USF v. FAU

BullFan98

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

So this is what we now have to look forward to in coming years in the post Big East era? Wondering and debating if we are capable of beating FAU.

Ever since we beat Pitt in '01 we (team and the fan base) always had the mentality that we could beat anyone.

And since my son and my $20,000 or so a year for the next few years go to FAU it is not that I don't respect FAU at all, but geez FAU was 3-9 last year too. In the freaking Sun Belt conference. That was up from 1-11 in the Sun Belt conference.

If we can't beat FAU, even in a rebuilding year this program is even more messed up than can be fixed in a few years.

Yeah, i know about Mcneese, but I can't imagine that the offense and special teams is going to give up another 21+ points as we have the last 2 weeks.

Michigan State is the #3 defense in the nation. FAU doesn't have near the overall talent that Michigan State does.

Mcneese was a bad aberration. With the benefit of hindsight, I believe if Taggart stars Eveld it is a different game. We knew going in that Floyd was prone to mistakes.

This is the week that things begin to come together. There is enough talent on this team to still get 5 or 6 wins.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

If we beat FAU the a good portion of this board will start talking about a bowl game (and some extremists...competing for the conference championship)

If we lose to FAU, some will start turning on Tags.

This should be interesting.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I won't start talking about a possible bowl game until we win at least 5 games.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,119
  • Days Won:  14

I won't start talking about a possible bowl game until we win at least 5 games (in the same season).  :D

I won't start talking about a possible bowl game until we win at least 5 games (in the same season).  :D

Touche'

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

This is the season... which is pathetic to say the least...

Depending on who well we do against FAU will dictate the rest of our season... if we beat them by a large margin then we will likely finish with a just below .500 record. If we can get our crap in line against FAU then I can see us beating UConn, Memphis, SMU, and UCF.

If its a close game then we will struggle and give last year a run for its money as the worst season in school history. If we strugle then we will likely struggle to beat other equally matched teams like UConn, Memphis, SMU, and UCF.

If we lose, well ladies and gents... this season is over. Just one long training camp for next season.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Not giving up hope, just can't. We showed a lot more confidence last week and I think we can expect further refinement. Bowl would be a nice bonus but all I'm looking for is a respectable in-conference performance, whether or not that means 6+ wins.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  52

If we lose, well ladies and gents... this season is over. Just one long training camp for next season.

If the training camp scenario you describe is true, I might actually consider not going to some games until the guys like White are put in.  Saturdays are precious when you get old.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  52

Not giving up hope, just can't. We showed a lot more confidence last week and I think we can expect further refinement. Bowl would be a nice bonus but all I'm looking for is a respectable in-conference performance, whether or not that means 6+ wins.

I think if we can figure out a way to move the ball, we will be in better shape. 

I think if we can figure out a way to move the ball, we will be in better shape. 

I think you see that this week at least.