I hope your Starting Center gets suspended for a couple of games...

blitz8ru

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

He should be suspended. I can't imagine our offensive line play could get much worse.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  100
  • Days Won:  0

That could have led to a serious injury like an ACL tear... He was aiming for the knee...

Anyway it has already been reported to the league offices so there may be some type of suspension handed down by the Big East...

• Topic Count:  577
  • Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

cheap shot no matter how you slice it.... the play was 10 yards down the field already

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

A Futgers fan lecturing us about how its not right to play dirty... priceless...

Its like a morbidly obese person lecturing a distance marathon runner to not over eat...

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780

Agree that the play was dirty and he should have been pulled by the coaches. Having said what was the name of your OL who was holding Giddens all night? If he gets suspended by the BE...I hope it is a lesson learned.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,164
  • Days Won:  109

Holtz should suspend him. He should have been yanked from the game. That was shameful. He's lucky he didn't seriously injure the Rutgers guy.

Holtz should have pulled him from the game for getting blown up almost the entire night. The play above may have been a response to what the DL with Rutgers was doing inside to him and his brethren by the RU DL. Unfortunately, the RU folks won't want to show those instances so I'll give him a pass on this but not his overall play. If we didn't have another option at center, I could see why they left him in. I personnally would like to see the close ups of the Rutgers DL on USF's OL to see exactly what was happening in that scrum for the entire game. This RU puke that keeps lurking around here d may not like it though.

Yeah the thought occurred to me that it was probably retaliation for something, but I don't think it really matters, personally. Two wrongs, and all that. This was a dirty hit that could have done serious injury and it was totally uncalled for, away from the ball with the guy's back turned to him. Nothing the Rutgers guy could have done justifies that. If a Rutgers player had done the same thing to a USF player, I know I'd be calling for his head.

There are cheap shots, and then there are specific attempts to hurt someone. This is definitely the latter.

And you KNOW this because of this short little clip? You've ascertained his state of mind from that? Please!!

It must be possible, remember the fumble forward call? Obviously from the film they knew that that play had been practiced and was deliberate. :hijack:

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369

That could have led to a serious injury like an ACL tear... He was aiming for the knee...

Anyway it has already been reported to the league offices so there may be some type of suspension handed down by the Big East...

Your kidding me? It has been reported to the league office? Oh whatever will we do now? Seriously, 10 plays per game are submitted to the league office for review and the league office almost never takes action. This will hopefully be dealt with internally, with a suspension.

Look, it was a cheap shot and that isn't who we are. He should be embarrased and suspended. But let's put this in some perspective, we were playing one of the dirtiest teams in the country - rivaled only perhaps by the University of Miami. That isn't an excuse for that type of play, but it is silly to come around crying about it.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

**** you New Jersey...Go back to your **** hole you bunch of cheating trolls. How many penalty yards did you get?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,906
  • Days Won:  5

Well, if he truly did intentionally make the decision to go after the guy in a dirty way, he is my player of the game for the night... the one guy that actually played at least one play with a little bit of emotion. Kudos to him.

... and no, I do not condone intentionally trying to hurt someone, but, you also can't play this game without emotion and worried about doing up-downs for penalties. If you're thinking about that, you're not playing instinctively.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

during the game it looked almost like he tripped and he was trying to catch himself

On replay you can clearly see that he did trip, caught himself, and then launched himself at the player's knee. It was intentional but he tried to make it look like an accident.

That said, why Rutgers fan is lecturing about dirty play I have no idea.