Mike White in the game, loses redshirt

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Absolute ridiculous panic move by Taggart. This season is OVER. In my eyes it was over before this game started. Trying another QB is not going to solve the issues USF has in this offense. Everything about this offense is the issue. From scheme to oline, to rbs that are healthy, to TEs, to lack of playmakers, to WRs, to anything and everything involved in this offense. Let White continue to learn the offense/playbook in practice. 

I like a small piece of this as someone mentioned before. Taggart is showing he has the approach of if you're not producing you're not playing which is the way it should be. However, you still should take things into account like how far into the season we are, is the last 5 games of the season worth the kid losing a year of eligibility, etc. 

Instead.. We're going to throw this freshman out there and continue to get absolutely destroyed, but hey I'm sure that'll do wonders for his confidence, right?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,256
  • Days Won:  6

Funny I seem to remember a lot of complaints on here when a certain redshirt was lost during the Miami game last year. Nobody is up in arms about that anymore huh? Taggart didn't want to lose the redshirt but I'm ok with it. He needs to see what White has now. Why go into next year not knowing?? Can he do any worse than our current QBs who only score TDs for the other team?

Ha ha, this is a great post.

It will be awesome if in FOUR years we are upset about this move today.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

according to perlman he receiver confirmation form med staff that bench wasn't hurt and White was coaches decision.

Bench was not entirely healthy. Jogging forward and back was pretty good.  Cutting was very difficult.  Not revealing sources since I got blasted in the past.  But the kid isn't near 100%. 

Edit: If he had been 100% he would have started, right?

Ricky is right.... as much of a gamer as Bench is he wasn't close to 100% today... that said even at less than 100% he was better than Bobby.

CWT went with Bench as long as he could. Then he made the decision to go with White. Whether it's with 7min left in the 4th or at the start of the next game does it really matter?

It's White's team now... His TE's and WR's better step their **** game up. Outside of McFarland none of them are doing a **** thing.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Starting White has nothing to do with this season it's about getting him game experience for next season....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,137
  • Days Won:  1

Funny I seem to remember a lot of complaints on here when a certain redshirt was lost during the Miami game last year. Nobody is up in arms about that anymore huh? Taggart didn't want to lose the redshirt but I'm ok with it. He needs to see what White has now. Why go into next year not knowing?? Can he do any worse than our current QBs who only score TDs for the other team?

Ha ha, this is a great post.It will be awesome if in FOUR years we are upset about this move today.

It will be so great if we are!!!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

CWT is playing to win NOW, screw next year--we're still 2-1 in conference. He wants to build a winner now, so burning Davis' & White's redshirt is consistent with what he's trying to do with the team and the program. He held out about as long as he could.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  1,174
  • Days Won:  3

I'm going out on a limb and saying that we will get an offensive TD next game... White is our best well rounded QB.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,043
  • Days Won:  0

This is a great decision. Get him experience and create some hope for next year. 

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453

CWT knows what he's doing and I agree. We need White right now, not next year. We might even have Flowers next year and White won't matter. Maybe White is great and we don't even need Flowers anymore.

We are still in the running for this conference boys, that is why White has had his redshirt burned.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936

Starting White has nothing to do with this season it's about getting him game experience for next season....

I couldn't agree more. People seem to forget that backup quarterbacks don't get many reps in practice with the 1st string. Hopefully he will do well and by the time he's ready to leave USF we will have an even better qb to replace him with.