The New, Improved Dumbgeon (Including Random Thoughts from around the site by UCF and UM fans)

UCFhonors

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,463
  • Days Won:  6

Can we end this humongo thread?

Sure, but the Publix thread has to go then too. 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

aMEEV3r.gif

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

BOOOO!  to both of you.

Both should stay, the entertainment factor is extremely high.  

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

if you do that, another one will just pop up....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

It takes guts for a USF fan to chastise UCF's attendance.  USF recently admitted to Tampa media that Bulls season ticket sales are DOWN 20% from last year.

LOL .... "Admitted"? We don't hide **** over here, like y'all do with your actual attendance. And there are several mitigating circumstances with that, with the biggest one being we've only won 14 games over the last 4 seasons.

As for the digs at UCF...

1.  UCF still had higher attendance last year than any G5 team except for BYU and ECU.  And since BYU has a very successful history and is considered "P5" for scheduling purposes by most P5 conferences, you could say UCF had better attendance than every G5 school except for ECU.

Well duh, you had the most success of any G5 team the previous year ... and should be embarrassed that ECU had better attendance and that you couldn't even sell out one stinking game coming off a year like that.

2. UCF had a horrible list of of teams visiting Orlando last year. It is hard to excite a casual fan for games against Bethune Cookman, Tulane, Temple, Tulsa and SMU.  BYU was our only decent name team to play in Orlando.  This year still is not great since we could not get a P5 team to play us in Orlando, but we still have home games against Houston, ECU and USF and even casual fans recognize those teams as either an important rivalry game (USF and ECU) or a game against a program that has been pretty good over the last several years.

See previous response ...

And here's another interesting bit of info .... In 2014, after winning just 10 games the 3 previous years combined, we sold 14,788 season tickets. That same year, after going 12-1 the previous year, a second consecutive conference championship and a BCS bowl win, our supposed B12 lock brethren program to the northeast sold a whopping 1,261 more season tix than we did.

You guys want to talk **** about wins and losses, trophies, etc at this point in time, go for it .... Trying to defend the pathetic showing of your fans last year is a joke.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  0

Since Brad has decided to only allow me to post here I will leave this here. Triple L, you want to discuss UCF ticket sales with a very slanted view but don't want UCF fans to be able to respond to your views so here are the facts.

First usf season with jackets are down this is not news, what is news about it usf did away with their booster requirements. Let's compare apples to apples shall we.

50 yard line club seats at usf total as low as $650 per year

50 yard d line non club seats at usf for $500 per seat.

50 yard line club seats at UCF are $2,500 per seat.

50 yard line non club seats at UCF are $562 per seat

Sideline club seats for usf range from $250 - $400 per seat per year

Sideline non club seats at UCF range from $265 - $500 per seat per year

Endzone seating is similar for both.

Now here is the rub, there are 12,000 club seats available for usf fans for $650 per seat, there were 800 club seats for UCF and I his year there will be around 1,500.

The simple fact is UCF games are more expensive, much more expensive.

Now let's also discuss your view on opponents. Last year usf had Maryland, NCSU, ECU, Houston and UCF all at home, ECU was ranked #19, UCF in the other hand had BYU as their only decent team at home. In 2013 usf had Miami and Louisville at home. UCF had South Carolina, Rutgers and usf at home. I could do this for every year and it's the same story, usf has had better home schedules due to either conference affiliation or the desire for teams line fsu to play at Raymond James.

The facts are in front of you and you can spin them all you want but reality is it costs more to go to UCF games yet more people are willing to pay more to see lessor opponents.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The biggest "name" teams to visit Orlando during that time were unranked Pitt, unranked USF, #6 Texas, and #17 USF (and we all remember that later that season the Bulls plummeted to "not receiving any votes" status).

But we beat you.  #lulz

Love that we were one of the biggest name teams you mentioned.  Too bad we've never been able to say the same for you.  

You guys want to talk **** about wins and losses, trophies, etc at this point in time, go for it .... Trying to defend the pathetic showing of your fans last year is a joke.

From 2006 to 2008, during the most successful years in Bulls history, USF only averaged 44,360 in REPORTED attendance.  And that with very attractive home games such as #23 Rutgers, #5 West Virginia, #11 Kansas, two important BCS conference games each against Pitt/Syracuse/Louisville, and unranked North Carolina.

Meanwhile, during the same three year period, when UCF had two losing seasons...and just two years removed from a 17 game losing streak, UCF still averaged 38,385.  The biggest "name" teams to visit Orlando during that time were unranked Pitt, unranked USF, #6 Texas, and #17 USF (and we all remember that later that season the Bulls plummeted to "not receiving any votes" status).

So yes, I'll talk smack about attendance because the data shows that UCF has a more stable and reliable fan base than the Bulls, and given opponents of equal stature, we draw as many or more fans than you do.

So, we averaged 44,360 in REPORTED attendance for the the most successful years in Bulls history. Years where we did peak at #2 for a week but ultimately finished no higher than 3rd in the conference. Y'all averaged 38,168 in REPORTED attendance for the the most successful years in Kanigits history. Years where you were twice conference champions, played for the conf championship once and won a BCS bowl ..... You have been weighed.

And I guess you do have a case, based on what data we have, for a more stable fan base ... although stagnant may be a better word. In that 2006-08 span of not very good football, you averaged a REPORTED attendance of 38,385. 5 years later, during the best years of the program, you averaged a couple hundred LESS at 38,168 REPORTED  attendance.

And also lets not kid ourselves with that 2006-2008 attendance of yours. You had a brand new stadium whose new car smell hadn't worn off yet which helped that 38K. Don't even try to convince me that if you had a 3 year span of winning a total of 9 games now that the avg figure would be anywhere near 38K.

Show the trophy cases again.

Since Brad has decided to only allow me to post here I will leave this here. Triple L, you want to discuss UCF ticket sales with a very slanted view but don't want UCF fans to be able to respond to your views so here are the facts.

First usf season with jackets are down this is not news, what is news about it usf did away with their booster requirements. Let's compare apples to apples shall we.

50 yard line club seats at UCF are $2,500 per seat.

50 yard line non club seats at UCF are $562 per seat

Sideline club seats for usf range from $250 - $400 per seat per year

Sideline non club seats at UCF range from $265 - $500 per seat per year

Endzone seating is similar for both.

Now here is the rub, there are 12,000 club seats available for usf fans for $650 per seat, there were 800 club seats for UCF and I his year there will be around 1,500.

The simple fact is UCF games are more expensive, much more expensive.

Now let's also discuss your view on opponents. Last year usf had Maryland, NCSU, ECU, Houston and UCF all at home, ECU was ranked #19, UCF in the other hand had BYU as their only decent team at home. In 2013 usf had Miami and Louisville at home. UCF had South Carolina, Rutgers and usf at home. I could do this for every year and it's the same story, usf has had better home schedules due to either conference affiliation or the desire for teams line fsu to play at Raymond James.

The facts are in front of you and you can spin them all you want but reality is it costs more to go to UCF games yet more people are willing to pay more to see lessor opponents.

Facts?? I stopped reading right here because you apparently don't know what the **** you're talking about ....

And I'm not believing **** what you say about Kanigit pricing unless you provide links ...

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,463
  • Days Won:  6

Seat pricing:

http://www.ucfknights.com/tickets/2015-football-season-tickets-dev.html

Scroll down to see the seat prices and the donation ( partial tax deduction) required to buy  them for the year.

I don't think they advertise the club seat costs, but what he quoted sounds right. I have two club seats in the new  East Side Club. I wanted to try it for  a year, then I may move back to the other side.

http://ucfgoldenknightsclub.com/premium-seating/football-club-suites/