Willie Taggart

cmhatter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

Greg Aumanâ€@gregauman

Strangely, WKU AD Todd Stewart says he has not talked to USF, and spent last night with Willie Taggart at NFF dinner and other functions.

Twitter is a dangerous thing. Lots of conflicting "Sources."

I trust Greg more than anyone though. He actually makes phone calls instead of getting things second hand.

what the AD said could be true and we still may have talked with taggart.

Greg Aumanâ€@gregauman

WKU AD Todd Stewart said he has understanding with Willie Taggart that coach would tell him if any interviews took place ... and he hasn't.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,048
  • Days Won:  2

Greg Aumanâ€@gregauman

Strangely, WKU AD Todd Stewart says he has not talked to USF, and spent last night with Willie Taggart at NFF dinner and other functions.

I trust Greg more than anyone though. He actually makes phone calls instead of getting things second hand.

Definitely trust GA. He tends to stay away from rumors unless he has his own trustworthy source.

Edited by gibbsak

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  38

EDIT: Sorry didn't see the new head coaching forum area. MODZ please move if appropiate. Sorry.

So Taggart appears to be a serious candidate (people have confirmed in the press that USF have contacted them as a reference). So I'd like to know more about the (press) front-runner.

Here is what I have learned from around 100 articles/MB posts on Taggart:

1) He'd be great at recruiting Florida.

2) See point 1.

This is unquestionably very important. However I have some other questions:

Does he know when to call timeouts? Or, in a less one last dig at Holtz phrased question: Where does he fall on the game manager spectrum? Closer to Andy Reid or closer to Belichik?

Have anyone ever watched WKU or spoken to their fans? What is the general offensive/defensive strategy? Does he call plays or does he have a play calling OC and DC?

Are we stuck with his assistants (not that they are good or bad -- I have no idea -- but as a rule I would rather poach some talent rather than have whomever he managed to get as an assistant at WKU come here ... might be an unfair assumption on my part) or would there be room (assuming there is room in the budget and/or ability to attract someone to the role) to get a OC/DC from elsewhere? (I realize this is perhaps difficult to know but perhaps he recently had a DC leave so he might not be attached to them v. "oh yeah he's had the same assistants the entire time he's been a coach and they are all probably coming along.")

Is he the type to think "outside the box" (cliché I know) or he is a more traditional football thinker? Does he "take the three points here" or does he think "going for it on fourth has an expected value of 3.7 points v. 3 for the FG so I will go for it from here."

post-5806-8619_thumb.jpg

Edited by njligernj

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Days Won:  14

Greg Aumanâ€@gregauman

WKU AD Todd Stewart said he has understanding with Willie Taggart that coach would tell him if any interviews took place ... and he hasn't.

Only and last theory is that Willis hasn't told him yet... Willie is supposed to be back on campus at 5 today for bowl practice. Could be waiting to tell him in person? If not, whatever. On to Morris/Quinn/Coley

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  60

Greg Aumanâ€@gregauman

Or, the AD does not want to cause any panic with the fanbase yet; even though Twitter is already doing it. I am sure the AD is wanting to ensure that the fans buy tickets to their bowl game. It is also probably fitting to have Willie coach (since he is an alum who got them there) the bowl game.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Greg Aumanâ€@gregauman

see this is why i'm starting to think we are not getting Willie and/or Woolard does not want him.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  692

Willie would be a great hire. He's turned WKU into a bowl team and conference championship contender. They were and FCS/0-win FBS team just a few years ago.

As for recruiting, USF would have have a much better chance landing guys like Ace Sanders (South Carolina WR), Brian Poole (UF CB), Cord Sandberg (4-Star Mississippi State Commit QB), Johnathan Dowling (WKU CB, former UF/top 10 prospect), Quenton Bundrage (ISU WR), Derrick Calloway (4-Star 2012 DT), Demarcus Christmas (Projected 4/5-Star 2013 FSU Commit DT), and maybe even Trey Burton (UF ATH).

And Brion Carnes (Nebraska QB who committed to USF in his SO/JR year of HS only to have Skip take it away) would make our current QB situation look a lot better.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  336

Brett McMurphyâ€@McMurphyESPN

USF has talked w/Willie Taggart & Houston Nutt. Sources said USF did not request permission from WKU

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

USF has talked w/Willie Taggart & Houston Nutt. Sources said USF did not request permission from WKU

Doug not give two shhhhhhhh

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Is this normal procedure? Is this really a problem?

Or is BMM stirring the pot?

I think I just answered my own question. :D