Why No Love For Men's Basketball Tonight?

USFBulls12

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Lol at people trying to reason with dwowarp (HeldAccountbull). That guy would ***** and moan if he won the lottery - it wouldn't be enough money for him.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just read through the thread ... Epic. Congrats to the Bulls on the win and thanks to everyone for the updates. Hopefully USF will play up to their opponent when conference play starts.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,144
  • Days Won:  109

Almost walked out of the game when we were down by 7 in regulation. The guy from the other couple said, "Let's stay til the end, you never know". Well, we got an extra hour's worth of basketball and "lights out" for our money.

So much happened in that game but it was clear that Rudd and their Crawford were the two best players for that game. They were the last guys in their respective lines for handshakes after the game and hugged it out when they got to each other. They knew.

Collins seemed to make his mistakes in bunches which gave the impression that he had more than he did. But we only had 10 turnovers for the entire 55 minutes. It just seemed when AC penetrated that they had a big there that he couldn't shoot over. A few times he just threw the ball up there with a wish and a prayer.

I didn't even see Javonte Hawkins on the bench. What's up with him? And also wondered what is going on with Poland. He didn't get much playing time on Tuesday and even less, especially in the 1st half, last night. Musa A A looks lost out there right now. If he can't get meaningful minutes against Bowling Green, not sure how Stan is going to work him into the rotation. Not that he is a savior, but would like to see Noriega get healthy. There were some open 3's to be had out there last night.

A win is a win. Just not used to being at a BB game for 3 hours. If we had lost that game after the lights went out it would have been attributed to the Sun Dome. I believe Poland makes that free throw if he doesn't get 20 minutes to think about it.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,595
  • Days Won:  3

For a small comparison, at this time last year, 7-5, about to lose to Southern Miss with 3 bad losses already on our resume.

It's still early, and a win is a win.

This team may have a better record than last year's at this point but I still don't think they come close to last year's success in conference .... hope I'm wrong. The GMU and UCF games will give us a better gauge as to where we are heading into conf play ...

I'm just saying, we really don't know yet. If I would've told you at this point last season we'd make it to the third round of the NCAA tourny, I would've laughed my head off.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

For a small comparison, at this time last year, 7-5, about to lose to Southern Miss with 3 bad losses already on our resume.

It's still early, and a win is a win.

This team may have a better record than last year's at this point but I still don't think they come close to last year's success in conference .... hope I'm wrong. The GMU and UCF games will give us a better gauge as to where we are heading into conf play ...

I'm just saying, we really don't know yet. If I would've told you at this point last season we'd make it to the third round of the NCAA tourny, I would've laughed my head off.

Very true .... but if we get anywhere near where we finished last year, with the huge hole at the #5, Stan should get BE COY again.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Almost walked out of the game when we were down by 7 in regulation. The guy from the other couple said, "Let's stay til the end, you never know". Well, we got an extra hour's worth of basketball and "lights out" for our money.

So much happened in that game but it was clear that Rudd and their Crawford were the two best players for that game. They were the last guys in their respective lines for handshakes after the game and hugged it out when they got to each other. They knew.

Collins seemed to make his mistakes in bunches which gave the impression that he had more than he did. But we only had 10 turnovers for the entire 55 minutes. It just seemed when AC penetrated that they had a big there that he couldn't shoot over. A few times he just threw the ball up there with a wish and a prayer.

I didn't even see Javonte Hawkins on the bench. What's up with him? And also wondered what is going on with Poland. He didn't get much playing time on Tuesday and even less, especially in the 1st half, last night. Musa A A looks lost out there right now. If he can't get meaningful minutes against Bowling Green, not sure how Stan is going to work him into the rotation. Not that he is a savior, but would like to see Noriega get healthy. There were some open 3's to be had out there last night.

A win is a win. Just not used to being at a BB game for 3 hours. If we had lost that game after the lights went out it would have been attributed to the Sun Dome. I believe Poland makes that free throw if he doesn't get 20 minutes to think about it.

I did. Mad as hell, too. As I was loading the scooters into the truck, I heard the roar. Looked at Mrs. S and said, "OT". We listened to the rest on the radio. Should have known.

I did that once before. 34 years ago. 1978, Kansas - Kentucky at Rupp Areana. Kansas leads by 6 with 10 seconds to go. Timeout by Kentucky and I decide to leave thinking the game was over. Cats tie the game with no time on the clock and go on to win it in OT. Until tonight, I had not left any game early since then, except the UC game a few weeks ago in Cincinnati.

Edited by swamprat

Sorry guys. We have Joe Smith covering, so we'll have coverage up later after game's over ...

Be sure and thank your bosses for sending you to that snoozefest at the Trop ...

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Lol at people trying to reason with dwowarp (HeldAccountbull). That guy would ***** and moan if he won the lottery - it wouldn't be enough money for him.

Clown.

Edited by Held_AccountaBull

Clown.

In your defense, I don't think you'd do that ...... The Lottery doesn't have a message board that I know of.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

Clown.

In your defense, I don't think you'd do that ...... The Lottery doesn't have a message board that I know of.

Lol!