**** i miss Leavitt

dausfbulls11

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

USF is trying to build a program, not just one or two successful seasons.  If Petrino is at WKU for more than two seasons, I'll be shocked.  Just like I wouldn't expect him to have stayed here past a couple of seasons.

I firmly believe that CWT is trying to build a program and he has a lot of incentive to stay for a while.  I'm not naive enough to believe that there aren't jobs that he might leave us for, but I think it's less likely than others.

This to a T.  Petrino wants to get back to the SEC.  I think Willie loves the Tampa area and will stay a while if he can get his program rolling.  That said, if we're still left out of the P5 or whatnot, and someone big comes calling with lots of $, he'd be a fool to not at least entertain the offer.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

This to a T.  Petrino wants to get back to the SEC.  I think Willie loves the Tampa area and will stay a while if he can get his program rolling.  That said, if we're still left out of the P5 or whatnot, and someone big comes calling with lots of $, he'd be a fool to not at least entertain the offer.  

I see what you did there... :04-rock:

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,740
  • Days Won:  53

Petrino does a couple things:  Crash into the pavement with hot blondes and bail on teams.  That would be a desperate hire!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Content Count:  19,805
  • Days Won:  213

USF is trying to build a program, not just one or two successful seasons.  If Petrino is at WKU for more than two seasons, I'll be shocked.  Just like I wouldn't expect him to have stayed here past a couple of seasons.

I firmly believe that CWT is trying to build a program and he has a lot of incentive to stay for a while.  I'm not naive enough to believe that there aren't jobs that he might leave us for, but I think it's less likely than others.

like Leavitt, CWT is from this area with family in the area. Leavitt would have been fine with coaching at USF until he was on his death bed. I think CWT would love to see that happen as well (especially since it eant he turned this program around).

Let's face one fact folks-- there is a very good chance we never get back to the Power5 or BCS-type situation again. The jagoffs who control football made these moves specifically to eliminate any teams or schools they felt weren't deserving of the shot at a national title. Not that I see us getting close to that anytime soon-- just the way I see it. At this time-- it would not bother me too much to be able to go to some bowl games every year and compete in an interesting conference. Sure-- being in the Big12 of ACC would be great. But I am less inclined to see this happening in the near term

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,740
  • Days Won:  53

Let's face one fact folks-- there is a very good chance we never get back to the Power5 or BCS-type situation again. The jagoffs who control football made these moves specifically to eliminate any teams or schools they felt weren't deserving of the shot at a national title. Not that I see us getting close to that anytime soon-- just the way I see it. At this time-- it would not bother me too much to be able to go to some bowl games every year and compete in an interesting conference. Sure-- being in the Big12 of ACC would be great. But I am less inclined to see this happening in the near term

I would like to see the teams that are left on the outside create their own brand grassroots-style.  That's one thing positive I could see about these teams splitting off.  It would take a long time to build, but these new sports networks need content and there are a bunch of teams going to be left out there.

I would like to see the teams that are left on the outside create their own brand grassroots-style.  That's one thing positive I could see about these teams splitting off.  It would take a long time to build, but these new sports networks need content and there are a bunch of teams going to be left out there.

the power 5 can derail that by simply cherry picking the best teams whenever they feel like it though-- similar to the way they systematically dismantled the Big East imo

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Bottom line, I just want to see us win!

Neither CJL or cSH gave us pride-filled years in our conference, just some signature victories that are great but I think we all just want to be able to expect a win, and actually do that--in conference especially. Bad games happen no matter what, I think, but this whole "who are we this week?" stuff is what I want to put behind us and play consistently solid football.

it is pretty ridiculous to expect a coach to come in and immediately fix everything. The MSU game was terrible and it really shakes up any confidence the team or fans have in the program. But there are plenty more games this season to think abouot.

We all need to shake off this loss as fans and move on. Back when we had a few close calls with some 1-AA/FCS teams in the past-- the bottom line was got out of there with the W. The fact that we got thumped is concerning but it still is just an L, like it would be had we lost by a point.

I just hope the team really embraces what happened and moves in the right direction

• Topic Count:  557
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

it is pretty ridiculous to expect a coach to come in and immediately fix everything. The MSU game was terrible and it really shakes up any confidence the team or fans have in the program. But there are plenty more games this season to think abouot.

We all need to shake off this loss as fans and move on. Back when we had a few close calls with some 1-AA/FCS teams in the past-- the bottom line was got out of there with the W. The fact that we got thumped is concerning but it still is just an L, like it would be had we lost by a point.

I just hope the team really embraces what happened and moves in the right direction

mmmmk

jon-gruden-super-bowl.jpg

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

mmmmk

jon-gruden-super-bowl.jpg

Terrible example.  The Bucs were loaded and it was the perfect storm playing the Raiders in the Superbowl