New Stadium

cmsnow84

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

People seem to want an OCS to give more of a college feel to games 

Friday September 28, 2007...Raymond James Stadium.............The college game feel doesn't get any better than that!!

WRONG!! Go to an FSUvsUF game in Tally or Gainesville, go to a FSU vs UM game in Tally. The atmosphere is OK at Ray Jay, I had a blast tailgating in the BB lot this past season, but to say that the night of the WVU game doesn't get any better is just flat out wrong.

I agree. I've been on the field and in the stands at USF games and FSU games (and in the stands at UF games) and unfortunately for us we haven't gotten to the level of UF and FSU in terms of atmosphere. Miami games were a lot of fun in the Orange Bowl in the late 90s/early 2000s, but of course not the case anymore. We'll get there one of these days, though!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

People seem to want an OCS to give more of a college feel to games 

Friday September 28, 2007...Raymond James Stadium.............The college game feel doesn't get any better than that!!

WRONG!! Go to an FSUvsUF game in Tally or Gainesville, go to a FSU vs UM game in Tally. The atmosphere is OK at Ray Jay, I had a blast tailgating in the BB lot this past season, but to say that the night of the WVU game doesn't get any better is just flat out wrong.

You're entitled to your opinon, as I am mine...but it seems your heart is is in Tally.

Yes, I think that the game day atmosphere in Tally and Gainseville is better than Ray Jay, so my heart is in Tally. Say what you want. Even though I don't have anything to prove I'll say this: next year will be our 10th year with football season tickets, will be our 3rd year with soccer season tickets, we donate well over what we have to to keep our seats. Yeah, I'd say my heart is in Tally.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  2,277

Some of you might not have heard or others forgot, but Ray Jay is supposed to be getting some upgrades this year.  They're supposed to be putting in new jumbotrons and replacing the sound system among other things.  I know this doesn't have much to do with the OCS topic but I thought I'd throw that out there...

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I wasn't at the 2007 WVU game, but as someone who has been to Michigan, Ohio State, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Etc, I've never seen USF match those gameday experiences. That's not a slight. For one, we've played very few big time home games. Second, our fanbase is small. a good portion of the people that come to our games are casual walkups. Taking the kids or just getting out of the house. They don't get into the game as much as some do. Because of the lack of tickets at bigger schools, you really dot get those fans as much. Finally, the pro stadium. Like it or not, it's cavernous, and we've rarely drawn crowds to set that giant feel.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

That's basically the kind of basements you see in GA too, slick. Why you would argue this point when your scoff at in-ground stadiums in FL was refuted is beyond me.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

That's basically the kind of basements you see in GA too, slick. Why you would argue this point when your scoff at in-ground stadiums in FL was refuted is beyond me.

How could anyone question Slick's and his Florida construction expert source?

About Kittipong Unparsert

Fusion is a Part-Time author and internet marketer living in NewYork. Fusion is a up and coming affiliate marketer who likes to write articles on affiliate marketing. When Fusion writes useful articles and post it on the internet.

http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Kittipong_Unparsert

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I've seen many totally below ground basements in GA. And with you disagreeing with just about everything I post, why you don't have me on ignore is beyond me.  Its under Profile Settings. Do both of us a favor...please.

Of course there are some in-ground basements in GA, but mine is like the FL basement you pictured, as are most of the basements I my area, since there are many hills and sloped yards.

If I ignored everyone I disagreed with on a regular basis, this site would look like a ghost town to me. So off ignore you remain ... But feel free to ignore me if I bother you so much, otherwise quit yet bitchin' and give up your incessant need to respond to everything someone says to you.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Once everyone learns that slick is always right, this place will become boring.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  491

smiley-face.jpg

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165

Im all for RJS but they need to make it less bucs themed and more neutral.. im a diehard bucs fan but they gotta blow up that pirate ship and village. Not just to make it better for usf games but for all the bowl games it hosts. Swap the permanent bucs decor with digital signage that can change for all the events