Football Uniform changes coming in 2013

KB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I was really hoping that for the Senior Game we went to gold helmet, green jersey and green pants. Just like the old days. Uniforms are a big part of tradition. It would be nice to see some consistency. NO GOLD PANTS!!!

Gold is one of our schools colors. Agree that green pants should be worn with the green jersey, but the gold pants should not be taken away. Wear them on the road.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I was really hoping that for the Senior Game we went to gold helmet, green jersey and green pants. Just like the old days. Uniforms are a big part of tradition. It would be nice to see some consistency. NO GOLD PANTS!!!

Gold is one of our schools colors. Agree that green pants should be worn with the green jersey, but the gold pants should not be taken away. Wear them on the road.

I'm not huge of wearing gold pants on the road because we have to wear white jerseys, and no matter the helmet, we end up looking like another school that is white/gold or something.

Add a green stripe to the gold pants, and they could be a cool item they keep for special occasions, kinda like the Nebraska Blackshirts or something. I still think all green at home works the best, encourages the green out theme, and gives us a consistent home thing we can be proud of. Plus the all green is darker and more menacing than white and gold stuff. Watching videos of JPP and Selvie and others wearing all green (gold or green helmet is fine) just looks so awesome.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,556
  • Days Won:  19

I'm not huge of wearing gold pants on the road because we have to wear white jerseys, and no matter the helmet, we end up looking like another school that is white/gold or something.

Add a green stripe to the gold pants, and they could be a cool item they keep for special occasions, kinda like the Nebraska Blackshirts or something. I still think all green at home works the best, encourages the green out theme, and gives us a consistent home thing we can be proud of. Plus the all green is darker and more menacing than white and gold stuff. Watching videos of JPP and Selvie and others wearing all green (gold or green helmet is fine) just looks so awesome.

Pretty sure Nebraska has never worn blackshirts ... those are practice jerseys that are given to defensive players as an honor for their toughness (and have to be earned) ... but not a game jersey.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,556
  • Days Won:  19

Pretty sure Nebraska has never worn blackshirts ... those are practice jerseys that are given to defensive players as an honor for their toughness (and have to be earned) ... but not a game jersey.

Let me correct myself, those are practice gear for the first team defense. They ended the tradition in a couple of the lean years, but have brought it back. Still pretty sure they have never worn black in the last 50 years (can't comment on what they might have worn 80-100 years ago.)

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Let me correct myself, those are practice gear for the first team defense. They ended the tradition in a couple of the lean years, but have brought it back. Still pretty sure they have never worn black in the last 50 years (can't comment on what they might have worn 80-100 years ago.)

I could have sworn I saw them in at least one game last year.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,292
  • Days Won:  490

That may have been 65 years ago. Even Mike seems a little foggy about that era.

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

While sitting here watching Ohio today, I would not be at all mad if we made our green helmets matte textured/colored.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

While sitting here watching Ohio today, I would not be at all mad if we made our green helmets matte textured/colored.

Agreed, I think they're pretty neat as well. We could also do what Cincy did last night and auction those cool looking helmets off to support the athletic dept.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Clarifying myself, I know NE has never worn blackshirts during a game. I meant to say use our gold pants as a similar incentive, but it would be an all or nothing for the team deal since we can't have just a defense with gold pants. Make it so that the team as a whole can earn the right to wear em lol

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

For those of you who think "cool" uniforms don't matter, it matters plenty to recruits:

Nate Godwin â€@Nate_Godwin2

These uniforms so tough ! Can't wait to wear these next year ! #USFhttp://instagr.am/p/TyhuEiuhp3/

Edited by Hem