Skip Holtz Radio Show

MaltLiquorBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Anyone seen the rock at Tennessee? Makes us look like saints

Is that a fan board?

Its a physical rock that fans paint with, um, whatever they want. Lately its been Dooley this and that

Ah, thanks ...

Anyone hear DUImig tonight? Someone on GA's blog said that he went off on Woolard and Genshaft for not supporting Holtz and that all the assistants and Holtz want out because they aren't being supported by the fans or adminstration? Anyone hear this nonsense from DUImig?

I hate to admit it but I was channel surfing and heard us mentioned and stopped there for a bit ... First thing I heard was him questioning the BOT president's knee jerk email right after the Temple game, didn't think it was a very professional (my word, not his) move and I kind of agreed with him there. Then he started in with the Woolard/Genshaft throwing Skip under the bus ********. It sounded like, in is alcohol eaten mind, he thinks DW should have come out and flat out say Skip's doing a great job and will be here for the duration of his contract. Douchebag obviously didn't read the whole statement by Woolard or be familiar enough with our Athletics (surprise, surprise) to know that Woolard has a pretty staunch stance about discussing coaches after their seasons ... and Genshaft shouldn't even be in the discussion at this point. The part about the coaches wanting out was just his stupid spin on what he thought Skip should be doing because of the "non-support" ... brought up something about Strong waxing poetic about his administration fully supporting him with facilities, etc in a conference call today. That's the point I turned him off .... if I want to hear someone slamming USF Administration, this is the place, baby!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

lol duimig trying to stoke the fire, 620 is in whambulance mode since no one listens to them anymore.

i did hear a (seemingly) older caller at the beginning of the usf magazine show at 6pm tonight call in and was going off about skip hasn't had enough time, and he inherited a terrible team and recruiting had been poor, etc. at least mike pepper noted after the call that he inherited a pretty talented team, though he didn't correct the caller that recruiting had been hovering around the top 25 near the end of leavitt's tenure. the caller even whined that usf basketball was only ranked 9th...dude, its the f'n big east, and if teams bounce back, we're at where we should be right now....last year we were preseason picked 13th in the conference and ended up 4th.

the callers are usually the worst. 1 out of maybe 20 can formulate a proper argument with facts. radio isn't the internet guys, you can't edit your call afterwards...smh

• Topic Count:  1,991
  • Content Count:  19,803
  • Days Won:  213

it is very easy to get on a soapbox and yell all the inaccuracies you can muster just to get your voice heard.

formulating something that actually makes any sense and is bound by logic and fact however requires a level of fan sophistication rarely seen on any radio sports show-- be it the callers or the host.

As far as I know-- Skip Holtz has had much more support from the administration in terms of facilities and pay than CJL ever dreamed of. The fans not being behind him is his own doing-- fans want you to win first and foremost. If you are winning, they might find other things to whine about like your sideline mannerisms or your inability to handle a press conference.

sadly-- Skip has this entire equation bass ackwards

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,119
  • Days Won:  14

I wonder how DUIMig would treat it if Muschamp was failing at UF and the fans were upset. He would help them run him out of town. Why, because in his world, the gators are have a God-given right to be the best team in the world in the best conference. In his world, USF is right where they should be--a team that struggles to have a winning season and plays on thursday nights and puts 20,000 fans in the seats and hopes to someday have a rivalry game with ucf. As far as he is concerned, USF is at its potential so we should be supportive. He does not want to see USF succeed. You can hear it in is voice. I don't know what caused him to feel that way about a "home" team, but it is so obvious.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

duimig is a philly ******* anyways, he couldn't care less about much of anything tampa. it's a radio job, they're gonna homer it up for wherever they are.

kirk mcewen in the mornings is a DC/baltimore guy, and todd wright did a lot of west coast stuff i think. both of those guys at least try to seem like they care and support for the market they broadcast in.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

the callers are usually the worst. 1 out of maybe 20 can formulate a proper argument with facts. radio isn't the internet guys, you can't edit your call afterwards...smh

And those that can formulate a cogent point, are told they can only call once a week. I stopped listening to the 98.7 the Fan weeks ago, and I'll listen to Ron and Ian on 620 every once in a while.

Edited by Paisa el Toro
  • Upvote 1

I wonder how DUIMig would treat it if Muschamp was failing at UF and the fans were upset. He would help them run him out of town. Why, because in his world, the gators are have a God-given right to be the best team in the world in the best conference. In his world, USF is right where they should be--a team that struggles to have a winning season and plays on thursday nights and puts 20,000 fans in the seats and hopes to someday have a rivalry game with ucf. As far as he is concerned, USF is at its potential so we should be supportive. He does not want to see USF succeed. You can hear it in is voice. I don't know what caused him to feel that way about a "home" team, but it is so obvious.

Because negativity is what drives the majority of talk radio listeners. It's what has kept him employed all these years ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

You are so right. He supports Skip because Skip is a decent guy and makes himself available to the media. He also supports Skip because Skip is failing and this is what DUImig wants for USF. The longer we keep Skip, the thinking is, the longer we suck. If USF football ever really became a national contender, he would actually have to learn who is on the team. Ever hear him talk about the team at any point of it's existence? He knows nada. Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

And those that can formulate a cogent point, are told they can only call once a week. I stopped listening to the 98.7 the Fan weeks ago, and I'll listen to Ron and Ian on 620 every once in a while.

I have not listened to that show in ages and certainly never more than 20 minutes. Is that really a sports show or a pop culture show?