how many recruits will we lose/gain because we are so

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Recruiting analysts are saying that not only will we not lose many recruits, but we are going to over-sign as well. Heard Josh Newberg stating we may take 28-30 commits.

Expecting some kids to transfer out who dropped down the depth chart.

Guess we will see in Feb.

Lots of schools oversign, knowing some won't make it, or will gray shirt.

Maybe I'm wrong but players transferring out still wouldn't allow you to bring in over 25 signees in the fall, would it?

Correct. Its 25 per year, no matter how many openings you have in your total 85 available scholarships. There is some fudging of numbers where you can bring someone in early and apply them to the previous class, but thats not as easy as picking 3 guys and saying they're from the class of 2013.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Recruiting analysts are saying that not only will we not lose many recruits, but we are going to over-sign as well. Heard Josh Newberg stating we may take 28-30 commits.

Expecting some kids to transfer out who dropped down the depth chart.

Guess we will see in Feb.

Maybe I'm wrong but players transferring out still wouldn't allow you to bring in over 25 signees in the fall, would it?

Correct. Its 25 per year, no matter how many openings you have in your total 85 available scholarships. There is some fudging of numbers where you can bring someone in early and apply them to the previous class, but thats not as easy as picking 3 guys and saying they're from the class of 2013.

That isn't correct, as usual., If you have a source, it might say that the SEC has limited class size to 25 because of rampant abuse. Other than that this is the way the bylaw reads

Oversigning (also spelled Over-signing) is an unofficial term for the practice of American college athletic departments signing prospective student-athletes to a National Letter of Intent (NLI) that may exceed the maximum number of athletic scholarships permitted by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The NCAA limits the total number of scholarships that may be awarded in all of its sponsored sports, and in football also limits the number of scholarships awarded in a given year. Those limits differ by sport and the division in which that school participates. Most conferences have additional rules governing signing NLI.

NCAA Bylaw 15.5.6.1 limits FBS football programs to a total number of scholarships to 85 "counters" annually including 25 scholarships for "initial counters." Counters (NCAA Bylaw 15.02.3) are individuals who are receiving institutional financial aid that is countable against the aid limitations in a sport, initial counters (NCAA Bylaw 15.02.3.1) are individuals who are receiving countable financial aid in a sport for the first time. Bylaw 13.9.2.3 limits schools to signing 28 NLI from initial signing day through May 31.[1]

Oversigning can occur in two ways. First, if a school signs a number of NLI that may bring their total number of counters above the NCAA limit of 85. Second would be to sign more than 25 NLI during the period between National Signing Day and May 31.

Oversigning occurs in other sports but has received the most attention from media members and fans, in regard to Division I FBS college football.[2][3][4]

NCAA rules permit oversigning up to 28 NLI, though some college football fans view oversigning as unethical, arguing that it requires schools and coaches to be dishonest with young adult and adolescent recruits by promising them a roster spot and scholarship only to pull it before the person graduates or even makes the team.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oversigning

Edited by Bullwinkle
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So, yeah. It's 25. You can ignore whatever Dipshit was trying to do with that post. There are ways around it, like bringing someone in in January and applying them to the previous year's class if you have room. But it's 25 per year, 85 total as a rule for 99% of teams. The NCAA limits you to 28, 3 over signs, in the event kids don't qualify.

However, if you read his post, you'll see that it confirms exactly what I originally said. Bullwinkle strikes again.

Edited by JTrue

Yeah, a dipshit would certainly know that there are teams that oversign each year and it remains a part of the college recruiting landscape. Only a mindless moron wouldn't know that. NCAA RULES, permit oversigning up to 28 NLI. I swear it's like talking to an 8 yr old with his fingers in his ears.

Edited by Bullwinkle

Yeah, a dipshit would certainly know that there are teams that oversign each year and it remains a part of the college recruiting landscape. Only a mindless moron wouldn't know that. NCAA RULES, permit oversigning up to 28 NLI. I swear it's like talking to an 8 yr old with his fingers in his ears.

Assface. You know that if you sign 28 and they all qualify, you have to pull the scholarship from 3 of them, right? So you can sign 28 but only keep 25 of them.

Edited by JTrue

Are we about ready for you to put a dumb ass picture up and you disappear from the thread? That's your usual M.O. when you get your ass handed to you in an argument.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  1,174
  • Days Won:  3

Oh no he di'int!!

Assface. You know that if you sign 28 and they all qualify, you have to pull the scholarship from 3 of them, right? So you can SIGN 28 but only keep 25 of them.

still wouldn't allow you to bring in over 25 signees in the fall, would it?

Correct. Its 25 per year,

The operative word for one with Big Fat Butt Cheeks on both sides of his face is "signees". And now you are forced to agree, I guess, because you used the term "signee" in your last clever missive. isn't it amusing that Signee and Hiney rhyme so well?

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1004259584/h9D019FCE/

Edited by Bullwinkle

You lost Queef. Suck it up and try again in another thread.

• Downvote 1

You lost Queef. Suck it up and try again in another thread.

Wow, 3 name calling posts in a row. I guess when you can't counter with facts, that's the only option.