Dunk City vs. Drunk City Tonight!

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,349
  • Days Won:  490

Couple of great flops by Donovans guys tonight.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad

• Who'sYourData?

• Vega

• George_Bullnard_Shaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Brown has had a great night.

Only senior on the team.

Recruiting Sherwood Brown: How FGCU Recruited a Hidden Gem

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alicia-jessop/sherwood-brown_b_2976408.html

Gator advice: Less time and money on tattoos and more on FTs.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

FGCU is no longer the only undefeated team in NCAA tournament history.

Did TBS buy the Bleacher Report?

I can't think of any other reason they would back them. They're not that desperate for money.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Nothing to hang their heads about. They made the Sweet 16, which is outstanding. I would guess the only D1 Florida schools not to make the Sweet 16 are USF, Bethune Cookman, UCF, FAMU, FIU, Jacksonville, North Florida, and Stetson. Of the high Majors on USF has not made it to that round. I don't know if UCF is or has been considered a high major. If so then they and USF has some catching up to do. Unbelievable that a low major like FGCU can do what they did in this NCAAT.

Coach Enfield needs to stay there at least another season before he journeys on to bigger land.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,149
  • Days Won:  109

Nothing to hang their heads about. They made the Sweet 16, which is outstanding. I would guess the only D1 Florida schools not to make the Sweet 16 are USF, Bethune Cookman, UCF, FAMU, FIU, Jacksonville, North Florida, and Stetson. Of the high Majors on USF has not made it to that round. I don't know if UCF is or has been considered a high major. If so then they and USF has some catching up to do. Unbelievable that a low major like FGCU can do what they did in this NCAAT.

Coach Enfield needs to stay there at least another season before he journeys on to bigger land.

Couple of things.  First, without the automatic bid they wouldn't have been in the tournament.  There regular season wasn't enough.  So they got hot and made it to the Sweet 16. 

I loved their story and was rooting for them especially after having seen them in person (one of those loses to Lipscomb).  But let's see how many times going forward this happens.  Isn't Belmont usually the cowbell of that conference?  And for most of the year they were again.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Couple of things.  First, without the automatic bid they wouldn't have been in the tournament.  There regular season wasn't enough.  So they got hot and made it to the Sweet 16. 

I loved their story and was rooting for them especially after having seen them in person (one of those loses to Lipscomb).  But let's see how many times going forward this happens.  Isn't Belmont usually the cowbell of that conference?  And for most of the year they were again.

Belmont moved to the Ohio Valley conference.

But FGCU only lost one game at home this season (Lipscomb), but lost at St Johns, Duke, Libscomb, Stetson, and a few others. So they couldn't win on the road, but were nearly unbeatable in Ft Myers.

I don't think they are the next Butler or Gonzaga. They have a ways to go before they are a midmajor power.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,149
  • Days Won:  109

But FGCU only lost one game at home this season (Lipscomb), but lost at St Johns, Duke, Libscomb, Stetson, and a few others. So they couldn't win on the road, but were nearly unbeatable in Ft Myers.

I don't think they are the next Butler or Gonzaga. They have a ways to go before they are a midmajor power.

Got confused on the Belmont thing.  I knew Lipscomb played Belmont first game of the year and that was their big rivalry game. I equated them as being in the same conference.  Thanks for the education.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

It was a nice little story but let's face it, it's not like they knocked off Duke and Louisville to get to the Sweet 16. They had one if the more favorable draws they could have with G'town, a program known for being knocked out by double digit seeds and then a football school in SDSU .... still should get some sort of bump in recruiting due to name recognition.