The 2009 remembrance thread

AddictedToQuack

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,901
  • Days Won:  5

Really? How so? Please expand on that with specifics.

PS...In 2010 Clemson was 4-4 in the ACC and ended the year 6-7. Hardly impressive.

Leavitt had peaked.... we weren't going to get any higher with him here.

Possibly, but no way of knowing that. Leavitt never got a chance to put a staff together with the same amount of money that Skip has. Leavitt never got a chance to recruit with the new practice facilities and dining hall. In his last year, he went 3-4 verse a Big East with 3 ranked teams, would have liked to see what him and his staff could have done in 2010 verse a Big East with ZERO ranked teams.

...err... with a freshman QB that was forced into action before he was ready. The whole world would be a different place if Grothe didn't go down.

Say what you want about Leavitt, but his off seasons were spent evaluating how best to use the talent available to him. Would have liked to see a season where they planned to utilize BJs strengths.

Good coaches run a pro-set, power football team when they have Andre Hall... then, one year later are able to implement a spread option with MG. Skip is still trying to fit a square peg in a round hole 3 years later.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

what was his Big East record, I believe it was under .500

25-26 with Conference USA talent.

Anyone who thinks you can go from zero and nothing in a few short years then suddenly dominate a Div. 1 conference is simply delusional.

it was 16-18, and 4 out of 8 teams in the conference were new to BCS Football. The CUSA talent comment does not hold water, the other 2 schools that came with us from CUSA have won this ****** conference, and so has UCONN.

No, you need to get your facts straight...Garbage in/Garbage out...

2005 South Florida 6–6 4–3 T–3rd L Meineke Car Care 2006 South Florida 9–4 4–3 T–4th W Papajohns.com 2007 South Florida 9–4 4–3 T–3rd L Sun 2008 South Florida 8–5 2–5 6th W St. Petersburg 2009 South Florida 8–5 3–4 T–4th W International South Florida: 95–57 25–26

please tell me how that equals 51 Big East games? It was actually 17-18. i miscounted. That 25-26 record includes CUSA, which is actually even more sad, and proves my point.

Nope...You are so myopic and ignernt of USF Football you don't know what year they joined the Big East.

PS...In 2010 Clemson was 4-4 in the ACC and ended the year 6-7. Hardly impressive.

We also weren't going any lower.

Valid point... I wasn't trying to support the current staff with my statement... I just don't believe that Leavitt was the long term answer.

That's just your uinformed opinion. Please give us some stats, someone with some college football knowledge. According to you Leavitt should have easily won a NC for USF.

What? Now you're starting to sound an awful lot like Mizzou... or whatever his name wasl. Look... I never said Leavitt should have won a NC here... but I still don't think he was going to get us much farther.

Well that Mizzou guy must be a real fart smeller!

O-kay...So tell us what Leavitt should have accomplished to earn your respect. Please give us some standards, records...give us some specificity. Don't be vague with something like, "I don't think he was going to get us much farther."

Edited by Plantation Pete

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,674
  • Days Won:  13

Anyone who thinks you can go from zero and nothing in a few short years then suddenly dominate a Div. 1 conference is simply delusional.

it was 16-18, and 4 out of 8 teams in the conference were new to BCS Football. The CUSA talent comment does not hold water, the other 2 schools that came with us from CUSA have won this ****** conference, and so has UCONN.

2005 South Florida 6–6 4–3 T–3rd L Meineke Car Care 2006 South Florida 9–4 4–3 T–4th W Papajohns.com 2007 South Florida 9–4 4–3 T–3rd L Sun 2008 South Florida 8–5 2–5 6th W St. Petersburg 2009 South Florida 8–5 3–4 T–4th W International South Florida: 95–57 25–26

please tell me how that equals 51 Big East games? It was actually 17-18. i miscounted. That 25-26 record includes CUSA, which is actually even more sad, and proves my point.

Nope...You are so myopic and ignernt of USF Football you don't know what year they joined the Big East.

haha, sir u are a dumbass, they joined in 05, Leavitt coached through 09. That means Leavitt coached for 5 years in the Big East. Your numbers of 25-26 show 51 Big East games which would mean we play over 10 conference games a year. I think you may want to look again.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

I'm so over the anti Skip ******** on here. Yes he's doing horribly, he sucks, it sucks, but for fucks sake lets not act like we were gee dee world beaters before he came in here.

Joe, you've been around long enough to know that we've got fans on here that seem to live for times like this. They embrace, even relish, being able to ***** and act like dickheads ... and add to that these camps:

- Those pissed because of what happened to CJL and know things would be different if he was here.

- Those pissed because they thought CJL was the only problem and it looks like maybe they were wrong ... People hate being wrong.

- The Green and Gold Goggle Gang who thinks we're an elite football program and are losing their minds because of a bad 12 game stretch, including a loss to NAIA Ball State.

In reality, I don't have too much of a problem about the gripes about the technical part of the coaching but the calling for Skip's head NOW, saying he was a bad hire is a ******* joke. Am I happy about recent results? Of course not, but bottom line is we've got 8 more games to play this season and if this year is similar to last year, I wouldn't have a whole lot to say about the whining to get rid of him ... still don't know if I'd agree or not, though.

haha, sir u are a dumbass, they joined in 05, Leavitt coached through 09. That means Leavitt coached for 5 years in the Big East. Your numbers of 25-26 show 51 Big East games which would mean we play over 10 conference games a year. I think you may want to look again.

Well...That's what I get for copying and pasting. The point remains and changes nothing.

I'm so over the anti Skip ******** on here. Yes he's doing horribly, he sucks, it sucks, but for fucks sake lets not act like we were gee dee world beaters before he came in here.

In reality, I don't have too much of a problem about the gripes about the technical part of the coaching but the calling for Skip's head NOW, saying he was a bad hire is a ******* joke. Am I happy about recent results? Of course not, but bottom line is we've got 8 more games to play this season and if this year is similar to last year, I wouldn't have a whole lot to say about the whining to get rid of him ... still don't know if I'd agree or not, though.

Forgive me for sounding eerily like Netanyahu...

"Wait? Wait for what?

Wait??

Did FDR wait when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

Forgive me for sounding eerily like Netanyahu...

"Wait? Wait for what?

You'll have to be more specific ....

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Joe, you've been around long enough to know that we've got fans on here that seem to live for times like this. They embrace, even relish, being able to ***** and act like dickheads ... and add to that these camps:

- Those pissed because of what happened to CJL and know things would be different if he was here.

- Those pissed because they thought CJL was the only problem and it looks like maybe they were wrong ... People hate being wrong.

- The Green and Gold Goggle Gang who thinks we're an elite football program and are losing their minds because of a bad 12 game stretch, including a loss to NAIA Ball State.

You forgot about one more group of people. Those that spend a vast majority of their time complaining about the opinions of other posters on the board. They're quit prevalent now too.