Anybody on this site who has called Taggart a good/great coach....

hbryan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

So as long as CWT has a team with an overwhelming talent advantage, we're in good shape? That's reassuring.

that's how it works in college football. hell that's how it works in football period.

you think harbaugh did anything revolutionary scheme wise at stanford? what about saban? no they won because they had more talneted football players.

nowhere did I say overwhelming and yes we need better players to win.

So you think McNeese and FAU just have better players? Coaching had nothing to do with it?
yes I do.sure we have one or two guys but collectively they obviously have better players.

actual scheme had very little to do with our LBs getting run over. our d-line getting bullied. our o-line getting pushed around. our QB being an absolute travesty.

we could implement oregon's offense, alabma's defense and have a sports psychologist on staff full time and the results would be no different.

not sure what else you want Taggart to do.

No. We might be terrible at some positions (QB) but we absolutely have better talent than McNeese State and FAU.

This team has a lot of issues. A lot from the previous regime, others from the current.

But no, we shouldn't be this bad and if CJL or Skippy had a start like this everyone would be calling for their head.

have you watched these games? our lines are getting bullied.

the interior of our defense is not very good. McNeese averaged almost 7 yards per play.

I don't care how bad a coach that has been in college and the NFL for 20+ years is no amount of coaching can make up for a lack of talent.

our o-line is swiss chese. our QB play has been a joke. receivers get no separation. shaw has looked good.that's just from watching them play these less "talented" teams.

collectively and at key positions those teams are more talented than us.

Give the coach a chance. 3 games does not define the man. He is playing the hand he was dealt.

Like I said last night.

It's okay to call the coaching bad. It's stupid to call for his head.

Taggart is going to do well at USF. It's going to take time though.

do you honestly think there is a coach at our level(not talking ohio state, alabama, etc) that would come in here and win with our QB play?

how many QB turnovers have led to immediate TDs? 2 picks for Floyd. 3 fumbles for eveld and a pick for bench. I'm probably missing some. That's more than we have scored on offense the entire year.

maybe he should just run the single wing with shaw at QB. not sure how you expect to win with such bad QB play.

our QBs collectively are 34 for 91 (37% completion ) for 405 yards (4.45 yards per attempt) with 3 TDs 4 picks and 3+ fumbles. none of them has a rating over 83

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Give the coach a chance. 3 games does not define the man. He is playing the hand he was dealt.

Like I said last night.

do you honestly think there is a coach at our level(not talking ohio state, alabama, etc) that would come in here and win with our QB play?

how many QB turnovers have led to immediate TDs? 2 picks for Floyd. 3 fumbles for eveld and a pick for bench. I'm probably missing some. That's more than we have scored on offense the entire year.

Skip beat Miami with Eveld.

Yes, I think there are coaches would could beat McNeese State and FAU with these awful QBs

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

have you watched these games? our lines are getting bullied. 

the interior of our defense is not very good. McNeese averaged almost 7 yards per play.

I don't care how bad a coach that has been in college and the NFL for 20+ years is no amount of coaching can make up for a lack of talent. 

our o-line is swiss chese. our QB play has been a joke. receivers get no separation. shaw has looked good.that's just from watching them play these less "talented" teams.

collectively and at key positions those teams are more talented than us.

Yep...that's pretty much it. However, the level of effort to correct this is considerably larger and much more time consuming than most would like. Having sat through the last two years, and the start of this year, patience is running thin (here at TBP). We're fans. We want wins. And since we're fans, we're exempt from the strains of reality.  B)

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I guess that's where we differ. I don't think there's any chance on earth McNeese has more talent than we do.

collectively at key positions?

you assume that because of the name on the front of the jerseys. sorry but one of the worst talented teams in d-1 could easily have less talent than a d-1aa school especially at key positions.

No I assume a team with players like MacFarland, Dunkley, Davis, Price, Robbins, Watson, Lynch, Mimms, Giddens, Chandler, Cliett, etc. can at the very least hang with McNeese or FAU. All of those players were recruited by or came from schools with a hell of a lot better names on their jerseys.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

The AD's job is beyond winning championships. For one thing, ITS A SCHOOL, not an NFL franchise.Their mission is EDUCATION.

at this(miami,uf an fsu)  level u play to win championships

if usf cant compete than dropping football is an option

clearly the state cant support so many bad programs

Like I said last night.

Yes, I think there are coaches would could beat McNeese State and FAU with these awful QBs

BJ started that game. I'm sure if Miami game planned for eveld it would have been different as evidenced by every single game since then. BTW he had much more talent then all across the board.

he also lost to ball state with Daniels.

I guess that's where we differ. I don't think there's any chance on earth McNeese has more talent than we do.

collectively at key positions?

you assume that because of the name on the front of the jerseys. sorry but one of the worst talented teams in d-1 could easily have less talent than a d-1aa school especially at key positions.

No I assume a team with players like MacFarland, Dunkley, Davis, Price, Robbins, Watson, Lynch, Mimms, Giddens, Chandler, Cliett, etc. can at the very least hang with McNeese or FAU. All of those players were recruited by or came from schools with a hell of a lot better names on their jerseys.

sorry but if we had so much more talent then all we need to do is play pitch and catch on offense and bully them on defense. you guys give way too much emphasis on coaching(x's and o's). schemes are very similar across college football. there really aren't ,many innovators. the difference lies in talent .

like I said before, you can't expect to win when your QBs are directly responsible for more points for your opponents than they are for you. doesn't matter who else you trot out there.

one defensive player on michigan state has as many TDs against us gievn to them by our QB  as our leading QB has for us and those 2 were garbage time against a 1-aa team.

Edited by Bull94

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Like I said last night.

BJ started that game. I'm sure if Miami game planned for eveld it would have been different as evidenced by every single game since then. BTW he had much more talent then all across the board.

he also lost to ball state with Daniels.

Great. This team shouldn't be losing by double digits to FAU and McNeese. There is plenty of talent.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,376
  • Days Won:  2

That is the thing we have more talent than McNeese but we don't have the heart and mind of a winner that gives everything they have on

the line.

We saw our USF team beat teams that had more talent than us...FSU, Auburn, Miami.... but it isn't just talent and coaching that wins games but also heart.  And this team built by Holtz has no heart, they give up easily.   

Until this team is purged of the holtz players we will improve very little.

I don't care if Lombardi coached this team we would still be 0-3.