Mike White in the game, loses redshirt

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Still think bench is our best qb atm and if healthy he should start. I think we have seen the last of eveld as well as floyd which I'm happy to see.

I see really no way Mike White doesn't start the remainder of the games as long as he is healthy
bench is a good qb and when he is in our entire offense gets a boost. He is getting the short end of the stick because not only is he returning from injury but nobody is making a play for him. I think white has potential and will obviously compete to start and that he has surpassed eveld and floyd but I think bench still deserves more time.
I agree Bench gives a boost to the offense, but CWT didn't put White in just for a few snaps. White is the future, we have to see what he has to offer. Hopefully Bench will get better physically and be a quality backup or challenge White to start next year.
and why can't bench be the future? He is only a sophomore and played in a handful of games while displaying plenty of potential. If we had a better oline and receivers would could catch I honestly think bench would put up **** good numbers.
I personally think White will do better than Bench. Bench needs to get healthy then can challenge White to start. If Bench out performs White then that's great we have 2 young quality qb. I never said Bench couldn't be the future. Hell I just want us to win and score touchdowns
I don't think any qb will truely stand out this year with the sorry excuse for wrs on the team. If they ain't making plays for bench, they won't for white. That is very reason I don't want to give up on bench yet.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

White might be able to get the ball out quicker and on time. We shall see

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749

doesn't matter if he gets it out quicker. Our oline can't block for more than 2 seconds and it takes our wr's at least 4 seconds to even get down field let alone open. Watching paint dry is faster than out passing routes developing. Edited by deters-

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,381
  • Days Won:  2

While we have seen mediocre qb play the wr play has been just as pathetic. We need lots of help at wr next class..

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

Eveld - Can't find an open receiver.

Bench - Finds open receivers, but receivers don't catch it

Maybe White we find the open receivers and the receivers will catch it.

White is only a year younger than Bench.  It is not like Bench is a senior or anything.  Bench really hasn't been in this offense much longer that White.  Heck, White's high school offense was probably more complex that ours.  At least White's WRs would get open and catch the ball.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867

I just want to wish Mike good luck going forward, for the foreseeable future his is our only true hope to lead us to 4 wins and get us to a bowl!

Until such time as we are "Out of Contention" we must do all we can to get to a bowl... fortune favors the brave, lets hope it works out for us...

Go Bulls!!

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431

It makes perfect sense to bring in white. We've now seen enough from Eveld to know that he's not progressing, and he's now hurt on top of that. Bench is also hurt so it makes the choice a little easier. At this point Floyd was ruled out and now Eveld is likely ruled out.

This leaves you with Bench and White to battle it out if White doesn't take his opportunity and run with it - this is unlikely as a true Freshman, but I hope we find the spark we're looking for. White will be the #1 and Bench will be the #2 getting the reps in practice and White will start the next game and on unless CWT is forced to rotate Bench back to #1.

This is the natural progression, I just wish it could have happened faster.

When the QB position settles down, other areas will start improving - they've been working with three different QBs and have lost confidence.

Edited by CRBULL

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

doesn't matter if he gets it out quicker. Our oline can't block for more than 2 seconds and it takes our wr's at least 4 seconds to even get down field let alone open. Watching paint dry is faster than out passing routes developing.

Both Eveld and Bench had much longer than 2 seconds to throw the football.  Bench did a nice job going through is progressions but had a number of balls dropped.  Eveld seems to just kind of get lost back there -- coaches really needed to emphasize some three step drops with him.  That and some screen passes to try and stop the all out blitz.  As soon as Bench came in they threw one that I thought was going to turn out very nicely but the receiver dropped the ball.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,314
  • Days Won:  8

Uh...the receivers helped Bench out at least twice today. His accuracy was poor.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705

1) Win now, it isn't about the NCS, BCS Bowl, Postseason whatever. It is about instilling a culture that goes for it all, all the time. Lost cause or not. This makes winners.
2) Putting him in the end, in a real game, with a high caliber team to shake off any first game jitters. Great move, gets him ready to take on Houston. 
3) Red shirting makes sense when you have a well stocked team and can afford to develop a player, we do not have that.
4) Why do we assume he is a star? Remember BJ? How many people thought he sucked and were ready to put in Eveld? We won't until he plays, if he is the star we all hope he will be gone in 3 years like Teddy. If he is not then we need to recruit better anyways which is what we hired CWT to do. So don't worry about the current talent. They are all replaceable, I think most would agree quite a few need replacing. My guess is BJ's lack of results was not due to him. His talent is what covered up how bad the rest of our offense really was/is.
5) Wtf is this nonsense about getting rid of CWT in 1-2 years? First you want him to lose the rest of this season because it is gone anyways (not like we get a #1 pick for it). Then you want to fire the guy for not winning?  :facepalm:   Meanwhile he pulled off a decent class with what was left of Holtz's mess, and is bringing in some impressive talent to at least look at our program. I think in 2-3 years we will be very excited for our program again. I know I plan to keep renewing my season tickets, Hopefully you do the same.