Mike White is starting against Houston

theman123

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

honestly I'm done with this entire eveld vs bench argument.

All I've ever said was that neither were going to be a solution to our problem.

not sure why some of you want to argue bench > eveld when the numbers clearly show they are both about even and both well below average.

You must be a magician in real life because your use of the misdirection is superb .... YOU were the one to bring Eveld into this conversation ... a conversation started because you ignorantly tried to argue that Bench, a dual threat qb, wasn't a better runner than White, who had negative rushing yards for his hs career.

show me where I said Bench wasn't a better runner than White.

I only brought up the fact that Bench's numbers were no better than Eveld's. passing or rushing.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

No matter what happens its always exciting to see a new unknown quarterback take the reigns, especially since its a state champion freshman, who knows ANYTHING could happen! PUMPED!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

not sure why some of you want to argue bench > eveld when the numbers clearly show they are both about even and both well below average.

You must be a magician in real life because your use of the misdirection is superb .... YOU were the one to bring Eveld into this conversation ... a conversation started because you ignorantly tried to argue that Bench, a dual threat qb, wasn't a better runner than White, who had negative rushing yards for his hs career.

when someone is consistently doing stuff like this, I tend to just stop responding to them, personally

It's a weakness .... I'm seeking help.

The way I see it, our game plan is to run Shaw primarily with Tice giving him some rest off and on. If passing plays are called, White has one main thing to remember-- get rid of the ball quickly. If our guys catch it is the part we probably can't count on. Not sure there.

Watching White's youtube highlights from that game-- he looked to have a solid line with no one coming close to pressuring him at all. So the key is to just drop back and fire. He looked to have a decent arm and good accuracy. So I think his success depends on the receiving corps getting open. But the feature of our offensive attempts will be the running gameI would not be surprised to see us run the ball 70% of the plays out there. If the line has shown us anything-- they are decent at run blocking. Too much of this season has had either Floyd or Eveld giving up on their pocket too soon and scrambling away from it. I'm hoping White has the presence to stay in his pocket, deliver/get rid of the ball quickly, and hand the ball off to our best threats so far this season.

I think that's the key and what CWT's looking for, quicker decision making. It seemed at times that both qb's had decent time but the ball never came out ... I guess we'll see if it was just not seeing the open receivers, or if there was such a thing.

when someone is consistently doing stuff like this, I tend to just stop responding to them, personally

stuff like what? saying that Bench hasn't been an effective runner for us this year(-24 rushing) and that he has a knee brace on?

He assumed I said that Bench, who was an option QB in high school and is clearly a better runner than White, Eveld and probably Floyd, wasn't a better runner than white. I never said that and wouldn't even suggest it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,472
  • Days Won:  14

No matter what happens its always exciting to see a new unknown quarterback take the reigns, especially since its a state champion freshman, who knows ANYTHING could happen! PUMPED!

Agreed. Adds a little more excitement than if it was Bench starting with the same old questions. Granted, White could suck it up, but he could also match OKorny's performance. 

stuff like what? saying that Bench hasn't been an effective runner for us this year(-24 rushing) and that he has a knee brace on?

He assumed I said that Bench, who was an option QB in high school and is clearly a better runner than White, Eveld and probably Floyd, wasn't a better runner than white. I never said that and wouldn't even suggest it.

misdirection.gif

misdirection.gif

not sure i understand.

I asked you to point out where i said Bench wasn't a better runner than White which was the basis of your attack.

I guess you're not able to (because I never said nor would I ever make such a ridiculous claim) so you use cartoons to deflect the fact you were wrong instead of just saying you misread my post.

all my post siad was that bench has -24 rushing on the year and has a bulky knee brace. both of which are true.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,310
  • Days Won:  8

94PvO.gif

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,595
  • Days Won:  3

Quite a few tweets about praise from Wells and Montgomery. My favorite said White was at the Selmon Center at 11 PM when Taggart left.

We'll see.

• Upvote 1