AD on Football team: We are close to putting it all together

SilverBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  216
  • Content Count:  1,779
  • Days Won:  0

That is a bold statement for Woolard, who is the AD, to make considering he is not at practices and not on the sidelines. I wonder what would encourage Woolard to say such a thing. I can only assume the coaches provided some level of biased information that would make Woolard confident that the possibility could occur.

But based on history that would be quite a surprise. Under this staff USF has never won 4 games in a round against BCS level opponents.

Unless Woolard and Holtz are channeling their inner Jim Fassel.....

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

What else is he going to say? Sorry, I F'd up.... ???

Welcome to The Bullspen!

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,580
  • Days Won:  1

Has anyone ever stormed a field with a paper bag on their head? That would be pretty awesome.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I want a glass of that koolaid.

I'd put $$$$ down that we don't go to a bowl.

Not gonnna happen, we couldn't beat Temple. We don't have an interception. This team WILL NOT go to a bowl. Nor do they deserve to.

What kind of odds are we talking about? I might be game for that bet.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,472
  • Days Won:  14

He is very close to the football program. Travels with team, IS at practices, is in the locker rooms after the games (this is from a conversation with him).

I believe he genuinely believes we are one last piece of the puzzle away from being a winning team. He is right... look at the other thread stating what our record WOULD be had we been able to get our **** together in the fourth quarter. The difference between his view and ours is that we don't believe Skip knows were to look for that last piece and even if he found it, he wouldn't utilize it properly, while Bill believes we CAN find it and it WILL work.

He has an excellent view of the football team but from my conversation with him, he is too optimistic for my taste and too far from the reality that this team needs major help. That being said, I trust him. I believe he genuinely has a passion for USF football and wants to see a winning team.

EDIT: I would also like to say I am a bit bothered that 2.5 seasons into having Skip here, after a foundation of a winning team, NOW we are ALMOST there. We should have been there in 2011 after beating Clemson in the bowl game.

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

So Woolard is saying we're going to win out? Has he watched us played this season?

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

People are reading way to much into this, Doug is saying what needs to say given the state of the program right now.

As for qualifying for a bowl yes its possible but not likely even though this week and Miami are winnable games.

As for qualifying for a bowl it would not really be in the Athletic depts best interest to go bowling this year. It possibly gives Skip another year or two to make the program worse. It would also be a HUGE hit to the Athletic Dept Budget. The school would be on the hook for thousands of UNSOLD tickets, Travel, Hotels, Meals ect.... Unfort the bright light in not going bowling is that we still get BE Bowl money since the conference has reveune sharing. So USF stands to actually make money by not going bowling. Skip and Doug both have clauses in their contracts that they receive money for making it to a bowl game( we dont need to pay either of them another penny) They are already stealing from the School with their sweet deals and horrible performance.

Edited by Dhambuc
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305

lol ok

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,119
  • Days Won:  14

People are reading way to much into this, Doug is saying what needs to say given the state of the program right now.

As for qualifying for a bowl yes its possible but not likely even though this week and Miami are winnable games.

As for qualifying for a bowl it would not really be in the Athletic depts best interest to go bowling this year. It possibly gives Skip another year or two to make the program worse. It would also be a HUGE hit to the Athletic Dept Budget. The school would be on the hook for thousands of UNSOLD tickets, Travel, Hotels, Meals ect.... Unfort the bright light in not going bowling is that we still get BE Bowl money since the conference has reveune sharing. So USF stands to actually make money by not going bowling. Skip and Doug both have clauses in their contracts that they receive money for making it to a bowl game( we dont need to pay either of them another penny) They are already stealing from the School with their sweet deals and horrible performance.

Although I can totally see this side of things, I would really love for the seniors on this team to get to enjoy another bowl experience. Very unlikely at this point.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233

How much money do you think we lose by going bowling? How many tickets do you think the school actually sells and eats the cost of?

Look back to the past bowl games, even when fan support was at its strongest. USF lost money by going bowling. Look at how much money UConn lost going to the Fiesta bowl.

So as much as I would love and think the players(Seniors) deserve to go bowling, this year would really make a dent in the budget. Esp if we are on the hook for 500 K to buy out Skip and signing a new coaching staff.

The only ones who benefit from a bowl this year are Skip, his staff, Doug and the players.