skip apologists are so quick to point out, maybe Holtz wasn't ready to offer.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

What other QBs had verbally committed?  Who else was Holtz going to offer?  Scott got Taggart to immediately focus on White.  He didn't do that because the prior staff thought White stunk.

But I get that you don't want to give Holtz any credit for anything at all.

Dude, AW was still on board, he decommitted after Holtz was fired.  How are you forgetting about that?  

This isn't about wanting to give or take away credit from Holtz ... this is about facts.  White had no offer from any HC at USF other than Taggart, it's his recruit, period.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Wow you idiots completely took my post and ran with ONE PART OF IT.

Forget Mike White then. How about the other 9 or so true freshman we have playing? It shows again, as I said before, Skip left us with little to nothing.

What about Johnny Ward? Nigel Harris? Lamar Robbins? Darius Tice? Derrick Calloway? Nate Godwin? I'm sure I'm forgetting more.

And one more time, I'm glad White is our man...as long as we STAY with him now and give the kid a true chance. Not yank him after his first Turnover.

Hope the White/Shaw+Tice combo is what we've been searching for.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,901
  • Days Won:  5

FWIW, we shouldn't overlook that Scott was a Leavitt guy who was actually qualified to recruit BCS talent. No one knows what went on behind closed doors between the recruiters and Skip, but, for Scott to show Taggart film within an hour of meeting him, it leads me to believe that Scott was very very high on the kid. If that is the case, those offers are usually made before December unless the HC is not committed to making the offer.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,944
  • Days Won:  436

I think you guys are missing the point.    White was never coached by Skip Holtz, so that makes him a Taggart guy.   It's the same reason we all viewed B.J. as Leavitts guy still even after he was gone.   As long as White has'nt been tainted by Skip Holtz's awful coaching then I really could'nt care less who recruited him.

Holtz never even offered him.  Yeah, Scott was talking to him, but there was no offer until Taggart made it happen.  He's Taggart's guy.  End of story.

And no doubt B.J. was a Leavitt guy, his first game starting was in 2009 at FSU when Leavitt was still here.  That's not even debatable.  

Again, if the ten minutes Taggart spent evaluating White makes you think he's a Taggart guy and that makes you happy, go for it.

But Holtz and staff were clearly planning to offer him and doing their due diligence before hand.  He wasn't a guy on Taggart's radar before he stepped on the USF campus.

So I think it is ridiculous to call him a Taggart recruit.  But why give Holtz credit for anything at all, because he is clearly the root of all evil.

How do you know? Maybe Scott had been pushing but meeting resistance. Bottom line is you need some sort of minimal criteria to label someone a particular HC's "recruit" and it only makes sense for that to be an offer ... and fwiw, I'm not part of the Skip=Anti-Christ gang.

My criteria is who did all the work.

Then he would be Larry Scott's recruit ...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Holtz recruit, Taggs recruit, no recruit, who the F cares. Just score an offensive TD.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,944
  • Days Won:  436

Wow you idiots completely took my post and ran with ONE PART OF IT.

Forget Mike White then. How about the other 9 or so true freshman we have playing? It shows again, as I said before, Skip left us with little to nothing.

What about Johnny Ward? Nigel Harris? Lamar Robbins? Darius Tice? Derrick Calloway? Nate Godwin? I'm sure I'm forgetting more.

Johnny Ward was Holtz recruit ..

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Wasn't Godwin a Holtz commit too?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,826
  • Days Won:  0

I think I remember reading that Godwin was going to Minnesota until Taggart came