Mike White in the game, loses redshirt

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,828
  • Days Won:  6

1) Win now, it isn't about the NCS, BCS Bowl, Postseason whatever. It is about instilling a culture that goes for it all, all the time. Lost cause or not. This makes winners.

2) Putting him in the end, in a real game, with a high caliber team to shake off any first game jitters. Great move, gets him ready to take on Houston.

3) Red shirting makes sense when you have a well stocked team and can afford to develop a player, we do not have that.

4) Why do we assume he is a star? Remember BJ? How many people thought he sucked and were ready to put in Eveld? We won't until he plays, if he is the star we all hope he will be gone in 3 years like Teddy. If he is not then we need to recruit better anyways which is what we hired CWT to do. So don't worry about the current talent. They are all replaceable, I think most would agree quite a few need replacing. My guess is BJ's lack of results was not due to him. His talent is what covered up how bad the rest of our offense really was/is.

5) Wtf is this nonsense about getting rid of CWT in 1-2 years? First you want him to lose the rest of this season because it is gone anyways (not like we get a #1 pick for it). Then you want to fire the guy for not winning? :facepalm: Meanwhile he pulled off a decent class with what was left of Holtz's mess, and is bringing in some impressive talent to at least look at our program. I think in 2-3 years we will be very excited for our program again. I know I plan to keep renewing my season tickets, Hopefully you do the same.

Amem and I'll be renewing mine from 3,000 miles away as well.

For once I can't wait for our Thursday Night game!

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

This move is all about the locker room.

You cannot preach what Taggart has been preaching and keep a better player on the bench, just to save him for next year.  What about THIS year's Senior class?  How can he look them in the eye and tell them to "do something"?

Starting White is the last straw, and it's a message to every player in the program now and recruits in the near future.

Edited by BigShoop

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Mike White era has begun.  I was previously in favor of saving the redshirt as long as we were undefeated in conference, but now that all three prior QBs have shown they're not the answer, I'm glad CWT burned the f*** out of that redshirt and best case, we make a little noise the rest of the way ... worst case, we get him some valuable game experience that can translate to next year once we load up on some more talent.  

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

This move is all about the locker room.

You cannot preach what Taggart has been preaching and keep a better player on the bench, just to save him for next year.  What about THIS year's Senior class?  How can he look them in the eye and tell them to "do something"?

Starting White is the last straw, and it's a message to every player in the program now and recruits in the near future.

Ding Ding DIng!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

It matters not....

Q. Flowers will be given every chance to start next year...

Eveld, Bench & Floyd re all Gone!

Bench will still be here. He'll probably be the #2  if Mike White is good or Flowers is really good. 

I'm going out on a limb and saying that we will get an offensive TD next game... White is our best well rounded QB.

You could tell that from the 3 handoffs he did today? 

Our issues go way beyond QB play. The offensive line is not very good, our best RB is hurt,and our receivers have hands of stone. 

To be fair he threw the ball 2 times and handed it off once

Time to move forward with our QB of the future.  Very limited action and I'm real anxious to see him in action in these last 5 games. Need to see him for a full game....although  I did like White's stiff arm to keep away the rusher in pursuit.  Our receivers made a few plays but not until late when the defense was playing soft...they look like total crap...time to give Big Bird some playing time.  I saw Robbins out there last last series,hope he stays in the starting lineup.  Pretty sure it was Saffold that looked clueless out there on numerous plays.

Edited by Bulls2k

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Still think bench is our best qb atm and if healthy he should start. I think we have seen the last of eveld as well as floyd which I'm happy to see.

I see really no way Mike White doesn't start the remainder of the games as long as he is healthy

Two INTs mixed around some incompletions and he'll be sitting again in a hurry.