If this is true I am beyond furious. Demand action now B4 it's too late.

BullsFanInTX

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  2

There is a point in life and a point in every institution that is the critical turning point. That point is now. Am I the only one to see this??

First of all, nobody at UC, Uconn, etc cares whether we are pissed if we get left behind,

Second, if the ACC or Big12 invited us instead of UC or Uconn, we would accept and not care at all what happens to them and rightly so.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

There is a point in life and a point in every institution that is the critical turning point. That point is now. Am I the only one to see this??

I agree. If ACC takes UC, Loisville and Cincy and signs a GOR we are screwed for a lifetime.

I hope the board of trustees also spits fire and the entire coaching staff if axed.

Maybe Holtz can win CUSA 2.0 again. Doug woolards master plan?

What the heck is a GOR?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I agree. If ACC takes UC, Loisville and Cincy and signs a GOR we are screwed for a lifetime.

I hope the board of trustees also spits fire and the entire coaching staff if axed.

What the heck is a GOR?

Guessing Georgetown?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

What the heck is a GOR?

Guessing Georgetown?

grant of rights

big 12 signed a grant of (tv) rights deal that means if you leave the conference then they get whatever tv money you earn for a stipulated period of time.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Again.

The talent isn't that great. We could have done a lot better this year, but there is NOTHING on this team that leads me to believe we are anywhere near top 25 caliber at our peak.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

If the ACC takes UL, UC, and UConn and signs a GOR then USF is in a much better position to get in the B12. They are not going to stay at 10 forever and if FSU and Miami get trapped in the ACC, USF could end up with a better TV deal than both of them.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

If the ACC takes UL, UC, and UConn and signs a GOR then USF is in a much better position to get in the B12. They are not going to stay at 10 forever and if FSU and Miami get trapped in the ACC, USF could end up with a better TV deal than both of them.

This is the worst case for USF and it WONT get a B12 invite. USF's only chance to get a B12 invite is UL does not get in ACC and FSU and Miami both stay (ie UL being 11 and USF being 12) I also only see a 10% chance of UL & USF getting an invite to Big 12 together because it wont get an extra $100 million a year added to the contract for those two and it also makes it harder to dissolve Big 12 prior to GOR running out if Big 12 decided to go that way.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Again.

The talent isn't that great. We could have done a lot better this year, but there is NOTHING on this team that leads me to believe we are anywhere near top 25 caliber at our peak.

Don't think too much about it. "We have the talent to compete with anyone!" and other nonsense of that ilk is like the ultimate cliche of fans of teams stuck in college football loserville. It doesn't make any sense and it never will - what makes the team talented if it isn't an ability to win? What measure are people using to argue that USF is so "talented" then? But this never stops people from repeating this tired mantra.

Skip Holtz sucks, and by proxy so does USF under Holtz, because Holtz can't manage a game AND because he has stocked USF's roster with inferior players. Jim Leavitt was a good but not great coach, but his teams won much more than Holtz's have because Leavitt actually had talented players. I'm not sure if it's poor judgment or something else, but the players taken on by Holtz and his crew are definitely of lesser ability than were Leavitt's players.

Edited by gobulls83

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894

You are a fool if you did not think we were on the cusp of being big time football. By big time football I mean considered by the country as a respected feared opponent. A team ready to get in and stay in the top 25. It does not mean we are going undefeated but trust me if we had gotten into a BCS game some local talent would have changed their mind about coming to usf. I never thought we were a top 10 school or anywhere close but there is huge difference in recruiting when your living in the top 25. I understand we did not have the roster to stay there at the time but they did everything they could to pave the way for future players to keep us there.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436

This is the worst case for USF and it WONT get a B12 invite. USF's only chance to get a B12 invite is UL does not get in ACC and FSU and Miami both stay (ie UL being 11 and USF being 12) I also only see a 10% chance of UL & USF getting an invite to Big 12 together because it wont get an extra $100 million a year added to the contract for those two and it also makes it harder to dissolve Big 12 prior to GOR running out if Big 12 decided to go that way.

So, the Big 12 would collapse from expanding-thereby from expanding its media market footprint and helping teams climb the standings (like the SEC)?

The Big 12 is delusional if it remains at 10 with the smallest media footprint.