UConn attendance 11.03.12

litt2usf

Turnstyle Attendance for UConn game  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Just more proof that we're exactly where we belong in the world of college football. No business at all being in a Big 5 conference ...

Pffftt... even teams in the big 5 conference when they suck BAD their fan base doesn't come out. 2 years ago UM is a perfect example. Empty stadium and someone rented a sign on the back of an airplane saying Fire Randy for the USF/UM game...and they won National Championships!

Quit acting all mightier than thou and let people express their displeasure in the way they see fit. Its a young fanbase and it will find its way to its median sooner or later.

Auburn 2-7

85,214 vs UL Monroe

86,721 vs LSU

85,813 vs Arkansas

85,119 vs Texas A&M

74, 676 vs New Mexico State

Kentucky 1-9

48,346 vs Kent State

53,980 vs Western Kentucky

49,810 vs South Carolina

49,498 vs Mississippi State

54,553 vs Georgia

44,902 vs Vanderbilt

Illinois 2-7

43,441 vs Western Michigan

45,369 vs Charleston Southern

46,539 vs Louisiana Tech

46, 734 vs Penn State

47,981 vs Indiana

Just for comparisons sake.

Until the administration establishs themselves as a legit program willing to win and listen to the fan base + communicate instead of playing around this will always happen.

What does that even mean? What will always happen ...??

Tampa and a lot of Florida (state wide, not UF) fans are fickle and bandwagon riders...if the fans don't believe the leadership is doing its part to put a winning team out there fans won't show up professional or college. These fans want consistent progress and winning, that's why there was the explosion of fans in '07 and since they haven't done much since it's just so so. The same with the Rays, since most fans don't think they can win the WS they just get the die hards and visiting teams

My point is USF hasn't shown to be a consistent product and with DW and other leaders really not addressing the elephanat in the room (besides the "addressing at the end of the season" statement), so some fans and alum aren't ready to dedicate all their Saturdays to gameday

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• E.T.

• Triple B

• Nuke

• Dhambuc

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Don't mind Triple B, everyone deals in their own way. You want to be happy with a sub-par team, trade in your Green and Gold for Blue and Red and join the FAU fan-base. We belong in a "Big 5" Conference, just like Vandy and all the other teams that aren't LSU, Bama, or UF. Skip has crashed our program into the ground.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Just more proof that we're exactly where we belong in the world of college football. No business at all being in a Big 5 conference ...

Pffftt... even teams in the big 5 conference when they suck BAD their fan base doesn't come out. 2 years ago UM is a perfect example. Empty stadium and someone rented a sign on the back of an airplane saying Fire Randy for the USF/UM game...and they won National Championships!

Quit acting all mightier than thou and let people express their displeasure in the way they see fit. Its a young fanbase and it will find its way to its median sooner or later.

Auburn 2-7

85,214 vs UL Monroe

86,721 vs LSU

85,813 vs Arkansas

85,119 vs Texas A&M

74, 676 vs New Mexico State

Kentucky 1-9

48,346 vs Kent State

53,980 vs Western Kentucky

49,810 vs South Carolina

49,498 vs Mississippi State

54,553 vs Georgia

44,902 vs Vanderbilt

Illinois 2-7

43,441 vs Western Michigan

45,369 vs Charleston Southern

46,539 vs Louisiana Tech

46, 734 vs Penn State

47,981 vs Indiana

Just for comparisons sake.

Until the administration establishs themselves as a legit program willing to win and listen to the fan base + communicate instead of playing around this will always happen.

What does that even mean? What will always happen ...??

Tampa and a lot of Florida (state wide, not UF) fans are fickle and bandwagon riders...if the fans don't believe the leadership is doing its part to put a winning team out there fans won't show up professional or college. These fans want consistent progress and winning, that's why there was the explosion of fans in '07 and since they haven't done much since it's just so so. The same with the Rays, since most fans don't think they can win the WS they just get the die hards and visiting teams

My point is USF hasn't shown to be a consistent product and with DW and other leaders really not addressing the elephanat in the room (besides the "addressing at the end of the season" statement), so some fans and alum aren't ready to dedicate all their Saturdays to gameday

Those numbers are tickets sold. The actual scanned attendance at the Vandy/UK game was 19,688.

Edited by swamprat

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

On a positive note, I actually heard the band.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,944
  • Days Won:  436

Don't mind Triple B, everyone deals in their own way. You want to be happy with a sub-par team, trade in your Green and Gold for Blue and Red and join the FAU fan-base. We belong in a "Big 5" Conference, just like Vandy and all the other teams that aren't LSU, Bama, or UF. Skip has crashed our program into the ground.

Who said I'm happy with a sub-par team? Just because I don't think Skip is the anti-Christ and constantly whine like a little girl doesn't mean I'm happy with this year. I don't think anybody is happy right now.... and why exactly do we belong in a Big 5 conference? ..... and our not being in a Big 5 conference, or getting in one in the near future, has nothing to do with Skip.

Why does Vandy belong in the SEC? Minnesota in the Big10? Baylor in the Big12? Washington State or Colorado in the Pac-12? If the "Big 5" are so elite, why are these teams there? What makes the above schools better than us? Their BB record isn't awe inspiring...so what gives? What would we need to do, in your eyes Triple B, to be worthy of a "Big 5" conference? Is it an age thing? Are we not old enough as a University?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751

Winning didn't change the fact that Skippyball is boring!

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,094

Why does Vandy belong in the SEC? Minnesota in the Big10? Baylor in the Big12? Washington State or Colorado in the Pac-12? If the "Big 5" are so elite, why are these teams there? What makes the above schools better than us? Their BB record isn't awe inspiring...so what gives? What would we need to do, in your eyes Triple B, to be worthy of a "Big 5" conference? Is it an age thing? Are we not old enough as a University?

While I feel the same, the reality is two words: "name brand".

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,944
  • Days Won:  436

You answered my question with a question .... Make your case for us belonging in a Big 5 conference. Belonging, to me, indicates that we have a ton of stuff in common and should rightfully be there .... Why?

I say we have just as much in common with those schools.

We are a bowling school, until 'ol Skippy broke our streak we consistently went to a bowl game.

Our BB program is on the rise.

Tampa is a prime location.

Our other sports consistently do well.

We have the 8th largest university.

I'd say we'd be on par with the middle of the pack "Big 5" opponent.

What were you looking for? A national title? A final four appearance?