Willie Taggart

cmhatter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

247 Sports lol

247 is great if you're really into recruiting.

They have been very informative with this coaching search as well. Much better than rivals.

• Topic Count:  577
  • Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

rivals is basically dead.

TBP, 247, Scout (usfnation) are the big 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

He's worth the shot. The Harbaugh family has about as high a football IQ as you can get. He's learned from two of them. He could build a PIPELINE of from Manatee HS to USF. Not to mention the other high schools in just the Tampa Bay area. If he just locked down Manatee and Sarasota counties we would be stocked with talent. He would bring smashmouth, defensive football to USF. Bring on Willie, bring back the swagger!!

Listen I think Taggart would be a great hire, and do very well here. But some of you need to quit thinking that he would come in and lockdown the Bay Area. That's just not happening, not with Florida/FSU/and half a dozen other SEC schools milking the area for talent.

you're so negative on USF. he will do tremendously better than holtz when it comes to recruiting the surrounding areas. if we can steal one from each of the big 3 and then steals one that leave for aurburn, clemson,etc then we can build a pretty good roster. the only BCS teams holtz was recruiting against were wake forest, indiana, etc.

So you're one of the ones thinking he will lock down the Bay Area?

no i don't.

That's all Joe was saying.

Joe is constantly denigrating USF. I'm not sure anyone said we would lockdown recruiting and keep uf, fsu, etc out of the area. only that we may be in play for some top recruits like we were when leavitt was here. it always came down to signing day with leavitt where he had guys considering us with miami, uf fsu, clemson, auburn, etc offers. he used to steal one or two. added them to transfers from very good schools and a few juco's. that's no longer the case. look at the offers the kids that sign with us get. wake forest, indiana. very few bcs schools. mostly lower level conference schools.

There are posts talking about WT locking down the area and all Joe said in that particular post is that wouldn't happen ... also said that he thought Taggart would be a great hire and would do very well here. Nothing there denigrating USF .... You're already one the most argumentative posters on this site, now you're having to make up **** to argue about?

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

Greg Aumanâ€@gregauman

Strangely, WKU AD Todd Stewart says he has not talked to USF, and spent last night with Willie Taggart at NFF dinner and other functions.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Days Won:  14

I think it's wise not to get too attached to Taggart. There is a very real possibility that he opts for Wisc, or our AD opts NOT to go with the lower-level-success-story this time and go for a hot coordinator. Just saying.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,048
  • Days Won:  2

Greg Aumanâ€@gregauman

Strangely, WKU AD Todd Stewart says he has not talked to USF, and spent last night with Willie Taggart at NFF dinner and other functions.

Twitter is a dangerous thing. Lots of conflicting "Sources."

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

He's worth the shot. The Harbaugh family has about as high a football IQ as you can get. He's learned from two of them. He could build a PIPELINE of from Manatee HS to USF. Not to mention the other high schools in just the Tampa Bay area. If he just locked down Manatee and Sarasota counties we would be stocked with talent. He would bring smashmouth, defensive football to USF. Bring on Willie, bring back the swagger!!

Listen I think Taggart would be a great hire, and do very well here. But some of you need to quit thinking that he would come in and lockdown the Bay Area. That's just not happening, not with Florida/FSU/and half a dozen other SEC schools milking the area for talent.

you're so negative on USF. he will do tremendously better than holtz when it comes to recruiting the surrounding areas. if we can steal one from each of the big 3 and then steals one that leave for aurburn, clemson,etc then we can build a pretty good roster. the only BCS teams holtz was recruiting against were wake forest, indiana, etc.

So you're one of the ones thinking he will lock down the Bay Area?

no i don't.

That's all Joe was saying.

Joe is constantly denigrating USF. I'm not sure anyone said we would lockdown recruiting and keep uf, fsu, etc out of the area. only that we may be in play for some top recruits like we were when leavitt was here. it always came down to signing day with leavitt where he had guys considering us with miami, uf fsu, clemson, auburn, etc offers. he used to steal one or two. added them to transfers from very good schools and a few juco's. that's no longer the case. look at the offers the kids that sign with us get. wake forest, indiana. very few bcs schools. mostly lower level conference schools.

There are posts talking about WT locking down the area and all Joe said in that particular post is that wouldn't happen ... also said that he thought Taggart would be a great hire and would do very well here. Nothing there denigrating USF .... You're already one the most argumentative posters on this site, now you're having to make up **** to argue about?

Joe constantly talks down USFin everything. whether it's a coaching hire or just about anything else. never thinks were worth squat. said we should be happy getting the quality of coach such as cristobal who was just fired from fiu a sunbelt school. said we shouldn't even bother with taggart early on because he was out of reach for us at lowly usf. it's obvious he didn't get into his beloved uf that he talks so highly of so he takes out his self loathing on usf. it gets old.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

Greg Aumanâ€@gregauman

I trust Greg more than anyone though. He actually makes phone calls instead of getting things second hand.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

Haha, I pay to get my insider scoop. They can be wrong but eh, they've been pretty good so far.

247 Sports lol? or Rivals haha

or since you have only 30 posts and only joined Nov 19 are you secretly Willie Taggart lol?

willie's dad? :D

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Greg Aumanâ€@gregauman

I trust Greg more than anyone though. He actually makes phone calls instead of getting things second hand.

what the AD said could be true and we still may have talked with taggart.