Weiner Stays at Plant

Brad

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

Mviusa, you joke about that...but you'd be surprised at how powerful and connected that South Tampa community is. It wouldn't shock me at all to hear that they played a role in bringing him back. That area has no love for USF.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wasn't joking!!!

sorry but south tampa people that are influential don't send their kids to plant.

That is pure unadulterated BS. There are people that live in flippin' Avila that send their kids to Plant. You know a lot of stuff, this is not one of them. I'm often in South Tampa, and 99.9% of the collegiate plates are UF or FSU. Plant's parking lot is filled with cars that I may never be able to afford.

----------

I'm sure he'll come back with the snarky "Avila is not in South Tampa" .... Bottom line is that that there ARE Plant parents that are influential .... whether that came into play here is another question, but I wouldn't be surprised .... as a Robinson Knight, the hire made me a little uncomfortable to begin with.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Many people buy in the Plant district, and send there kids private... true, but they like the area, and the values they give the house's buy saying they live in the "Plant" district...

tough to read but it's the houses they buy and the property taxes they pay that give Plant it's value. not the other way around. it's not a nice area because of plant. plant is a good school because it's a nice area.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,503
  • Days Won:  0

Weiner Stiffs Bulls

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

Absolute killer.  I could've swore this was a joke when I saw the headline.  Man, I'm sick.  If you have that serious of doubts, you don't accept.  I don't get this at all.  Kids come and go at HS just like anywhere and if things didn't work out at USF, he would've EASILY been able to get about any hs he wanted in the area.  Wasn't like he was moving out of state!  Don't see how you turn this down to stay in HIGH SCHOOL! 

what happens if he is fired in 3 years? it's not like he signs a lifetime contract with USF. he pretty much has that at plant.

Bull, I don't think you read the entire post or missed the point where is said, "if things didn't work out at USF, he would've EASILY been able to get about any hs he wanted in the area!  Wasn't like he was moving out of state!"

With his resume in the area, he could've gotten canned after year 1 and you don't think Plant would've taken him back?  Or any one of Plant's rivals?  The move to USF he wasn't even going to have to sell his house so not like things would've changed much.  He wasn't being asked to move to California or something.  Absolutely stunned by this move.

Mviusa, you joke about that...but you'd be surprised at how powerful and connected that South Tampa community is. It wouldn't shock me at all to hear that they played a role in bringing him back. That area has no love for USF.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wasn't joking!!!

sorry but south tampa people that are influential don't send their kids to plant.

That is pure unadulterated BS. There are people that live in flippin' Avila that send their kids to Plant. You know a lot of stuff, this is not one of them. I'm often in South Tampa, and 99.9% of the collegiate plates are UF or FSU. Plant's parking lot is filled with cars that I may never be able to afford.

----------

I'm sure he'll come back with the snarky "Avila is not in South Tampa" .... Bottom line is that that there ARE Plant parents that are influential .... whether that came into play here is another question, but I wouldn't be surprised .... as a Robinson Knight, the hire made me a little uncomfortable to begin with.

not sure what avila has to do with anything but I'm sure there are influential people there as well. I'm with you trip. not sure what kind of influence they are talking about.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Absolute killer.  I could've swore this was a joke when I saw the headline.  Man, I'm sick.  If you have that serious of doubts, you don't accept.  I don't get this at all.  Kids come and go at HS just like anywhere and if things didn't work out at USF, he would've EASILY been able to get about any hs he wanted in the area.  Wasn't like he was moving out of state!  Don't see how you turn this down to stay in HIGH SCHOOL! 

what happens if he is fired in 3 years? it's not like he signs a lifetime contract with USF. he pretty much has that at plant.

Bull, I don't think you read the entire post or missed the point where is said, "if things didn't work out at USF, he would've EASILY been able to get about any hs he wanted in the area!  Wasn't like he was moving out of state!"

With his resume in the area, he could've gotten canned after year 1 and you don't think Plant would've taken him back?  Or any one of Plant's rivals?  The move to USF he wasn't even going to have to sell his house so not like things would've changed much.  He wasn't being asked to move to California or something.  Absolutely stunned by this move.

sorry. you're right . he could still get a local high school job. still don't think he walks into another job so easily if he is fired though.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

Bull, if you were a principle at a local high school, what are the odds that your coach has won like Weiner has?  How many coaches in Tampa can claim the run he has?  If anything, a cup of coffee at the college level, even if fired would ENHANCE his resume bc all likelihood if he was fired, it would be a result of the head coach being fired which isn't always a direct reflection on a WR's coach. 

There's very few people who can say they've had the success Weiner has had in hs football and that pretty much makes him the Saban of hs football.  Didn't hurt Saban when he failed at Miami did it?  Why?  Bc Bama knew he had been successful at the college level and paid big bucks to get him.  No way, any hs in the state wouldn't jump at a chance to give him the reigns ff he was available due to his past record of success.  Shoot, Plant would probably take him back bc whoever took over would've been viewed as a failure in that 2-3 year period unless they won a title every year since he left with "weiner's kids" so to speak.

Anyway, I'm done wasting time on it.  Disappointing, but hopefully everything went down with class and who knows, maybe this helps him steer kids there out of some sort of guilty, I don't know.  In the end, Taggart has plenty of street cred locally to get the job done.  Maybe there's a "weiner" in an area we have no influence, that would be pretty powerful.