QB Transfer???

BullyPulpit

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

No one wants to be pathetic. But you have to admit that, at 3-9, preceded by 5-7 (which is actually one more loss than the inaugural '97 season) I'd say the 'not pathetic' bar is set pretty low, now isn't it? 

Always with the negative waves, Wooly, always with the negative waves.

5194087_std.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

I voted "other" in favor of Trenton Williams, who has largely been ignored on this board, but whom I think is actually the best QB we have.

Forgoing a smartass comment here, I'm assuming you mean Trent Miller .... It would have been nice to have seen him play more than a series on Saturday. For what he was asked to do, looked okay, but I've got to assume if the coaches saw anything with him he would have played more.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

WV is missing a QB...we've already got two (like 'em or not, that's what the program says). WVU has QB's on their roster as well

WV plays Texas, Oklahoma & Oklahoma State...we play Houston, Cincinnati and Uconn. and we will play Miami, Michigan State, Rutgers, Louisville, Michigan State, NC State, etc

WV could play in a 'BCS/P(5)' bowl whereas we - assuming end up conference champions -  could be in Memphis. We have an AQ BCS bid next year

WV is coming off it's worst year since '01 with a winning season of 7-6...we are coming off our worst season in history, a losing season of 3-9. We are also in a league where he could put up better numbers and face easier defenses than in the B12.

Assuming he has designs on post-college playing, I would lean towards WV. I don't know how much of an impact he would make at USF in his

one year of play and as is always the case, I don't think geography means that much to someone who's already been away from home.

We also play Mich St

Wooly, for a donor you are always negative as ****.

Just for clarification, criticizing (for lack of a better word) USF is being negative as **** while criticizing USF personnel is not?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

I voted "other" in favor of Trenton Williams, who has largely been ignored on this board, but whom I think is actually the best QB we have.

Forgoing a smartass comment here, I'm assuming you mean Trent Miller .... It would have been nice to have seen him play more than a series on Saturday. For what he was asked to do, looked okay, but I've got to assume if the coaches saw anything with him he would have played more.

Might just be that Willie T wanted to give both Eveld and Floyd the maximum time to demonstrate their capabilities…before moving on…

Like in a court room when the judge gives the loosing council extra leeway in a court proceeding before ruling thus avoiding a appeal…

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

It's funny how at the beginning of this thread the idea of getting Clint Trickett to transfer seemed to be met with some derision, with Trickett being a guy that only got into FSU because his daddy was a coach. Now he's actually transferring, you've got Big Ten, Big 12, ACC and SEC schools interested in him, and he's the potential savior of the USF program.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It's funny how at the beginning of this thread the idea of getting Clint Trickett to transfer seemed to be met with some derision, with Trickett being a guy that only got into FSU because his daddy was a coach. Now he's actually transferring, you've got Big Ten, Big 12, ACC and SEC schools interested in him, and he's the potential savior of the USF program.

Only if he comes here. If he picks another school, he's garbage and Mike White is 10x better than he'll ever be.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Cal quarterback Allan Bridgford tweets that's he's leaving...

He wants to play and is pro stytle QB....  thoughts???

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

Cal quarterback Allan Bridgford tweets that's he's leaving...

He wants to play and is pro stytle QB....  thoughts???

Go Bulls

of course take him

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I look at our new offensive system, and how's it's developed QBs at the cfb and nfl level

Kapernick

Luck

Smith

I'd pick us over the air raid

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Just to refresh some peoples memories...(I'm unembedding these so that you can click and go directly to the exact right time stamp).

That's about a 61 to 62 yard throw thru the air by Trickett as a bean pole freshman. Many NFL QBs can't even throw that far in a distance throw setting with no pads on and a full run up. He did this after rolling left, throwing back to his right, and hits the receiver with low trajectory in stride. Pretty awesome. One throw does not make a quarterback great by any means but it does stand as one of the slickest throws I've seen in all my time and all the tens of thousands of throws I've evaluated from QBs. I just think it's a cool throw. I love watching it.

Another really slick throw right there, rolling left and hitting a guy in stride deep down the field. Honestly, can anyone imagine Eveld or even Floyd making a play like that?

Yet another slick throw, rolling right this time. Camera got fooled by the fake. But would you look at the placement of that ball? Too often you hear talking heads use the term "where only the receiver can get it". Probably half the time the term is used to describe an over throw or otherwise poorly placed ball. Not here. This was truly placed in a small button window in the back corner of the end zone where if anyone was going to get it, it was the receiver and nobody else.

Individual throws like that don't make a quarterback great. They show you the top line potential.

But the guy is a coach's son and was recruited by Willie T at Stanford, which tells me a lot. It tells me a lot that Jim Harbaugh signed off on offering the guy a scholarship. For me that goes a long way in alleviating fears that he's a single-play kind of guy that can't digest or run an offense. From there you've just got to see how the guy handles pressure and whether he's consistent in his accuracy.

The quarterbacks that USF seems to be going hard for in 2014, Chase Litton, Sean White and Tyler Harris...I like those guys. I think they've got the right idea recruiting those guys. I don't feel like I'm easy on quarterbacks when it comes to guys I like and I don't like, maybe I am, I don't know..but I've been plain that Mike White doesn't stand out to me in particular. I think USF may have been kind of handcuffed in their efforts for 2013 so I can forgive it. But those other three, they'll be getting calls from bigger schools but I like that USF is going after them anyway. Go for the best that you see on tape. It lends even more credence to Trickett though because the same guy with those high standards went hard for Trickett at Stanford.

Hopefully Trickett picks USF. The evidence seems to be good in their favor. I think an underrated aspect in all this is the fact that USF actually has some weapons to throw to. People with a keen eye for talent will have noticed the presence of guys like Andre Davis and Sean Price. Those are guys that belong in bigger conferences. I think Davario Montgomery has the potential to be similar. And Deonte Welch has the potential to be sort of your reliable safety valve over the middle.

Edited by ckparrothead