Anybody on this site who has called Taggart a good/great coach....

hbryan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I just got dumber having read that statement.

right. players have nothing to do with success. it's all about the scheme and game management. saban could beat skip with 1-aa talent vs alabama talent because he is such a great coach.

saban builds a great program because he is a relentless recruiter. he runs a vanilla offense and an ordinary defense but he does it with superior talent.

His defense is the most complex in the country. That's per the VT OC, not some fan on a message board.

https://twitter.com/andybittervt/status/361994555702255617

coming from an OC that put up 15 against ecu. the same defense that held old dominion to 38.

saban isn't only winning because of his schemes.

Who said he was? Its not just one thing. Saying that anything he does is "simple" is very inaccurate. He wins because he pays attention to EVERYTHING and hammers it home. He is the most prepared coach in football. So what you think is simple, to him he's dissected and gone over repeatedly until that simple thing is very complex and known inside and out. Madden said he went to a seminar held by Lombardi. It was on ONE PLAY and lasted ALL DAY.

It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters. Paul "Bear" Bryant, I Ain't Never Been Nothing but a Winner

he runs base defenses that everyone else runs. he runs it with superior talent. yes he has an attention for detail but without the talent it doesn't matter.

that guy works harder than any coach in the country at recruiting. he has tons of camps that he runs himself so he can evaluate talent for his own eyes. our last coach was in utah playing in a celebrity golf tournament during our most important camp of the year.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,256
  • Days Won:  6

Someone already wrote this but this is ground zero for the program.

We will look back at this in a couple of years and realize this was all part of the process.  It will mature us as a program and fan base.  

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,310
  • Days Won:  8

Trying to reason with Bulls94 is like having a head butting contest with a sledgehammer.

• Topic Count:  557
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

right. players have nothing to do with success. it's all about the scheme and game management. saban could beat skip with 1-aa talent vs alabama talent because he is such a great coach.

saban builds a great program because he is a relentless recruiter. he runs a vanilla offense and an ordinary defense but he does it with superior talent.

His defense is the most complex in the country. That's per the VT OC, not some fan on a message board.

coming from an OC that put up 15 against ecu. the same defense that held old dominion to 38.

Who said he was? Its not just one thing. Saying that anything he does is "simple" is very inaccurate. He wins because he pays attention to EVERYTHING and hammers it home. He is the most prepared coach in football. So what you think is simple, to him he's dissected and gone over repeatedly until that simple thing is very complex and known inside and out. Madden said he went to a seminar held by Lombardi. It was on ONE PLAY and lasted ALL DAY.

It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters. Paul "Bear" Bryant, I Ain't Never Been Nothing but a Winner

he runs base defenses that everyone else runs. he runs it with superior talent. yes he has an attention for detail but without the talent it doesn't matter.

I am not sure why you bring anything up about Alabama at all. You should probably look at a school/program closer to USF like UCF for your ideas.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

The AD's job is beyond winning championships. For one thing, ITS A SCHOOL, not an NFL franchise.Their mission is EDUCATION.

the primary purpose for a University to have an ATHLETIC DIRECTOR is education?

The AD's job is beyond winning championships. For one thing, ITS A SCHOOL, not an NFL franchise.Their mission is EDUCATION.

the primary purpose for a University to have an ATHLETIC DIRECTOR is education?

Providing an environment conducive to it, sure. You guys sometime act like USF's only purpose is fielding top tier athletic teams and education of student athletes is of no concern. These guys have education backgrounds. How many former NFL GM's are ADs?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I am not sure why you bring anything up about Alabama at all. You should probably look at a school/program closer to USF like UCF for your ideas.

we were talking schemes. not sure why I need to talk about ucf. alabama doesn't run complex schemes and they have been quite successful. they just execute better in part because they have superior talent.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Bull94 thinks the 49ers and Eagles paid for recruiting skills.

not sure I understand that at all.

Explain why Harbaugh and Kelly were given NFL jobs if recruiting was their reason for success?

we were talking schemes. not sure why I need to talk about ucf. alabama doesn't run complex schemes and they have been quite successful. they just execute better in part because they have superior talent.

How could you not? Their talent level is a lot closer to USF's than Alabama. They obviously have looked around at what works and incorporated it into their schemes. USF isn't loaded with 5 star athletes like Alabama but it is loaded with lots of kids of the same talent level and with athletes that played with and against USF players in high school and they have been winning for years now (5-3 winning/losing seasons with a top 25 finish since moving to CUSA).

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,672
  • Days Won:  25

I guess that's where we differ. I don't think there's any chance on earth McNeese has more talent than we do.

That is the thing we have more talent than McNeese but we don't have the heart and mind of a winner that gives everything they have on

the line.

We saw our USF team beat teams that had more talent than us...FSU, Auburn, Miami.... but it isn't just talent and coaching that wins games but also heart.  And this team built by Holtz has no heart, they give up easily.   

Until this team is purged of the holtz players we will improve very little.

I don't care if Lombardi coached this team we would still be 0-3.

EXACTLY!

My #1 problem is that I thought CWT would be able to get more out of these guys. I don't understand how so many players don't seem to give 100% on so many plays. And I'm not a coach, so I have no idea how or if one can "coach" desire.