Weiner Stays at Plant

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If there was any "influencing" done, ie $$$$, it wasn't to screw USF, it was strictly to keep Weiner ... They probably raised his recruiting budget.

-------------------------

Exactly.  I can't believe the board is melting down over a high school coach that was briefly going to be a position coach.  

The funny part is the posters on here melting down, and criticizing Weiner for being impulsive.  Talk about irony.  

-------------------

I'm not melting down but I think it was a **** move for him to do it. Unless CWT forced him to make a decision on the spot, you take whatever time you can to make a life move like this and be **** sure when you commit to it.

----------

This ...

This situation is:

Great for Weiner from a PR standpoint - he has even more cred now that a university had offered him a job and I'm thinking he's probably getting something in return for staying.

Bad for USF from a PR standpoint - we get rejected by a HS coach and it's just one more injection of medicine in the ass that we're having difficulty hiring coaches and/or changing conferences. It's piss poor perception of USF.

Guys like Bull94 and Data seem to be in denial about the latter or at best, overlooking it.

-----------

perhaps the guy just loves his job. made the mistake of taking another job then had second thoughts. unbelievable that some of you think it's more than that.

--------

Nowhere have I said Weiner's a bad guy. I don't think he set out to hurt USF. If you think I'm saying otherwise, I apologize if I'm leading you in that direction.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

-------We didn't get rejected. He accepted, worked for one day and quit.

-------

If you don't think THAT is tantamount to a rejection, I'm not sure what else to say to you.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

If there was any "influencing" done, ie $$$$, it wasn't to screw USF, it was strictly to keep Weiner ... They probably raised his recruiting budget.

-------------------------

Exactly.  I can't believe the board is melting down over a high school coach that was briefly going to be a position coach.  

The funny part is the posters on here melting down, and criticizing Weiner for being impulsive.  Talk about irony.  

-------------------

I'm not melting down but I think it was a **** move for him to do it. Unless CWT forced him to make a decision on the spot, you take whatever time you can to make a life move like this and be **** sure when you commit to it.

----------

This ...

This situation is:

Great for Weiner from a PR standpoint - he has even more cred now that a university had offered him a job and I'm thinking he's probably getting something in return for staying.

Bad for USF from a PR standpoint - we get rejected by a HS coach and it's just one more injection of medicine in the ass that we're having difficulty hiring coaches and/or changing conferences. It's piss poor perception of USF.

Guys like Bull94 and Data seem to be in denial about the latter or at best, overlooking it.

-----------

perhaps the guy just loves his job. made the mistake of taking another job then had second thoughts. unbelievable that some of you think it's more than that.

--------

Nowhere have I said Weiner's a bad guy. I don't think he set out to hurt USF. If you think I'm saying otherwise, I apologize if I'm leading you in that direction.

personally I don't think it was great PR for him. look at the reaction here. second he gets paid as an english teacher and gets a small stipend to coach football. he didn't get some guaranteed contract with a raise for staying.

I also don't think it reflects badly on USF. I actually thinks it says alot about the type of guys we're offering. someone willing to give up a great college job to keep one that he loves. I would much rather a guy like that than one that texts his players that he is leaving and never sees them again.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Story on the front page of http://www.tampabay.com/ 

Embarrassing.

• Topic Count:  1,043
  • Content Count:  7,613
  • Days Won:  10

Guys, this is not a bad thing.  I like having someone in our corner coaching an elite area HS team who can be an advocate for our program there for the long run.  He obviously likes the program and CWT, or he wouldn't have made this short-lived decision.

Edited by Ricky the Bull

Guys, this is not a bad thing.  I like having someone in our corner coaching an elite area HS team who can be an advocate for our program there for the long run.  He obviously likes the program and CWT, or he wouldn't have made this short-lived decision.

You could just as easily look at this the other way around as well -- obviously he doesn't like the program and CWT that much or he wouldn't have changed his mind.

You could just as easily look at this the other way around as well -- obviously he doesn't like the program and CWT that much or he wouldn't have changed his mind.

he would never have taken or even interviewed for the job if he didn't like the program or CWT.

it's amazing, with all the dirtbags involved in college coaching, that our fans are complaining because this guy decided his high school job and players meant so much to him that he couldn't just give up his job. wow. I'm sure you'd much rather he text his players or leave a note in their locker or tell them he was staying only to see his press conference on tv.

he would never have taken or even interviewed for the job if he didn't like the program or CWT.

it's amazing, with all the dirtbags involved in college coaching, that our fans are complaining because this guy decided his high school job and players meant so much to him that he couldn't just give up his job. wow. I'm sure you'd much rather he text his players or leave a note in their locker or tell them he was staying only to see his press conference on tv.

Dude you are arguing against a straw man.  Nobody is complaining that Weiner wants to stay at Plant.  Those who are unhappy are complaining because of his backing out after it was publicized and heralded locally.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

That's not the case.... Weiner and the coach from Strawberry Crest were the only two HS coaches to attend CWT's into presser.

Dude you are arguing against a straw man.  Nobody is complaining that Weiner wants to stay at Plant.  Those who are unhappy are complaining because of his backing out after it was publicized and heralded locally.

so you're complaining that he is GOING BACK to plant? guy made a mistake in taking the job. realized it then corrected it. big deal.