2013 FB Kennard Swanson Lake Gibson

Mama_Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Wait up on the cheers for a bit, Bulls.

I asked Greg directly about Swanson, and Greg said he would check into it. That was during the last live chat.

(The crystal ball says, "check back later.")

I'm sure we'd have heard something by now. 1 month before freshman report and HS classes have ended for seniors.

You mean unlike when the day classes started Kamran Joyer was rejected?  Until their butts are in a classroom seat I'm not believing it.

If his test scores are ok then I feel good about it.

His coach is mentoring him and showing him the opportunity he has open to him..Some times it just takes  one spark to ignite the fire.....Sounds like he is hitting th books..

Just remeber the movie THE BLIND SIDE...It can happen with dedication and drive..

Go Bulls

Kennard Swanson went both ways last year..

Lake Gibson landed five players on the Class 6A team, including first-team selection Kennard Swanson on the defensive line. The 6-foot, 250-pound senior recorded 61 tackles with 11 sacks while helping the Braves to the District 10 championship and a 10-1 season....

So he can hit and hit hard..

on his running attemps  not many but averaged 5,6 yards...

He can block and  run  6,0' 250 lbs...Looks like a athlete and  versitle...IMO he will be a big asset to USF..

Go Bulls      

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Days Won:  0

Looks like a stud !    I know he's been either a FB or DL and  but he looks like he'd be a really good middle linebacker (although maybe slightly short).

Just thought I would post some stats from last year...
remember he played both ways

RUSHING

GP ATT YDS AVG TD LONG

Tyler Brown          11 208 1203 5.8    12    70

Thomas Boles       11 24   270 11.3    4     61

Kennard Swanson 11 21 107     5.1    2     9

DEFENSIVE

GP TCKL AST TOTAL TFL SACK INT FF FR PBU BL K

Demetrius Brown         11     62     40      102    6       4        2    5    1  

Anthony Green             11     53     21        74   19      8             1     1     2  

Kennard Swanson        11     46     26        63   12     10                   1              1

TOUCHDOWNS  

GP RUSH REC PAT FG 2 PT SFTY TOTAL

Tyler Brown        11     12                                                72

Eric Carter          11       1      9                                        60

Jordan Smith       11              9                                        54

Trey Congdon     11       6                                               36

Thomas Boles      11      4                                               24

Logan Johnson    11             20     1                                23

Beckly Njoh          6              12      3                                 21

Kennard Swanson 11      2                                 1     2     18

So look at the talent... 21 carries 5.1 avg with two td's   think about physical conditioning..
on defense 10 sacks in 11 games a fumble recovery and a blocked punt...

look at his 46 tackles ... 12 thrown for a loss

This guy is a power house...I can't find stats on speed...He sure looks like power runner to me.

If there is no hole he will make one...

Can't wait till fall...

Go Bulls

Edited by bull-71

Here is the link.. cold not get in on time

http://lakegibsonfootball.com/statistics

Go Bulls

Looking for a Halleluja Amen on Kennard Swanson making Academic requirements and the ADHD card if needed for him with the Academic comittee...

Please make an exception if it is close...Thanks in advance for giving him and USF a chance..

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I see Cousin Ricky mention Kamran Joyer in this thread, and I agree with his assessment. Until he gets by that admissions committee, I'm not believing that he'll be a Bull. I got my hopes up with Waverly Austin last year, and we all know how that one turned out for men's basketball.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

not saying I disagree, but wasn't there some supposedly fishy grade adjustments that raised the red flag with joyer?

Edited by 2000bull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

not saying I disagree, but wasn't there some supposedly fishy grade adjustments that raised the red flag with joyer?

The scoop at the time per Greg ....

Wesley Chapel center Kamran Joyer, who signed with USF in February, has asked for and been granted a release from his scholarship with the Bulls after uncertainty as to whether he'd be accepted academically, his father Jack said Monday afternoon.

Joyer, who has been cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse, had agreed to take two courses at Hillsborough Community College this summer, then go before the academic committee that reviews incoming athletes at USF in August.

But Jack Joyer said Monday he received an e-mail from Jason Linders, USF's academic advisor for football, warning him that even if Joyer completed the two HCC classes with high grades, he wasn't guaranteed to be accepted into USF.

The issue, his father said, relates to the practice of "grade forgiveness," as Joyer re-took four classes online to improve the grades he earned in the classroom. Doing so allowed him to meet the NCAA minimum requirements -- his father said he has a 2.59 grade-point average and an 870 on the SAT -- but Joyer was told that USF would weigh the original grades when considering whether to admit him for fall classes.

Rather than face that uncertainty, Joyer asked for and was given his release by USF coach Jim Leavitt, freeing him up to sign with another program where he can be assured of getting into school. Jack Joyer did not name any specific schools Monday, but said last week he was aware that Michigan and Tennessee had scholarships available.

USF's coaches had anticipated some attrition from signing day, when 29 players signed with the Bulls, four over the NCAA limit for one class. Joyer is the sixth signee not expected to be in school this fall -- defensive tackle Khyri Thornton was not admitted and has signed with Southern Miss, safety Kevin Williams did not pass enough junior-college classes to be admitted, running back Adaris Bellamy is headed to prep school in Virginia and tight end Gerard Atkins and safety Ivan Nicholas have not been cleared and are expected to grayshirt or defer enrollment until January.

Even without those six signees, USF is believed to be at the NCAA's overall limit of 85 scholarships, unless other returning players do not stay with the program as expected

http://ec2-54-243-185-146.compute-1.amazonaws.com/blogs/bulls/content/signee-joyer-gets-release-after-academic-issues/2078395

Academic Review Committee Kennard Swanson..

Joyer, who has been cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse, had agreed to take two courses at Hillsborough Community College this summer, then go before the academic committee that reviews incoming athletes at USF in August

Is Kennard Swanson on the same time line and we will have to wait untill August???

Thanks in advance

Go Bulls