our ad is way overpaid

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

Here is a link to athletic director salaries from USA Today.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

WOW!!!!  Max bonus for Dougie is $2.5 MILLION!!  He's the only AD in the millions in that category, and looks like Joe Castiglione of Oklahoma is 2nd at $760K.   Total Pay before bonus he looks to be pretty average though, but that max bonus REALLY stands out.  

What all does he have to do to get that $2.5 mill?  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Another thing, it looks like if Doug got his full bonus, he'd be the 2nd highest paid AD in FBS, after Vandy's AD (now that man has quite a contract).  

• Topic Count:  557
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

The Vandy AD makes over $3 million in salary. But then again, they don't have an AD, he is a Vice Chancellor.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Old and depressing news. 2nd highest paid in FL as well, only under the UF AD...absolutely ridiculous. Must be easy to do when you can give yourself a pay raise whenever you see fit.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

Any bonus a coach receives, Dougie gets the exact same. It's the most absurd clause there is.

Because no one would give themselves a raise if they could. What kind of horse crap is that? And its a bonus. Performance bonus. Yeah its high, but its high because its an incentive to get USF into the top echelon of athletics. Its not there for him to get rich, USF sports team have to do very well for him to get paid that amount of money and if you think of it, how USF teams have performed and who the play, that incentive is deserved. The thing is, how many times has he collected the full bonus, IF EVER?

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

http://www.voodoofive.com/2012/11/19/3665330/usf-athletics-is-in-crisis-and-not-just-on-the-field

Written 4 months ago, but a lot of it still applies. The parts about Woolard are what got me fired up....

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I would take anything at Voodoofive that relates to Woolard with a grain of salt. Not sure exactly, but I think one or a couple of the guys over there used to work for Doug and there is a definite ant-Woolard sentiment there.

The base salary is what I look at and as stated, that is pretty average. I'm not crazy about the incentive of matching the different coach's bonus, but it is silly to evaluate things based on Woolard's max bonus. If he were to achieve the max bonus, I'm pretty sure everyone around here, Tampa and the entire state of Florida would be begging to erect statues of Woolard. Pretty sure for him to max out on his bonus it would involve conference and National Championships in most, if not every sport under his management.

http://www.voodoofive.com/2012/11/19/3665330/usf-athletics-is-in-crisis-and-not-just-on-the-field

Written 4 months ago, but a lot of it still applies. The parts about Woolard are what got me fired up....

I would take anything at Voodoofive that relates to Woolard with a grain of salt. Not sure exactly, but I think one or a couple of the guys over there used to work for Doug and there is a definite ant-Woolard sentiment there.

The base salary is what I look at and as stated, that is pretty average. I'm not crazy about the incentive of matching the different coach's bonus, but it is silly to evaluate things based on Woolard's max bonus. If he were to achieve the max bonus, I'm pretty sure everyone around here, Tampa and the entire state of Florida would be begging to erect statues of Woolard. Pretty sure for him to max out on his bonus it would involve conference and National Championships in most, if not every sport under his management.

I agree. Voodoo5 may come across as in depth reporting but its goal is to elicit extreme responses that may not be warranted after closer inspection. Its a blog.