Willie Taggart

cmhatter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

I get all the excitement and that he's hot right now. But give me some numbers. Throw some facts out there. Holtz was a hot commodity back then and I don't wanna fall for that again.

Holtz wasn't a hot commodity. we hired late in the process and he was still available. we had no real competition for him.

And now we know why...

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

He's worth the shot. The Harbaugh family has about as high a football IQ as you can get. He's learned from two of them. He could build a PIPELINE of from Manatee HS to USF. Not to mention the other high schools in just the Tampa Bay area. If he just locked down Manatee and Sarasota counties we would be stocked with talent. He would bring smashmouth, defensive football to USF. Bring on Willie, bring back the swagger!!

Listen I think Taggart would be a great hire, and do very well here. But some of you need to quit thinking that he would come in and lockdown the Bay Area. That's just not happening, not with Florida/FSU/and half a dozen other SEC schools milking the area for talent.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Bruce Feldman â€@BFeldmanCBS

Hearing that Western Kentucky coach Willie Taggart was very impressive in his meetings with USF Tuesday afternoon.

• Topic Count:  577
  • Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

He's worth the shot. The Harbaugh family has about as high a football IQ as you can get. He's learned from two of them. He could build a PIPELINE of from Manatee HS to USF. Not to mention the other high schools in just the Tampa Bay area. If he just locked down Manatee and Sarasota counties we would be stocked with talent. He would bring smashmouth, defensive football to USF. Bring on Willie, bring back the swagger!!

Listen I think Taggart would be a great hire, and do very well here. But some of you need to quit thinking that he would come in and lockdown the Bay Area. That's just not happening, not with Florida/FSU/and half a dozen other SEC schools milking the area for talent.

i dont think people are saying he will 'lock down the area'

rather he already has inroads and can land a few guys we may have missed in the past

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Leon McQuay Jr. â€@Quaydiddy2206

Willie T next USF coach recruiting in Florida will never be the same.

A team like Louisville should have never out recruited us in FL

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

I don't see Taggart being as good of a fit for Wisconsin. I think he can probably recruit anywhere, but his strength is clearly recruiting in Florida. While Wisconsin will go after some FL recruits, that's not their bread and butter. I could see Wisconsin being interested, but Taggart would likely be more interested in returning to the Bay Area.

Being basically endorsed by Jim Harbaugh is a big deal. Same goes for so many of the big name high school coaches in the area talking about him. I think we'd do better at all the Tampa Bay Area high schools with Taggart on board.

I've watched a few videos of the guy too. Love how he interacts with students and fans. He's also great in his press conferences. I'd love going to see him for the weekly coaches show on the radio too. The guy loves to run and knows how important the ground game is, but he just exudes a sense of balance in the game.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I get all the excitement and that he's hot right now. But give me some numbers. Throw some facts out there. Holtz was a hot commodity back then and I don't wanna fall for that again.

Holtz wasn't a hot commodity. we hired late in the process and he was still available. we had no real competition for him.

And now we know why...

This is not true. He was a hot commodity at the time and many people thought is was a very good hire for USF.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Not a lockdown, but I think he has the potential to incrementally grow recruiting and take a player or two each year from one of the Big Two. It doesn't happen overnight, but if the program can get to the point of being strong and consistently showing up in the rankings then we'll land more and more premiere talent from our own area.

A key is that he'd do a better job than Holtz and has the real potential to out recruit Leavitt too.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Bruce Feldman â€@BFeldmanCBS

Hearing that Western Kentucky coach Willie Taggart was very impressive in his meetings with USF Tuesday afternoon.

135452_340.jpg

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,085
  • Days Won:  11

Leon McQuay Jr. â€@Quaydiddy2206

Willie T next USF coach recruiting in Florida will never be the same.

A team like Louisville should have never out recruited us in FL

so does that mean L3 would stay home :D