Student tickets and parking

ctbrown24

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Here's an article from the Oracle regarding student tickets and the parking lots.

When I was at USF a few years ago, I know everyone wanted a spot in the Dome lot (and then complain about not being able to find a spot), while a couple of the garages were half full. Are things still the same? I always lived on or next to campus so never had to deal with it. Instead of searching for a spot for 30-45 minutes, why not park at a slightly further lot and walk/take the Bull Runner?

http://www.usforacle.com/student-basketball-tickets-a-barrier-to-attendance-1.2788762#.UJflecXA-8A

The men’s basketball team is expecting a greater show of fandom after the dance that almost landed it in the NCAA Sweet 16 last season, but implementing a no-parking rule after 5:30 p.m. in the Sun Dome

parking lot and mandating students request tickets online before the game is no way to celebrate.

Coach Stan Heath announced at a press conference last month that the lower bowl is already sold out for men’s basketball season tickets, and that the team is expecting a larger crowd.

It is important to see that basketball, both men’s and women’s, is growing as a more serious sport at USF.

But while the advance ticket request system works for football, a game played at a stadium nearly 30 minutes from campus, the system — and new parking rules that come with it — is not the way to impose a culture change toward appreciating college basketball at USF.

One of the joys of the team playing in the Sun Dome is the ability for students to walk over the day of the game, after class or before heading to a dining hall.

While the new policies are beneficial in that they guarantee more space for outsiders and alumni to attend more basketball games — something that marks the success of a sport on campus — the new rules impose more barriers for students to attend basketball games, which until now, have not had an over-attendance problem.

Students who park in the Sun Dome during the day will think twice before having to re-enter the lot and pay for a permit. Others who aren’t sure they can commit in advance to watch a game are likely to skip out.

Further, it has not been made clear to students whether or not policies for football tickets — such as that they may only be printed out until kickoff, and must be canceled if not being used, lest a student risk losing “Loyalty Points†— will apply to basketball tickets as well.

Basketball has a different appeal than football at USF, and thus can’t be treated the same way.

According to data from the Office of Postsecondary Education, men’s basketball at USF brings in about $4.6 million a year — about 10 times the amount of revenue brought in by all other men’s sports excluding football, but about $12.4 million less than football.

Men’s basketball faces the unique challenge of a sport on the cusp of made-it status. But demand for the sport has yet to reach the point where these policies would be beneficial.

For now, requiring students to request game tickets and move their cars from the Sun Dome lot only impedes student attendance and adds stress to attending a basketball game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

For now, requiring students to request game tickets and move their cars from the Sun Dome lot only impedes student attendance and adds stress to attending a basketball game.

I LOL'd at that .... I'm sure they can make maybe it easier but adding stress??

• Topic Count:  506
  • Content Count:  3,416
  • Days Won:  1

So the Alumni will be able to park at Sun Dome lot? Will we be able to tailgate (Grill and drink)? How soon can we get there before the game that starts?

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Good grief...

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,595
  • Days Won:  3

I don't have an issue with not being able to park at the Sun Dome since I live on campus, but I really don't think requesting tickets is a huge deal.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187

I'm curious too about when we can park, what the rules are, ect ect.

Here's a link to the 'Home Game Info' on gousfbulls.com. It's full of a lot of good information.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&SPSID=36686&SPID=2923&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=205329494

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I'm curious too about when we can park, what the rules are, ect ect.

Here's a link to the 'Home Game Info' on gousfbulls.com. It's full of a lot of good information.

http://www.gousfbull...TCLID=205329494

Blank page.... LOL

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751

Campus Parking and Traffic Alert

On Monday, November 5, the USF Men’s Basketball team will play an exhibition game against Eckerd College at the USF Sun Dome, which will have an impact on parking and traffic congestion on campus and on roadways in the surrounding community.

In an effort to provide as much parking as possible to the USF community during the day, the university will keep most of the Sun Dome parking lot open during the day on November 5th but must close them at 5:30 pm to ensure that there is adequate parking for the basketball game.

A $75 parking citation will be issued to any car that remains in the lot after 5:30 pm. If you will not be able to exit one of the lots listed below by the time specified, we ask that you choose an alternate parking option on campus.

Parking Lots Impacted by Events:

Monday, 11/5/12

22A

Open until 5:30 pm

22D

22E

22F

Closed

6 (minimal parking available)

USF’s parking garages, especially Beard Garage and Laurel Garage, typically have ample parking available and offer regular, convenient Bull Runner shuttle service to stops across campus. Additionally, after 5:30 pm, cars with valid USF parking permits (except Y) may park in most campus lots, excluding Resident and Reserved parking spaces.

If you have any questions, please contact Parking & Transportation Services at psweb@admin.usf.edu or by phone at (813) 974-3990.

Click here for a copy of the campus map to find the identified parking lots.

As always we appreciate your patience and cooperation.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

I'm glad I saw this... i was going to go tonight without getting a ticket. This does kind of suck that you have to get your ticket before the game. My wife is a student and doesn't even know her password or log-in info I have to do it for her for the Football games. Having to get a ticket off of gousfbulls.com is one of the reasons we have season tickets for football.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

We are so spoiled. This is considered stressful? Heaven forbid you have to request a ticket before an event. What will ever happen to our students when they want to become season ticket holders and have to request tickets and plan to go to games ahead of time?

• Upvote 1