QB Transfer???

BullyPulpit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The combine? So not only is he NFL material, he's a top 10 QB?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

I want Trickett as much as the anyone, but to even toss around ANY comments regarding his NFL prospects at this point is laughable. He was a marginal talent out of high school and has done nothing to change that at this point. Could he blow up the next two years, sure. But right now, you need to tap the brakes.

And the evidence that BJ has a much better arm: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-1919

I don't think Trickett is on one of these lists.

You know who puts together those lists? People like me. If you're comfortable disagreeing with me about this issue then you're also comfortable with the simple fact that those lists could be and often are quite wrong. For starters, notice there isn't a single QB on there that is less than a four-star recruit. Tells me someone was trying to rank arms merely among the top prospects. Trickett had a savvy following coming out of high school with offers from Jim Harbaugh at Stanford, Florida State and Arkansas among others, but he was a three-star recruit. I doubt whoever made that list even looked at Clint Trickett's arm. The only "evidence" that is ever going to sway me on a topic like this is going to be on the football field. You can come up with whatever lists you want to. It's not evidence. The tape doesn't lie. Lists do.

The exploration of Trickett's NFL viability came from an absurd statement that Trickett should choose West Virginia because then he can get an early start on his coaching career because he has to know he's not cut out for the NFL. That was how the conversation started. I am telling you right now, I see why you would SAY that he's not on anyone in the NFL's radar because he hasn't started yet, I can see the logic, but I also know that you're wrong. He's a coach's son, actually has played at Florida State and put together some good tape, sat behind two guys who will both be 1st round picks, and now just got beat in competition by the top ranked quarterback recruit in the country from 2012. He's also got a rocket arm that will have definitely caught scouts' notice.

Since LISTS seem to impress you, let me give you another LIST...

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2015&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

That website is run by Rob Rang (former NFL Scout and still highly connected in the scout community) and Dane Brugler (colleague I've spoken to many times). Together they run CBS Sports NFL Draft section. Television, print, the website, you name it.

If you click on that link you might find an interesting name listed SECOND behind only Teddy Bridgewater (whose NFL prospects have been discussed ad nauseum) for class of 2015 quarterback prospects. That would be Clint Trickett.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So Clint Trickett is the second best QB in his class? I hope we convince him to not only come to USF, but not enter the draft after 1 year with us. He's looking at getting invited to New York along with Teddy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't think he's the second best quarterback in his class, but CBS Sports does. Hell, all *I* said was that based on what I've already seen even if he doesn't start any games I would invite him to training camp to try and make my football team, and you acted as if it was absurd to say that.

It's strange that you're acting so haughty about this subject in the face of opinions from people who actually do this for a living. Disagreement is fine but you're acting very sarcastic about it, as if the opinions of the guys who run CBS's NFL Draft section mean absolutely nothing and they're just a bunch of loons throwing darts at a dart board with a blindfold on.

Why is it so difficult for you to believe that Clint Trickett is on the NFL's radar?

Edited by ckparrothead
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

So Clint Trickett is the second best QB in his class? I hope we convince him to not only come to USF, but not enter the draft after 1 year with us. He's looking at getting invited to New York along with Teddy.

Why are you always such an a-hole? ckparrothead does this for a living, are you some kind of NFL/NCAA analyst or scout that we don't know about? Or do you just sit here and talk **** from behind a computer?

Edited by Hem

Why are you always such an a-hole? ckparrothead does stuff like this as a job, are you some kind of NFL/NCAA analyst or scout that we don't know about? Or do you just sit here and talk **** from behind a computer?

My opinion isn't infallible by any means. I'm open to disagreement. What I don't understand is the sarcasm and whatnot. Respectful disagreement is the way to go in these cases.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,944
  • Days Won:  436

Why are you always such an a-hole? ckparrothead does this for a living, are you some kind of NFL/NCAA analyst or scout that we don't know about? Or do you just sit here and talk **** from behind a computer?

We all talk **** from behind a computer, Hem ...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

I sent CK a link to the WVU Spring game as it sounds he is interested in seeing comparision of existing QBs because again it makes a huge part.  I will know more tonight or tomorrow morning as I have had some family emergencies to deal with today that will limit me going to game to talk so I will have to wait for text, calls, or the site I post on.

I sent CK a link to the WVU Spring game as it sounds he is interested in seeing comparision of existing QBs because again it makes a huge part.  I will know more tonight or tomorrow morning as I have had some family emergencies to deal with today that will limit me going to game to talk so I will have to wait for text, calls, or the site I post on.

Good luck with your family emergencies.

And I hope WVU doesn't get its man, lol.

I'm just a guy who has watched a fair amount of football in my life and doesn't think Clint Trickett is the 2nd best QB in the country. My apologies on the matter.